- [C]丧失,遗失 the act or an example of losing or failing to keep sth
- [S]损耗,亏损 sth that is lost;waste
something that is lost;
"the car was a total loss"
"loss of livestock left the rancher bankrupt"
gradual decline in amount or activity;
"a serious loss of business"
the act of losing someone or something;
"everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
the disadvantage that results from losing something;
"his loss of credibility led to his resignation"
"losing him is no great deprivation"
the experience of losing a loved one;
"he sympathized on the loss of their grandfather"
the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue;
"the company operated at a loss last year"
"the company operated in the red last year"
military personnel lost by death or capture
euphemistic expressions for death;
"thousands mourned his passing"
- The loss of her purse caused her much inconvenience.
- This wounded soldier was unconscious from his loss of blood.
- His costly mistake resulted in severe loss.
- The loss of the football game stirred up much anger.
- But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their life.
- She is inconsolable for the loss of her husband.
- The loss of the last game by their team surprised us.
- She wept bitter tears over the loss of her lover.
- The loss of his wife was a great blow to him.
- He was taken ill through grief at the loss of his wife.
- Blindness is the loss of the sensation of sight.
- The car was so badly damaged that it had to be abandoned as a total loss.
- The loss of her bike caused her much inconvenience.
- My brother and I are responsible for the loss.
- You are accountable to him for the great loss.
- The insurance policy guarantees us all from loss.
- He is not thoughtful of personal gain and loss.
- The loss of this contract would be very serious.
- Their losses had been enormous.
- We must recover our losses somehow.
- My losses are nothing to yours.
- at a loss
亏本 lose money in business
- loss to
- throw for a loss
使…惊异不安,使…发愁 not yet recovered from a fright;still badly shaken
throw sb for a loss
It threw Jim for a loss when he failed the test.
- absorb loss 接受损失
- afford loss 承担损失
- bear a loss 蒙受损失
- cause a loss 造成损失
- cover a loss 弥补损失,掩盖损失
- cut a loss 赶紧脱手以免多受损失
- face a loss 面临损失
- get over the loss 从损失中恢复过来
- have a loss 受损失
- hide sb's loss 隐瞒损失
- make a loss 对…造成损失
- make up a loss 弥补损失
- recover losses 弥补损失
- repair a loss 补救损失
- report loss 报道损失
- share a loss with 同…分担损失
- show a loss 表明损失
- stand a loss 忍受一次损失
- suffer loss 忍受损失之苦
- suffer from a loss 遭受损失
- turn loss into gain 转失为得,扭亏为盈
- actual loss 实际损失
- complete loss 完全丧失,一无所知
- dead loss 全部亏损
- further loss 更多的损失
- great loss 巨大伤亡
- heavy loss 重大的伤亡
- material loss 物质损失
- national loss 国家的损失
- realloss 真正的损失
- sad loss 悲惨的损失
- small loss 小损失
- terrible loss 可怕的损失
- total loss 总的损失
Thou hast..quitted all to save A world from utter loss.出自： Milton
- at a loss的意思是“不知所措”,后面可接“for+ n. ”, to- v 或由疑问词引导的从句结构。
- His death was a great loss to the commu- nity.
- He was a great loss to the community.