- <口>猥亵的 ，色情的，黄色的，下流的
- 把...染成天青色， 给...上蓝，用上蓝剂于
- 蓝色的,蔚蓝的 having the colour of a clear sky or the sea on a sunny day
- [P]沮丧的,忧郁的 sad; depressed
- [U][C]蓝色,蔚蓝; 青色 having the colour of a clear sky or the sea on a sunny day
- [P]忧郁 the state of being sad; a feeling of deep unhappiness
- vt. & vi. (使)变成蓝色,给…上蓝剂 (make) azure
- vt. 挥霍,乱花钱 spend money freely or wastefully
- blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime;
"he had eyes of bright blue"
- blue clothing;
"she was wearing blue"
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue;
"the Union army was a vast blue"
- the sky as viewed during daylight;
"he shot an arrow into the blue"
- used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
- the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
- any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
- of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky;
"October's bright blue weather"
"a blue flame"
"blue haze of tobacco smoke"
- used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms);
"a ragged blue line"
- filled with melancholy and despondency ;
"gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
"a gloomy silence"
"took a grim view of the economy"
"the darkening mood"
"lonely and blue in a strange city"
"depressed by the loss of his job"
"a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"
"downcast after his defeat"
"feeling discouraged and downhearted"
- characterized by profanity or cursing;
"foul-mouthed and blasphemous"
- suggestive of sexual impropriety;
"a blue movie"
"he skips asterisks and gives you the gamy details"
"a juicy scandal"
"a naughty wink"
"a risque story"
- belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy;
"an aristocratic family"
"a blue family"
"the blue-blooded aristocracy"
"of gentle blood"
"patrician landholders of the American South"
- morally rigorous and strict;
"the puritan work ethic"
"puritanic distaste for alcohol"
"she was anything but puritanical in her behavior"
- causing dejection;
"a blue day"
"the dark days of the war"
"a week of rainy depressing weather"
"a disconsolate winter landscape"
"the first dismal dispiriting days of November"
"a dark gloomy day"
"grim rainy weather"
- turn blue
- She wore a dark blue coat.
- The pots are made with blue enamel.
- Someone has flown off with my blue bag.
- I'm feeling blue today.
- The thundery weather make me blue.
- It really is blue Monday after a wonderful weekend.
- His girl friend was blue about not being invited to the dance party yesterday.
- They were caught showing blue films in the theater and were arrested by the police.
- The color scheme of the room is blue and gold.
- On this chart, the erector is marked in blue.
The clear water mirrored the blue sky.
The blue sky belongs equally to us all.
White clouds swam in the blue sky.
The Monument to the People's Heroes stands sharp against the blue sky.
Red flags stand out brightly, set against the blue sky.
The mountain is relieved against the blue sky.
He saw the grey summit of the mountain against a brilliant background of blue sky.
The sea, blue and still, was spread before us.
Put the potatoes in the blue dish.
The white plate is banded with a blue line round the edge.
The blue car overtook ours.
The blue whale is the world's largest living animal.
Join the blue wool on the end of the gold pattern and work the same stitches into the back.
This light blue sweater becomes her very well.
Angela is modelling an attractive blue silk dress.
The curtains have white flowers on a blue ground.
I asked the shop assistant to measure off two metres of blue corduroy for me.
The yellow curtains contrast with the blue bedcover.
I am only taking two dresses on holiday, so I will have to alternate the green dress with the blue one.
“Which of the two cars do you like better?”I asked Peter.“The blue one or the red one?”
She wanted to buy the orange dress, but we persuaded her that the blue one was more becoming.
Let's set some white flowers among the blue ones.
The blue coat belongs to Mary.
Peter decided on a blue sweater.
The blue umbrella belongs to my brother.
It is difficult to tell where the blue melts into the green.
The blue flame of the exhaust stabbed the darkness.
Combine blue paint and yellow paint.
We decided to decorate the bedroom with blue paint and a gold paper.
The artist mixed blue with yellow paint to produce the green colour he wanted.
She messed up her new dress with blue ink.
The blue team was defeated by the red team.
The sky is bright blue.
The primary colours are red, blue, and yellow.
The sky was dark blue and clear when the moon came up.
The sky was indigo blue, and a great many stars were shining.
One end is blue, one end is red, and the colours merge in the middle.
Myra has felt blue ever since her boyfriend left for Shanghai.
You're looking blue, what's the matter?
I've felt blue all day.
Gara felt blue when he reread Mary's letters.
There's often no reason for feeling blue, so we sometimes blame it on the weather.
She ran and ran until she was blue in the face.
His face was blue with cold.
He was blue over his dismissal.
I had my hair dyed blue.
He painted the door blue.
The blue shaded off into grey.
She specified blue for the bedroom windows.
These shirts come in three different colours: white, pale blue and khaki.
If you mix blue and yellow you will make green.
Green results from blending blue and yellow.
Some people find it difficult to discern between blue and green.
I prefer red to blue.
She looks very pretty in pale blue.
He was in blue.
These two blues are quite different.
The yellow one is nice, but I think I'll have a blue.
A plane is flying in the blue.
She has been in the blues these days.
She has cried the blues about its financial woes.
Several metres of cloth has blued.
The sky of city has blued now.
She wanted to blue a soft cloth.
He blued 9000 yuan in a holiday.
He has blued all his money.
He blues a lot of money on entertaining friends.
She blued 4000 dollars at a restaurant one day.
As soon as he won all that money, he blued it.
