lower (one's body) as by kneeling;
"Get down on your knees!"
move something or somebody to a lower position;
"take down the vase from the shelf"
alight from (a horse)
pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking;
"Swallow the raw fish--it won't kill you!"
lower someone's spirits; make downhearted;
"These news depressed her"
"The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her"
put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
take the first step or steps in carrying out an action;
"We began working at dawn"
"Who will start?"
"Get working as soon as the sun rises!"
"The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"
"He began early in the day"
"Let's get down to work now"
- The medicine is too bitter to get down.
- Let's strip away the cant and get down to bedrock.
- He got down to his work after the holidays.
- He jotted down a note for her and then left.
- Wash the dry cake down with tea.
- I hate to have to choke down these pills.
- Susan was completely weighed down by the stress of examinations.
- It is likely that she will be crushed down by the bad news.
- I think you will like to get down to work now.
- They set out to drive a well to get well water.
- dance 舞会
- get off 从 ... 下来
- demoralise 使堕落
- dismay 沮丧
- bring down 使倒下
- unhorse 使 ... 摔下马来...
- depress 使沮丧
- set down 记下
- put down 镇压
- get 得到
- commence 开始
- begin 开始
- demoralize 使士气低落
- dispirit 使沮丧
- set about 开始
- light 光
- take down 记下，写下
- dismount 下马
- deject <古>垂头丧气的...
- let down 放下
- start out 开始
- lower 低的
- cast down 扔掉
- swallow 燕子
- set out 规划
- write down 写下
- start 开始