- =seasonal affective disorder 季节性情绪失调
- 悲哀的,忧愁的,难过的 showing or causing sorrow; unhappy
- [A] 糟糕的,不成样子的,不像话的 unsatisfactory or unacceptable
- experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness;
"feeling sad because his dog had died"
"Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad"
- of things that make you feel sad;
"she doesn't like sad movies"
"it was a very sad story"
"When I am dead, my dearest, / Sing no sad songs for me"
- bad; unfortunate;
"my finances were in a deplorable state"
"a lamentable decision"
"her clothes were in sad shape"
"a sorry state of affairs"
- Her eyes moisten as she listen to the sad story.
- Here we had, not long ago, a very sad funeral in this church.
- What deserves being thoughtful and sad when you are just a child?
- Don't spend too much time alone, or you'll feel sad.
- It made me sad to hear you have to go away.
- I'll be with you when you feel sad anytime.
- I'm sad you're leaving.
Mary dissolved into tears when she heard the sad news.
Shocked by the sad news, she broke out in tears.
It was a sad day for our team when we lost the final.
He almost burst into tears every time he saw a sad film.
She gave me a sad look.
She wept over her sad fate.
The affection between them has worn off, leaving only a sad memory of endless quarrels.
It was a sad state of affairs when children aren't taught to read properly.
Her sad circumstances made me unhappy.
This once beautiful ship is in a sad condition now.
She sighed and looked sad.
John is sad because his dog has died.
She often wears her heart on her sleeve; it's easy to see if she is sad or happy.
When I am sad,I take refuge in remembering happier times.
It was very sad when husbands and wives quarrelled with each other.
The more she thought about it, the sadder she became.
The better the wine, the more sad it is.
We all felt very sad about his misfortune.
He's still very sad about his sister's death.
Although she was cheerful in company, she was often sad in private.
I was sad to hear that you're sick.
It's sad to see Jane moping around the house like this.
We must not be too sad that our much-loved king has been gathered to his fathers.
I'm sad that you're leaving.
The sale of his old house made him sad.
It made me sad when I thought of his death.
- sad to say
Sad to say, she hasn't given us permission to do it. 不幸的是,她没准许我们做这件事。
Sad to say, the weather here has been nothing but rain all week. 不幸的是,这里整个星期都在下雨。
Sad to say, he failed to pass the entrance test. 不幸的是,他没有通过入学考试。
- 不幸的是 unfortunately
- sadder but wiser
从错误和失败中吸取教训 having learned sth important from a disappointing mistake or failure
The divorce left him a sadder but a wiser man. 离婚让他吃一堑,长一智。
The complete failure of his foolish investment in land left him sadder but wiser. 他那愚蠢的地产投资的彻底失败使他吃一堑,长一智。
- 从错误和失败中吸取教训 having learned sth important from a disappointing mistake or failure
- sad circumstance 糟糕的处境
- sad day 悲哀的日子
- sad eyes 愁苦的眼睛
- sad fact 令人遗憾的事实
- sad fate 令人悲伤的命运
- sad memory 痛苦的记忆
- sad news 不幸的消息
- sad smile 悲哀的微笑
- sad state 令人遗憾的情况
- sad story 令人悲伤的故事
Eric is sad because his idol has feet of clay.出自：A. Wilson
A sad autumn day with the leaves nearly all fallen..with no promise of brightness.出自：B. Pym
- sad to say意为“不幸的是”,常放在句首。
- sad的比较级一般用sadder,偶尔也可用more sad,如the more..., the more sad...。
- sad, sorry
这两个词都可表示“难过”。其区别是：sorry表示对悲痛的事感到难过,但不一定表现出来; sad表示对不幸感到难过,往往表现在表情上。例如:I'm sorry to hear you have been ill.听说你病了,我很难过。The children are sad because their dog has died.孩子们因为狗死了感到很难过。
- sad unhappy gloomy blue sorrowful melancholy
误 She felt sadly because she lost her job.
正 She felt sad because she lost her job.
- ☆ 直接源自语古英的sad，意为腻的，心满意足的。
- sadly adv. 悲哀地,忧愁地;令人遗憾地,惋惜地;不幸地
- sad:sad adj. 忧愁的, 悲哀的…