- a blue moon
很长时间 long time
It took me a blue moon to catch on to the directions. 我花了很久才弄明白说明书的意思。
In a blue moon she could not accept that her husband was really dead. 很长时间她不信她丈夫是死了。
By living a blue moon with the Indians, he was assimilated to them in his thinking and actions. 由于长期和印第安人共同生活,他在思想和行动上都被他们同化了。
The storm has lasted a blue moon, it should soon blow over. 风暴已持续很长时间,不久就该停下来了。
That murder was a mystery in a blue moon, but a clever detective cleared it up. 那次谋杀案长期以来一直是个谜,后来有个机灵的侦探揭开了真相。
- 很长时间 long time
- black and blue
青一块紫一块 covered with bruises
They have beaten the aggressors black and blue. 他们把侵略者打得焦头烂额。
He used to beat her black and blue. 他经常打得她青一块紫一块。
She beat the boy black and blue. 她把这个男孩子打得青一块紫一块。
The demonstrators were beaten black and blue by the police. 示威者被警察打得鼻青脸肿。
Tom's boss often beat him black and blue. 汤姆的老板常把他打得青一块紫一块。
- 青一块紫一块 covered with bruises
- cry blue murder
大声惊呼,大惊小怪地叫喊 cry out in alarm
He cried blue murder when I trod on his foot. 我踩了他一脚,他便大声怪叫起来。
He cried blue murder when the dentist pulled his tooth out. 当牙医给他拔牙时,他大惊小怪地叫喊。
- 大声惊呼,大惊小怪地叫喊 cry out in alarm
- a bolt from the blue
意想不到的事,使人吃惊的事 sth taken sb by surprise
The news that he was killed in an accident came like a bolt from the blue. 他在一次事故中丧生的消息意想不到地传来了。
This news had smashed all his hopes like a bolt from the blue. 这一出乎意外的消息使他的全部希望都破灭了。
He has met some difficulties like a bolt from the blue. 他遇到了一些使人吃惊的困难。
- 意想不到的事,使人吃惊的事 sth taken sb by surprise
- out of the blue
出其不意; 出乎意料 take sb by surprise; unusually
Her son, who left her more than thirty years ago, came out of the blue. 她三十多年前离开的儿子出乎意料地回来了。
It had never occurred to her that a new possibility would happen out of the blue. 她万万没有想到会出乎意料地出现一种新的可能性。
North China was hit out of the blue by a heavy rain which caused severe flooding. 华北遭受了一场意外的大雨,引起严重的水灾。
The question appeared out of the blue, and she colored very slightly. 问题出乎意料,她脸稍稍红了点。
- 出其不意; 出乎意料 take sb by surprise; unusually
- blue baby 青紫婴儿
- blue background 蔚蓝的背景
- blue bedcover 蓝色床罩
- blue blood 名门出身
- blue book 蓝皮书
- blue box 蓝盒子
- blue button 交易所的低级职员
- blue car 蓝色的汽车
- blue cheese 蓝奶酪
- blue coat 蓝色外衣
- blue dahlia 稀罕物
- blue dish 蓝盘子
- blue film 色情电影
- blue flags 蓝旗
- blue flame 蓝色火焰
- blue funk 极端的恐惧
- blue joke 低级趣味的笑话
- blue language 下流语言
- blue law 蓝色法规
- blue line 蓝边
- blue Monday 烦闷(相对于星期日的欢乐而言)
- blue paint 蓝颜料
- blue ribbon 一等奖
- blue silk dress 蓝色丝绸服装
- blue sky 蓝天
- blue song 惆怅之歌
- blue stocking 女学者；才女
- blue story 下流故事
- blue sweater 蓝色毛衣
- blue talk 淫秽之谈
- blue team 蓝队
- blue umbrella 蓝色的伞
- blue water 大海,沧海
- blue whale 蓝鲸
- blue wool 蓝毛线
- blend blue and yellow 把蓝色和黄色掺起来
- cry the blues 叫苦不迭
- prefer blue 喜欢蓝色
- shade off into blue 逐渐变成蓝色
- specify blue 指定蓝色
- bolt from the blue 意想不到使人吃惊的事
- in pale blue 浅蓝色
- in the blue 在蓝天上
- in the blues 心情忧郁
- out of the blue 出其不意
The blue of distance, however intense, is not the blue of a bright blue flower.出自：J. Ruskin
My bluest veins to kiss.出自：Anthony Cleopatra,Shakespeare
The blue smoke of brittle leaves.出自：Scott Fitzgerald
Eyes as blue as the kingfisher's wing.出自：C. Mackenzie
A great plain between blue hills.出自：L. van der Post
'Can I borrow a blue pencil?' 'Blue for the sea or blue for the sky?'出自：I. McEwan
- blue用于比喻可指“沮丧的”“忧郁的”,指灰心失望或愁闷忧伤,通常置于be, look, feel等系动词之后,用作表语。
- blue与joke, song, talk, language, story等名词搭配具有贬义或消极的意义。
- blue的复数形式blues可表示“情绪忧伤”等,常与定冠词the连用, in the blues的意思是“心情忧郁”。
- cry the blues的意思是“哭穷”“叫苦”。
- a blue bird 蓝色的鸟
- a bluebird 知更鸟
- a blue coat 蓝色上衣
- a bluecoat 穿蓝色制服者
- a blue jacket 蓝色夹克
- a bluejacket 水兵,水手
- a blue stone 蓝色的石头
- a bluestone 胆矾
- She was in blue.
- She was in blues.
- sad unhappy gloomy blue sorrowful melancholy
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的belu，意为蓝色的。
- blue:blue BLUE BLUE背景 成员介绍 BLUE专辑 BLUE专辑详解 BLUE乐队资料 BLUE 视频影音集合 背景 谈京剧，不能不想中国；谈R&B，当然不能不想美国；更确切一点，R&...…