- (表示位置)在…之中; 在…各处; 遍及 between; in; extending all over
- (表示时间)在…期间; 从…开头到结尾 during; from start to end
- (表示方向)从…的一端到另一端; 经过 from start to end
- (表示状态)经历着; 度过 experience
- (表示方式)凭借; 用 by
- (表示原因)因为,由于 because of sth
- (表示让步)尽管有(反对、抗议等的声音); 顶着 going against
- 通过,过去 from one side to other side
- 进行到底 from the beginning to the end
- having finished or arrived at completion;
"certain to make history before he's done"
"it's a done deed"
"after the treatment, the patient is through except for follow-up"
"almost through with his studies"
- (of a route or journey etc.) continuing without requiring stops or changes;
"a through street"
"a through bus"
- from beginning to end;
"read this book through"
- over the whole distance;
"this bus goes through to New York"
- to completion;
"think this through very carefully!"
- in diameter;
"this cylinder measures 15 inches through"
- throughout the entire extent;
"got soaked through in the rain"
"I'm frozen through"
"a letter shot through with the writer's personality"
"knew him through and through"
"boards rotten through and through"
- The crowd fell back to let the players through.
- Put the coffee in the filter and let the water through.
- "Did you stop in Oxford on the way?""No, we drove straight through."
- Don't tell me how it ends--I haven't read all the way through yet.
- My overcoat is wet through.
- The ball went through the window.
- The journey through the jungle was perilous.
- The hunter stalked the bear through the woods.
- You can only achieve success through hard work.
- We'll be in New York Monday through Friday.
- Welcome on board the 94 through train to Guangzhou.
- We found a through street.
- A through beam illuminated the dark road ahead.
- She was through with the project.
- How soon will you be through?
- Todd and I are through.
The earth moves through space.
The hare was limpingly trembling through the frozen grass.
Tom bore up bravely through his father's illness.
She read quickly through the book.
He went through the forest all the next day too.
He has decided to prolong his visit through the weekend.
They will continue construction through the winter months.
The answer given to police was through a young gentleman.
I learnt of the position through a newspaper advertisement.
He became ill through overwork.
It was through him that I missed my train.
The politician struggled to speak through the shouts of the crowd.
The young man drove straight through a red traffic light.
They wouldn't let us through.
Can I get through by this road?
I'm counting on you to help me through!
Did you read the book through?
- all through
一直地all the way
I hoped all through you would come back. 我一直希望你能回来。
- 一直地all the way
- be through with
Are you through with your work? 你的工作完成了吗?
I'm through with him,I never want to see him again. 我和他已绝交,永远不想再见到他。
- 已结束have finished
- through and through
Have you finished your work through and through? 你的工作全部完成了吗?
- through and through完全地
- carry through完成
- through thick and thin不顾艰难险阻...
- through fair and foul在任何情况下...
- see something through rose-colored spectacles对某物抱乐观态度,乐...
- bring through治愈
- through with完成
- pay through the nose付出过高的价钱...
- race the bill through使议案飞快地通过...
- talk through the back of one's neck吹牛
- go through the hoop历尽沧桑
- button-through钮扣从上向下扣的; ...
- live through度过
A small front room..and a through room from the passage to the scullery.出自：E. Hall
She peered through gaps in the shrubbery.出自：E. Bowen
She climbed in through the window.出自：M. Keane
Drawing air through their nostrils.出自：D. Abse
The damp seeped through her thin shoes.出自：A. Carter
The sun pours in through the big bay window.出自：M. Roberts
- 在美国，through意为“完了的”，through with意为“关于……完了的”。get through with the examination意为“考试完毕”，但get through the examination（没有with）在英美都意为“考试及格”；
He is through with asking questions.
- 在美国，from Monday through Friday意为“从周一到周五，包括周五”，from astronomy through zoology意为“从天文学到动物学的各种科学”；
We walked across the ice.
We were on the ice.
I walked through the wood.
- through, across
- through, after, at, by, for, from, over, with
这两个词都可表示“按照”“根据”“依照”“依从”。其区别在于:1.at多接抽象名词; 而by多接具体名词。2.这两个词都有“按…计算”的意思,不过by用于英式英语; at用于美式英语。
- through, throughout
- across along over through
- across through cross
- My house is across the harbour，in the vicinity of the Kowloon Park．
- They live across the Central Plaza.
- Everyone shouts "kill it" when a rat is seen to run across the street．
- He has crossed the border into another territory．
- Many steel arch bridges cross the Mississippi in its lower reaches．
- They have crossed over to Japan．
错句： this has been seen in the endless stream of bills through parliament.
纠正： this has been seen in the endless stream of bills passing through parliament.
- ☆ 1300年左入进右英语，直接源自古英语的thurh，意为穿越，通过。
- through:through prep. 穿过, 通过, 从开始到结束, 经由, 以adv. 从头到尾, 自始至终, 直达地, 彻底, 完全adj. 直达的, 直通的Google提供的广告习惯用语all throu…