- n. 议题；问题；期刊号；一次发行额；发行；<律>子女
- v. 发表；公布；正式发给；发行；流出
- [C]问题,议题; 争论点 a subject to be talked about, argued about, or decided
- [C]发行物 sth which is produced so as to be publicly sold or given out
- [S]放出,流出; 发出,发行 the act of coming out or being produced
- [C]〈正〉结果,结局 what happens in the end; the result
- vt. 出版; 发行 bring out (especially sth printed and official) for the notice of the public
- vt. & vi. 出来; 流出 come〔go, flow〕 out
an important question that is in dispute and must be settled;
"the issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone"
"politicians never discuss the real issues"
one of a series published periodically;
"she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waiting room"
some situation or event that is thought about;
"he kept drifting off the topic"
"he had been thinking about the subject for several years"
"it is a matter for the police"
the act of providing an item for general use or for official purposes (usually in quantity);
"a new issue of stamps"
"the last issue of penicillin was over a month ago"
supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government
the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property;
"the average return was about 5%"
a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon;
"the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"
"his decision had depressing consequences for business"
"he acted very wise after the event"
the immediate descendants of a person;
"she was the mother of many offspring"
"he died without issue"
the becoming visible;
"not a day's difference between the emergence of the andrenas and the opening of the willow catkins"
an opening that permits escape or release;
"he blocked the way out"
"the canyon had only one issue"
the act of issuing printed materials
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale;
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
circulate or distribute or equip with;
"issue a new uniform to the children"
"supply blankets for the beds"
bring out an official document (such as a warrant)
come out of;
"Water issued from the hole in the wall"
"The words seemed to come out by themselves"
make out and issue;
"write out a check"
"cut a ticket"
"Please make the check out to me"
- You're just avoiding the issue.
- The union plans to raise the issue of overtime.
- Parliament will debate the nationalization issue next week.
- They make an issue of this with UEFA.
- Money is not an issue here. I'm talking about trust.
- The current issue of the periodical is not available now.
- November issue has been published!
- The new issue will be divided into four tranches.
- I bought the new stamp the day of its issue.
- He died without issue.
- Xinhua News Agency is authorized to issue the following statement.
- They issue an update on the snow forecast.
- May I issue a ticket to you now?
- New members will be issued with a temporary identity card.
- The mint have decide to issue the coin next year.
- Banknotes of this design were first issued 10 years ago.
- This is one of the streams that issue from the lake.
- There was no issue at all between us.
- If you'd stayed at home, we wouldn't have had an issue.
- This has not been raised as an issue by the West.
- There is a new issue of Christmas stamps every year.
- A nosebleed is an issue of blood from the nose.
- I bought the book the day after its issue.
- There is no issue at all of a happy.
- His enterprise would have a prosperous issue.
- The government issues money and stamps.
- We also issued agricultural loans.
- The press issued a new magazine last year.
- The editor told me that he would issue my recent poems in about a month's time.
- The Commission shall issue its first report in about a month's time.
- The inspiring call was issued by the President.
- They advised the government not to issue him a passport to travel abroad.
- The end hut is to be used for issuing guns to the new soldiers.
- The officer issued guns to the soldiers.
- The general issued commands to his men.
- The public security bureau issues passports to persons going abroad.
- The editor-in-chief hopes that his next book will be issued as a paperback, as this will increase the sales.
- at issue
在审议〔争论〕中under consideration, especially because of some doubt
- make issue of
(像对待大事一样)处理(小事)treat (a minor matter) as it needs serious discussion like a major matter
- take issue with
提出异议disagree with (a person)
- issue from (v.+prep.)
由于…产生 come or result from sth
- issue with (v.+prep.)
提供 supply sb with sth needed
issue sb with sth
They have issued the calamity-stricken people with food.
On the first day of term, the school issued the students with their text-books.
Have all the students been issued with books for the new course?
The convicts were issued with clothing.
- address〔bring up, debate〕 an issue 处理〔提出,讨论〕问题
- await the issue 等待结果
- bring out〔publish〕 an issue 出版一期
- complicate the issue 使问题复杂化
- decide the issue of the battle 决定战役胜败
- face the issue 正视事实,认真对待事实
- force the issue 强迫对方对某事作出决定〔表态〕
- make an issue of sth 把某事当作问题
- resolve〔settle〕 issue 解决争端
- take issue with sb 与某人发生争执
- touch on sensitive issue 触及敏感问题
- back issue 过期的一期
- burning issue 紧要问题
- current issue 目前的问题
- divisive issue 导致不和的问题
- important issue 重要的问题
- minor〔side〕 issue 枝节问题
- last issue (杂志的)上期
- new issue 新问题
- next issue (杂志的)下期
- open issue 胜负未定
- political〔sensitive〕 issue 政治〔敏感〕问题
- issue concerning public interests 与公众利益有关的问题
- at issue 在争论中
- matter〔point〕 at issue 争论的焦点
- at issue with sb 与某人意见不一致
- in the issue 结果,到头来
- an article in this issue 这一期的一篇文章
- on that issue 关于那个问题
- issue of a newspaper 报纸的发行
- issue of business 营业项目
- issue of fact 事实上的争论点
- burning issue of the day 燃眉之急的问题
- issue on the agenda 一项议程
- issue banknote 发行钞票
- issue decrees and ordinances 颁布法令
- issue instructions 发出指示
- issue new rifles 分发步枪
- issue new textbooks 发新书
- issue passport 发护照
- issue stamps 发行邮票
- issue monthly (杂志)每月出一期
- issue officially 正式发行
- issue particularly 特别发行
- issue publicly 公开发行
- issue out 涌出
- issue as 以…发行
- issue at 按…出售
- issue from 从…流出
- issue from carelessness 由于不慎而导致(错误)
- issue from the chimneys (烟)从烟囱里冒出来
- issue from the cut 从伤口流出
- issue from the lake 从湖里流出
- issue from the wound 血从伤口处流出来
- issue in 造成,导致
- issue in heavy losses 造成重大错误
- issue in a tie 打成平局
- issue to troops 发给部队
- issue with textbooks 发课本
- issue the hungry people with food 发给饥饿的人食物
The whole volume..escaped from beneath the ice..forming a fine arch at its place of issue.出自： J. Tyndall
Mr. Alden might be seen at church time issuing from his mansion.出自： G. Santayana
Words issuing as sounds from people's mouths.出自： P. Brook
An English family nervously issuing forth to see the show.出自： C. Peters
- issue既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,后可接名词、代词作宾语; 也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转换为介词to的宾语,介词不可用for;也可接介词from,表示“从…涌出”;issue还可接以as短语充当补足语的复合宾语。
issue作动词“发行，发放”时，可用issue sth to sb或issue sb sth。
The authorities issued clothes and shoes to them.
- 可与介词with连用，如issue sb with sth，但这种用法应尽量避免。
- issue, emerge
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的issue，意为出口，解决方法；最初源自拉丁语的exire：ex (出去） + ire (走），意为走出，离开。