- v. 递送；发表（演讲）；交付；解救；生（孩子）；接生；履行；投掷
- 履行（诺言）； 实现（期望）
- vt. & vi. 递送,交付 take sth to people’s houses or places of work
- vt. 发言 speak or read aloud to people listening
- vt. 助产 help in giving birth
- vt. 发动,提出 arouse; put forward
deliver (a speech, oration, or idea);
"The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
bring to a destination, make a delivery;
"our local super market delivers"
to surrender someone or something to another;
"the guard delivered the criminal to the police"
"render up the prisoners"
"render the town to the enemy"
"fork over the money"
free from harm or evil
hand over to the authorities of another country;
"They extradited the fugitive to his native country so he could be tried there"
"render a verdict"
"deliver a judgment"
utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.);
"The students delivered a cry of joy"
save from sins
carry out or perform;
"deliver an attack"
"deliver a blow"
"The boxer drove home a solid left"
relinquish possession or control over;
"The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball;
"The pitcher delivered the ball"
cause to be born;
"My wife had twins yesterday!"
- The mailman delivers letters and parcels every morning.
- He delivered a long prose.
- We deliver the goods in batches.
- Education delivered him from ignorance.
- She delivered twins in the evening.
- The obstetrician delivered the child.
- I am certain that he will deliver on his promise.
- He must deliver the missile and at the same time stay inside the throwing circle.
- deliver from (v.+prep.)
(把某人)从…中解救出来 save sb from bad, as a threat
deliver sth from some place
Has the furniture been delivered from the factory yet?
The eggs were delivered from the farm along with the milk.
鸡蛋随牛奶由农场送到订户。deliver sb from sth
This pill will deliver you from pain.
They delivered him from death.
Only education can deliver people from fear and superstition.
We need a strong leader to deliver the country from the dangers of falling money values.
The sick man was delivered from danger.
They were delivered from slavery.
- deliver of (v.+prep.)
表达(自己的观点) express sth such as an opinion
deliver sb of sb
The doctor delivered Mrs. Jones of a baby.
She was delivered of a lovely girl.
She was safely delivered of a boy in the early hours of this morning.
她今天清晨顺利生下一男孩。deliver oneself of sth
It's so uninteresting to listen to a politician delivering himself of his views.
- deliver on (v.+prep.)
〈美口〉履行,实行 perform; carry out
deliver on sth
This autumn the President had a major opportunity to deliver on his pledge.
They failed to deliver on their promises.
- deliver over/up to (v.+adv.+prep.)
〈正〉把…移交出去,把…转交给 yield sb/sth to
deliver sb/oneself/sth over/up to sb
He delivered himself up to the police.
At last, they delivered the port over to the enemy.
The old man delivered his property over to his son.
When the sale is complete, you must deliver the house over to the new owner.
- deliver a baby 接生
- deliver a hard blow 给予(某人)狠狠一击
- deliver to jail 把囚犯提交法院
- deliver a speech 作报告
- deliver battle 开始攻击
- deliver letters 送文件
- deliver milk 送牛奶
- deliver papers 送报纸
- deliver parcels 投递包裹
- deliver the child 生孩子
- deliver the ewe of twin lambs 产两只绵羊仔
- deliver the goods 发货,履行诺言
- deliver coldly 冷静地发言
- deliver consequently 不断地递送
- deliver conveniently 方便地递送
- deliver effectively 演讲得生动有力
- deliver immediately 立即发送
- deliver oneself well 讲得不错
- deliver promptly 立即发送
- deliver resolutely 果断地提出
- deliver over 把…交出来
- deliver over the key 把钥匙交出来
- deliver up 把…交出来
- deliver as 作为…播送
- deliver sb from danger 救某人出险
- deliver sb from pains 解除某人的痛苦
- deliver sb into the hand of the police 把某人引渡给警察
- deliver oneself of 发表,把…讲出来
- deliver oneself of an opinion 发表意见
- deliver sb of fear 消除某人的恐惧
- deliver on 履行,实行
- deliver over to the police 把(某人)交给警察
- deliver oneself to 向…投案自首
- deliver to sb's house 送到家
The Lord..will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine.出自：Bible (AV): 1 Samuel
A mood of disgust..from which he was only delivered by..abandoning these studies.出自： T. Hardy