- [C]丧失,遗失 the act or an example of losing or failing to keep sth
- [S]损耗,亏损 sth that is lost;waste
- something that is lost;
"the car was a total loss"
"loss of livestock left the rancher bankrupt"
- gradual decline in amount or activity;
"a serious loss of business"
- the act of losing someone or something;
"everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
- the disadvantage that results from losing something;
"his loss of credibility led to his resignation"
"losing him is no great deprivation"
- the experience of losing a loved one;
"he sympathized on the loss of their grandfather"
- the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue;
"the company operated at a loss last year"
"the company operated in the red last year"
- military personnel lost by death or capture
- euphemistic expressions for death;
"thousands mourned his passing"
- The loss of her purse caused her much inconvenience.
- This wounded soldier was unconscious from his loss of blood.
- His costly mistake resulted in severe loss.
- The loss of the football game stirred up much anger.
- But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their life.
The loss of the last game by their team surprised us.
She wept bitter tears over the loss of her lover.
The loss of his wife was a great blow to him.
He was taken ill through grief at the loss of his wife.
Blindness is the loss of the sensation of sight.
The car was so badly damaged that it had to be abandoned as a total loss.
The loss of her bike caused her much inconvenience.
My brother and I are responsible for the loss.
You are accountable to him for the great loss.
The insurance policy guarantees us all from loss.
He is not thoughtful of personal gain and loss.
The loss of this contract would be very serious.
Their losses had been enormous.
We must recover our losses somehow.
My losses are nothing to yours.
- at a loss
不知所措 not knowing what to do or say
He found himself at a loss for words of consolation. 他简直想不出安慰的话来。
She is at a loss to recollect my name. 她一下子记不起我的名字来。
亏本 lose money in business
They must sell the goods at a loss. 他们必须亏本出售商品。
- 不知所措 not knowing what to do or say
- loss to
He's given up his job, it's a great loss to the firm. 他放弃了工作,这对于公司来说是个大损失。
Her resignation will be a great loss to the company. 她的离职将是这家公司的重大损失。
His death was a great loss to the country. 他的逝世对这个国家是一大损失。
The sense of loss we felt at his death was very great. 对于我们来说,他的死是个巨大的损失。
It was a great loss to us all. 这是我们极大的损失。
It will end in a great financial loss to us. 它将造成我们财政上的巨大损失。
- 对…是一损失 decrease;damage
- throw for a loss
使…惊异不安,使…发愁 not yet recovered from a fright;still badly shaken throw sb for a loss
It threw Jim for a loss when he failed the test.吉姆没能通过考试,他感到很苦恼。
- 使…惊异不安,使…发愁 not yet recovered from a fright;still badly shaken throw sb for a loss
- absorb loss 接受损失
- afford loss 承担损失
- bear a loss 蒙受损失
- cause a loss 造成损失
- cover a loss 弥补损失,掩盖损失
- cut a loss 赶紧脱手以免多受损失
- face a loss 面临损失
- get over the loss 从损失中恢复过来
- have a loss 受损失
- hide sb's loss 隐瞒损失
- make a loss 对…造成损失
- make up a loss 弥补损失
- recover losses 弥补损失
- repair a loss 补救损失
- report loss 报道损失
- share a loss with 同…分担损失
- show a loss 表明损失
- stand a loss 忍受一次损失
- suffer loss 忍受损失之苦
- suffer from a loss 遭受损失
- turn loss into gain 转失为得,扭亏为盈
- actual loss 实际损失
- complete loss 完全丧失,一无所知
- dead loss 全部亏损
- further loss 更多的损失
- great loss 巨大伤亡
- heavy loss 重大的伤亡
- material loss 物质损失
- national loss 国家的损失
- realloss 真正的损失
- sad loss 悲惨的损失
- small loss 小损失
- terrible loss 可怕的损失
- total loss 总的损失
Thou hast..quitted all to save A world from utter loss.出自：Milton
- at a loss的意思是“不知所措”,后面可接“for+ n. ”, to- v 或由疑问词引导的从句结构。
- His death was a great loss to the commu- nity.
- He was a great loss to the community.
- loss:loss n. 损失, 遗失, 失败, 输, 浪费, 错过, [军]伤亡, 降低习惯用语at a loss 失去猎物的踪迹; 困惑, 为难; 亏本地 不知如何是好be at a loss for a…