lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime;
"you've forfeited your right to name your successor"
give up with the intent of never claiming again;
"Abandon your life to God"
"She gave up her children to her ex-husband when she moved to Tahiti"
"We gave the drowning victim up for dead"
give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat;
"In the second round, the challenger gave up"
put an end to a state or an activity;
"Quit teasing your little brother"
give up what is not strictly needed;
"he asked if they could spare one of their horses to speed his journey"
part with a possession or right;
"I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"
"resign a claim to the throne"
leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily;
"She vacated the position when she got pregnant"
"The chairman resigned when he was found to have misappropriated funds"
relinquish possession or control over;
"The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
give up or agree to forgo to the power or possession of another;
"The last Taleban fighters finally surrendered"
stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims;
"He abandoned the thought of asking for her hand in marriage"
"Both sides have to give up some claims in these negotiations"
allow the other (baseball) team to score;
"give up a run"
"kick a habit"
"give up alcohol"
- She doesn't give up easily.
- The doctors had given her up but she made a remarkable recovery.
- You might as well advise me to give up my fortune as my argument.
- You ought to give up smoking; I gave it up last year.
- He had to give his passport up to the authorities.
- give up the ghost 死
- give up for lost 认定(某人)己无生还...
- give oneself up to 向 ... 自首
- give up the fight 放弃战斗
- give up the ship 承认失败(认输...
- give up 放弃
- give up the spirit 死去
- give someone a leg up 扶某人上马
- give up for dazedly 认为…已死
- give oneself up 自首，投案
- abandon，desert，leave，give up，forsake
- give up普通用语，侧重指没有希望或因外界压力而放弃。
- resign 辞职
- surrender 投降
- cede 割让(领土
- spare 备用的
- renounce 声明放弃
- forgo 放弃
- relinquish 放弃
- forsake 放弃
- droop 低垂
- sacrifice 牺牲
- drop 落下
- yield 生产
- despair 绝望
- abdicate 正式放弃
- languish 衰弱无力
- abandon 放弃
- quit 停止
- vacate 空出
- throw in 扔进
- drop by the wayside 半途而废, 堕落下去...
- deliver 递送
- drop out 退出
- fall by the wayside 半途而废
- waive 放弃
- dispense with 摒弃
- throw overboard 废除
- discontinue 中断
- chuck up the sponge 承认失败, 认输...
- free 自由的
- cease 终止
- part with 和 ... 分离
- lay off 解雇
- forfeit 没收物
- stop 停止
- release 释放
- throw in the towel 认输
- allow 允许
- kick 踢
- forego 放弃
- leave 委托
- desert 沙漠