- =seasonal affective disorder 季节性情绪失调
- 悲哀的,忧愁的,难过的 showing or causing sorrow; unhappy
- [A] 糟糕的,不成样子的,不像话的 unsatisfactory or unacceptable
experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness;
"feeling sad because his dog had died"
"Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad"
of things that make you feel sad;
"she doesn't like sad movies"
"it was a very sad story"
"When I am dead, my dearest, / Sing no sad songs for me"
"my finances were in a deplorable state"
"a lamentable decision"
"her clothes were in sad shape"
"a sorry state of affairs"
- Her eyes moisten as she listen to the sad story.
- My heart broke at the sad news.
- Here we had, not long ago, a very sad funeral in this church.
- What deserves being thoughtful and sad when you are just a child?
- Don't spend too much time alone, or you'll feel sad.
- It made me sad to hear you have to go away.
- I'll be with you when you feel sad anytime.
- I'm sad you're leaving.
- Mary dissolved into tears when she heard the sad news.
- Shocked by the sad news, she broke out in tears.
- It was a sad day for our team when we lost the final.
- He almost burst into tears every time he saw a sad film.
- She gave me a sad look.
- She wept over her sad fate.
- The affection between them has worn off, leaving only a sad memory of endless quarrels.
- It was a sad state of affairs when children aren't taught to read properly.
- Her sad circumstances made me unhappy.
- This once beautiful ship is in a sad condition now.
- She sighed and looked sad.
- John is sad because his dog has died.
- She often wears her heart on her sleeve; it's easy to see if she is sad or happy.
- When I am sad,I take refuge in remembering happier times.
- It was very sad when husbands and wives quarrelled with each other.
- The more she thought about it, the sadder she became.
- The better the wine, the more sad it is.
- We all felt very sad about his misfortune.
- He's still very sad about his sister's death.
- Although she was cheerful in company, she was often sad in private.
- I was sad to hear that you're sick.
- It's sad to see Jane moping around the house like this.
- We must not be too sad that our much-loved king has been gathered to his fathers.
- I'm sad that you're leaving.
- The sale of his old house made him sad.
- It made me sad when I thought of his death.
- sad to say
- sadder but wiser
从错误和失败中吸取教训 having learned sth important from a disappointing mistake or failure
- sad circumstance 糟糕的处境
- sad day 悲哀的日子
- sad eyes 愁苦的眼睛
- sad fact 令人遗憾的事实
- sad fate 令人悲伤的命运
- sad memory 痛苦的记忆
- sad news 不幸的消息
- sad smile 悲哀的微笑
- sad state 令人遗憾的情况
- sad story 令人悲伤的故事
Eric is sad because his idol has feet of clay.出自： A. Wilson
A sad autumn day with the leaves nearly all fallen..with no promise of brightness.出自： B. Pym
- sad to say意为“不幸的是”,常放在句首。
- sad的比较级一般用sadder,偶尔也可用more sad,如the more..., the more sad...。
- sad, sorry
- sorry表示对悲痛的事感到难过,但不一定表现出来; sad表示对不幸感到难过,往往表现在表情上。例如:
- I'm sorry to hear you have been ill.听说你病了,我很难过。
- The children are sad because their dog has died.孩子们因为狗死了感到很难过。
误 She felt sadly because she lost her job.
正 She felt sad because she lost her job.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sad，意为腻的，心满意足的。
- sadly adv. 悲哀地,忧愁地;令人遗憾地,惋惜地;不幸地