- adj. 蓝色的；忧郁的；沮丧的；色情的
- n. 蓝色
- <口>猥亵的 ，色情的，黄色的，下流的
- 把...染成天青色， 给...上蓝，用上蓝剂于
- 蓝色的,蔚蓝的 having the colour of a clear sky or the sea on a sunny day
- [P]沮丧的,忧郁的 sad; depressed
- [U][C]蓝色,蔚蓝; 青色 having the colour of a clear sky or the sea on a sunny day
- [P]忧郁 the state of being sad; a feeling of deep unhappiness
- vt. & vi. (使)变成蓝色,给…上蓝剂 (make) azure
- vt. 挥霍,乱花钱 spend money freely or wastefully
blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime;
"he had eyes of bright blue"
"she was wearing blue"
any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are blue;
"the Union army was a vast blue"
the sky as viewed during daylight;
"he shot an arrow into the blue"
used to whiten laundry or hair or give it a bluish tinge
the sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate; used as a sedative and a hypnotic
any of numerous small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae
of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky;
"October's bright blue weather"
"a blue flame"
"blue haze of tobacco smoke"
used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms);
"a ragged blue line"
filled with melancholy and despondency ;
"gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
"a gloomy silence"
"took a grim view of the economy"
"the darkening mood"
"lonely and blue in a strange city"
"depressed by the loss of his job"
"a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"
"downcast after his defeat"
"feeling discouraged and downhearted"
characterized by profanity or cursing;
"foul-mouthed and blasphemous"
suggestive of sexual impropriety;
"a blue movie"
"he skips asterisks and gives you the gamy details"
"a juicy scandal"
"a naughty wink"
"a risque story"
belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy;
"an aristocratic family"
"a blue family"
"the blue-blooded aristocracy"
"of gentle blood"
"patrician landholders of the American South"
morally rigorous and strict;
"the puritan work ethic"
"puritanic distaste for alcohol"
"she was anything but puritanical in her behavior"
"a blue day"
"the dark days of the war"
"a week of rainy depressing weather"
"a disconsolate winter landscape"
"the first dismal dispiriting days of November"
"a dark gloomy day"
"grim rainy weather"
- She wore a dark blue coat.
- The pots are made with blue enamel.
- Someone has flown off with my blue bag.
- I'm feeling blue today.
- The thundery weather make me blue.
- Often, when it rains, Marty feels blue.
- It really is blue Monday after a wonderful weekend.
- His girl friend was blue about not being invited to the dance party yesterday.
- They were caught showing blue films in the theater and were arrested by the police.
- The color scheme of the room is blue and gold.
- On this chart, the erector is marked in blue.
- The clear water mirrored the blue sky.
- The blue sky belongs equally to us all.
- White clouds swam in the blue sky.
- The Monument to the People's Heroes stands sharp against the blue sky.
- Red flags stand out brightly, set against the blue sky.
- The mountain is relieved against the blue sky.
- He saw the grey summit of the mountain against a brilliant background of blue sky.
- The sea, blue and still, was spread before us.
- Put the potatoes in the blue dish.
- The white plate is banded with a blue line round the edge.
- The blue car overtook ours.
- The blue whale is the world's largest living animal.
- Join the blue wool on the end of the gold pattern and work the same stitches into the back.
- This light blue sweater becomes her very well.
- Angela is modelling an attractive blue silk dress.
- The curtains have white flowers on a blue ground.
- I asked the shop assistant to measure off two metres of blue corduroy for me.
- The yellow curtains contrast with the blue bedcover.
- I am only taking two dresses on holiday, so I will have to alternate the green dress with the blue one.
- “Which of the two cars do you like better?”I asked Peter.“The blue one or the red one?”
- She wanted to buy the orange dress, but we persuaded her that the blue one was more becoming.
- Let's set some white flowers among the blue ones.
- The blue coat belongs to Mary.
- Peter decided on a blue sweater.
- The blue umbrella belongs to my brother.
- It is difficult to tell where the blue melts into the green.
- The blue flame of the exhaust stabbed the darkness.
- Combine blue paint and yellow paint.
- We decided to decorate the bedroom with blue paint and a gold paper.
- The artist mixed blue with yellow paint to produce the green colour he wanted.
- She messed up her new dress with blue ink.
- The blue team was defeated by the red team.
- The sky is bright blue.
- The primary colours are red, blue, and yellow.
- The sky was dark blue and clear when the moon came up.
- The sky was indigo blue, and a great many stars were shining.
- One end is blue, one end is red, and the colours merge in the middle.
