- vt. 倾倒；抛弃；倾销；抛售；倾卸；[计]转储
- vi. 倾倒；突然落下
- n. 垃圾场；军需供应站
- [C]脏的地方 dirty or unattractive place
- [C]垃圾场 place where rubbish may be unloaded and left
- [P]〈口〉忧郁 sorrow
- vt. 倾倒,丢弃,倾卸; 堆放 put in a place and leave as rubbish; put down carelessly
- vt. 倾销,抛售 sell abroad at very low price
a coarse term for defecation;
"he took a shit"
a piece of land where waste materials are dumped
(computer science) a copy of the contents of a computer storage device; sometimes used in debugging programs
a place where supplies can be stored;
"an ammunition dump"
throw away as refuse;
"No dumping in these woods!"
sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly;
"The company dumped him after many years of service"
"She dumped her boyfriend when she fell in love with a rich man"
sell at artificially low prices
drop (stuff) in a heap or mass;
"The truck dumped the garbage in the street"
"It plunged to the bottom of the well"
knock down with force;
"He decked his opponent"
- Some people just dump their rubbish in the river.
- Sealed containers of nuclear waste have been dumped in the sea.
- They dump surplus goods abroad.
- A complete memory dump file is rarely required.
- The last chap-ter covers crash dump analysis.
- You'll be fined if you dump here.
- There is a refuse dump out of the town.
- Life in such a dump is unbearable.
- There is a dump behind the house.
- It's no use letting yourself fall into the dumps.
- Dump your luggage here.
- Where can I dump the rubbish?
- She dumped the kids at her mother's and went to the theater.
- They dump goods into a certain country.
- The champion was dumped twice but won the fight.
- He was dumped from the company after making a big blunder.
- dump on( v.+prep. )
投放,欺骗某人throw down; cheat sb
dump on sb
I have been dumped on too often,I don't trust people too far.
我经常上当,我不再过分相信别人了。dump sth on sb
I have had all this work dumped on me.
A..vulgar little dump of an old man.出自： Carlyle
Cans of petrol were fetched from a dump close by.出自： J. Hilton
Oakroyd's reply..was to fetch his bag of tools and dump it down at the other's feet.出自： J. B. Priestley
Industrial waste dumped into a river can turn up..thousands of miles away in the ocean.出自： A. Toffler
He..decided to dump the whole thing..into the laps of his superiors.出自： fig.
- discard 丢弃
- unload 卸下
- discharge 排出
- empty 空的
- scrap 碎片
- ditch 沟渠
- throw away 扔掉
- garbage dump 垃圾堆
- put 放
- leave 委托
- abandon 放弃
- walk out on (为表示抗议而)离开...
- get rid of 摆脱
- junkyard [美]废物堆积场...
- scrapyard 废品堆放场
- landfill 垃圾填埋地
- scrapheap 废物堆(渣子堆)...
- hole 洞
- pigsty 猪圈
- eyesore 剌眼的东西
- mess 混乱
- throw 扔
- monstrosity 巨大而丑陋之物...
- away 离开
- waste-yard 垃圾场
- dumpsite 垃圾场
- floor 地面
- coldcock 把 ... 打昏
- shit 表示愤怒、厌恶等的感叹词...
- plunge 使投入
- deck 甲板
- knock down 击倒
- rubbish dump 垃圾堆
- wasteyard 废物场
- underprice 削价竞售
- trash dump 垃圾堆