- adj. 免除的
- vt. 免除
- n. 免税者；被免除义务者
- vt. 使免除〔豁免〕 make sb/sth exempt
- [P]被免除…的,被豁免的 free from an obligation, duty or payment
(of persons) freed from or not subject to an obligation or liability (as e.g. taxes) to which others or other things are subject;
"a beauty somehow exempt from the aging process"
"exempt from jury duty"
"only the very poorest citizens should be exempt from income taxes"
(of goods or funds) not subject to taxation;
"the funds of nonprofit organizations are nontaxable"
"income exempt from taxation"
grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to;
"She exempted me from the exam"
grant exemption or release to;
"Please excuse me from this class"
- He is exempt from military service.
- These houses are exempt from paying rates.
- Poor eyesight will exempt you from military service.
- We hope you will exempt us from taxes.
- These goods are exempt from customs duties.
- Students who get very high marks are exempt from the final examination.
- exempt from (v.+prep.)
使…免除,使…免做free sb from a duty or doing sth
exempt sb from sth/v-ing
Her illness exempted her from examination.
She was exempted from paying tax.
- exempt from 免除
- be exempt from 被免除
- tax exempt income 免税收益
- exempt corporation 非课税法人
- exempt income 免税收入
- exempt zone 辖免区
- tax exempt security 免税证券
- minimum exempt income 最低免税所得额...
- exempt gift 免税赠与
- exempt item 豁免项目
- exempt property 免税财产
- exempt information 免税信息
- exempt bonds 免除债券
- tax exempt 免税的
- tax-exempt 免税的
They whom Christ loves are no more exempt than others from their share of earthly trouble and anguish.出自： R. C. Trench
He is exempt on medical grounds from military service.出自： J. Berger
Clergy who committed felony were no longer exempted from the penalties of their crimes.出自： J. A. Froude
I was exempted from military service because of asthma.出自： R. D. Laing
My..campaign to exempt books from Customs Clearance Charges.出自： S. Unwin
- ☆ 1400年左右进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的exemptus，意为被除去。
- excuse 原谅
- free 自由的
- except 除了 ... 之外...
- release 释放
- relieve 救济
- let off 放（炮、烟火等）...
- immune 免疫的
- let go 放开, 松手
- spare 备用的
- discharge 排出
- excused 动词excuse的过去式...
- excepted 动词except的过去式...
- released 释放
- relieved 放心的
- off the hook (电话听筒)未挂上...
- license 许可证
- let 让
- off 表示状态的关闭或离开...
- nontaxable 不必纳税的