- Myra has felt blue ever since her boyfriend left for Shanghai.
- You're looking blue, what's the matter?
- I've felt blue all day.
- Gara felt blue when he reread Mary's letters.
- There's often no reason for feeling blue, so we sometimes blame it on the weather.
- She ran and ran until she was blue in the face.
- His face was blue with cold.
- He was blue over his dismissal.
- I had my hair dyed blue.
- He painted the door blue.
- The blue shaded off into grey.
- She specified blue for the bedroom windows.
- These shirts come in three different colours: white, pale blue and khaki.
- If you mix blue and yellow you will make green.
- Green results from blending blue and yellow.
- Some people find it difficult to discern between blue and green.
- I prefer red to blue.
- She looks very pretty in pale blue.
- He was in blue.
- These two blues are quite different.
- The yellow one is nice, but I think I'll have a blue.
- A plane is flying in the blue.
- She has been in the blues these days.
- She has cried the blues about its financial woes.
- Several metres of cloth has blued.
- The sky of city has blued now.
- She wanted to blue a soft cloth.
- He blued 9000 yuan in a holiday.
- He has blued all his money.
- He blues a lot of money on entertaining friends.
- She blued 4000 dollars at a restaurant one day.
- As soon as he won all that money, he blued it.
- a blue moon
很长时间 long time
- black and blue
青一块紫一块 covered with bruises
- cry blue murder
大声惊呼,大惊小怪地叫喊 cry out in alarm
- a bolt from the blue
意想不到的事,使人吃惊的事 sth taken sb by surprise
- out of the blue
出其不意; 出乎意料 take sb by surprise; unusually
- blue baby 青紫婴儿
- blue background 蔚蓝的背景
- blue bedcover 蓝色床罩
- blue blood 名门出身
- blue book 蓝皮书
- blue box 蓝盒子
- blue button 交易所的低级职员
- blue car 蓝色的汽车
- blue cheese 蓝奶酪
- blue coat 蓝色外衣
- blue dahlia 稀罕物
- blue dish 蓝盘子
- blue film 色情电影
- blue flags 蓝旗
- blue flame 蓝色火焰
- blue funk 极端的恐惧
- blue joke 低级趣味的笑话
- blue language 下流语言
- blue law 蓝色法规
- blue line 蓝边
- blue Monday 烦闷(相对于星期日的欢乐而言)
- blue paint 蓝颜料
- blue ribbon 一等奖
- blue silk dress 蓝色丝绸服装
- blue sky 蓝天
- blue song 惆怅之歌
- blue stocking 女学者；才女
- blue story 下流故事
- blue sweater 蓝色毛衣
- blue talk 淫秽之谈
- blue team 蓝队
- blue umbrella 蓝色的伞
- blue water 大海,沧海
- blue whale 蓝鲸
- blue wool 蓝毛线
- blend blue and yellow 把蓝色和黄色掺起来
- cry the blues 叫苦不迭
- prefer blue 喜欢蓝色
- shade off into blue 逐渐变成蓝色
- specify blue 指定蓝色
- bolt from the blue 意想不到使人吃惊的事
- in pale blue 浅蓝色
- in the blue 在蓝天上
- in the blues 心情忧郁
- out of the blue 出其不意
The blue of distance, however intense, is not the blue of a bright blue flower.出自： J. Ruskin
My bluest veins to kiss.出自：Anthony Cleopatra , Shakespeare
The blue smoke of brittle leaves.出自： Scott Fitzgerald
Eyes as blue as the kingfisher's wing.出自： C. Mackenzie
A great plain between blue hills.出自： L. van der Post
'Can I borrow a blue pencil?' 'Blue for the sea or blue for the sky?'出自： I. McEwan
- blue用于比喻可指“沮丧的”“忧郁的”,指灰心失望或愁闷忧伤,通常置于be, look, feel等系动词之后,用作表语。
- blue与joke, song, talk, language, story等名词搭配具有贬义或消极的意义。
- blue的复数形式blues可表示“情绪忧伤”等,常与定冠词the连用, in the blues的意思是“心情忧郁”。
- cry the blues的意思是“哭穷”“叫苦”。
- a blue bird 蓝色的鸟
- a bluebird 知更鸟
- a blue coat 蓝色上衣
- a bluecoat 穿蓝色制服者
- a blue jacket 蓝色夹克
- a bluejacket 水兵,水手
- a blue stone 蓝色的石头
- a bluestone 胆矾
- She was in blue.
- She was in blues.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的bleu，意为蓝色的。