- vt. & vi. 喝(酒),饮 take water, milk, etc.
- vt. 吸收,吸入 take in or absorb
- [C][U]饮料 liquid for drinking
- [C][U]酒 alcoholic liquor
- a single serving of a beverage;
"I asked for a hot drink"
"likes a drink before dinner"
- the act of drinking alcoholic beverages to excess;
"drink was his downfall"
- any liquid suitable for drinking;
"may I take your beverage order?"
- any large deep body of water;
"he jumped into the drink and had to be rescued"
- the act of swallowing;
"one swallow of the liquid was enough"
"he took a drink of his beer and smacked his lips"
- take in liquids;
"The patient must drink several liters each day"
"The children like to drink soda"
- consume alcohol;
"We were up drinking all night"
- propose a toast to;
"Let us toast the birthday girl!"
"Let's drink to the New Year"
- be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to;
"The mother drinks in every word of her son on the stage"
- drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic;
"The husband drinks and beats his wife"
- It is harmful to your health to drink too much.
- Let us drink to the health of our father.
- The deer lowered its head to drink from the pond.
- Cold tea makes an excellent drink in summer.
- The management will provide food and drink.
- My father's health was undermined by drink.
- He has squandered all his savings on drink.
- He will have a drink in the bar after work.
I don't drink and I've never played cards.
I've got orange juice for those who don't drink.
He drinks far too much.
You may drink, but don't let the drink overcome you.
He drank thirstily from a mug.
We saw baby elephants drinking from the stream.
He drinks easy as if you always did.
Don't drink deep!
The wine drinks well.
How does this wine drink?
He has been drinking again.
He is the only person in the room who had been drinking heavily.
We sat drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes and talking.
Would you like to drink tea or coffee?
He drinks half his earnings.
We drank each other's health at the banquet.
The water can be drunk.
The milk was drunk by a little cat.
It is quite plain that the man must be drunk.
He drank the wine dry.
He drank himself drunk.
He drank himself full that night.
He drank himself into debt.
He drank himself out of his job.
I asked him in for a drink.
It's so hot today,I'm dying for a drink.
He looks half frozen; he needs a hot drink.
Over drinks, he speaks longingly of his trip to Latin America.
We've established a rule in this club that everyone buys his own drinks.
The standard drinks of London are lemonade, ginger beer, and ginger ale.
They are only allowed to sell soft drinks at school.
A certain ruler in the Middle Ages was famous for poisoning her guests with chemicals put into their drinks.
Laura took the drink out of the refrigerator and drank it.
Would you come into the bar and have a drink with me?
If I had taken one more drink,I would have passed out.
I offered him a drink but he didn't respond to my offer.
He likes a drink when he returns home from work.
I wasn't allowed to pay for the drinks.
There's no drink in the house.
His wife did not allow him to touch any drink or tobacco.
He committed the crime under the influence of drink.
They ran out of all their money through gambling and drink.
- drink away (v.+adv.)
连续地喝酒 drink continuously drink away
He has been drinking away for hours.他一连喝了几个小时。
饮酒消愁 relieve by taking alcoholic drink drink sth ⇔ away
He tried to drink the memory away.他力图在酒醉中忘却往事。
They were drinking the hours away.他们借酒消磨时光。
Tom drank the whole of his father's fortune away.汤姆因喝酒把其父的财产挥霍一空。
- 连续地喝酒 drink continuously drink away
- drink deep of (v.+prep.)
大量喝下(某种液体) swallow a large quantity of (liquid)
After such a long thirsty journey, the travellers drank deep of the fresh spring. 经过使人口渴的长途旅行后,旅客们痛饮清凉的泉水。
大量吸收(某物) take in a lot of (sth)
Drink deep of the wisdom of experienced people. 要尽力吸收有阅历的人的思想。
- 大量喝下(某种液体) swallow a large quantity of (liquid)
- drink down (v.+adv.)
一饮而尽 drink in one gulp drink sth ⇔ down
He drank the draught down.他一饮而尽。
His mother got him to drink the medicine down.他母亲要他把药一口喝下去。
Drink your medicine down, it's good for you.把药喝光,这对你有好处。
Come on, drink it down!来吧,干杯!
- 一饮而尽 drink in one gulp drink sth ⇔ down
- drink in (v.+adv.)
容易地吸取 absorb readily
These plants just drink the water in. 这些植物很容易吸收水分。
The thirsty crops drank in the welcome rain. 干旱的庄稼渴饮甘雨。
Plants drink in oxygen from the atmosphere. 植物从大气中吸收氧气。
The dry soil drinks the rain in. 干土吸雨水。
如饥似渴地吸收 absorb, receive with rapture
The children just drink in his stories. 孩子们全神贯注地听他讲故事。
The students sat round their teacher, drinking in his words of wisdom. 学生们坐在老师周围,聆听他的教导。
Now the young people drink in knowledge from books. 现在年轻人如饥似渴地从书中吸取知识。
Our ears drank in the music. 我们凝神倾听音乐。
They drank in every word of her lecture. 他们全神贯注地听她讲课。
The boy drinks in every word of the sailor's story of his adventures. 这个男孩全神贯注听着那位水手叙述他冒险故事的每一句话。
饱览,欣赏(风景等) take pleasure in giving one's attention to (sth such as a sight)
We stood on top of the hill, drinking in the beautiful view. 我们站在山顶上,饱览这美丽的风景。
She stood and drank in the panorama. 她站着,对周围景物着了迷。
- 容易地吸取 absorb readily
- drink of (v.+prep.)
喝一些… drink some of sth drink of sth
The young Mongolian girl dropped her bridle and let the horse drink of the running water.年轻的蒙古姑娘放掉缰绳,让马喝些水。
- 喝一些… drink some of sth drink of sth
- drink off (v.+adv.)
一气喝干,喝完 drink up drink sth ⇔ off
Shall we drink it off?我们干杯好吗?
Peter drank off a whole litre of beer all at once.彼德一口气喝了一升啤酒。
- 一气喝干,喝完 drink up drink sth ⇔ off
- drink on (v.+prep.)
喝…而醉 drink too much and make sb lose consciousness be drunk on sth
It is easy to get drunk on brandy.喝白兰地酒容易醉。
- 喝…而醉 drink too much and make sb lose consciousness be drunk on sth
- drink to (v.+prep.)
举杯祝贺 propose a toast drink to sb/sth
Raise your glasses and drink to the bride and bridegroom.请大家举杯为新娘新郎干杯。
Drink to your health.祝你健康,干杯!
Let us drink to the health of the host.让我们举杯祝主人健康。
We drank to his success.我们举杯祝他成功。
I drink to the future; may it bring us all happiness.我祝大家前程似锦,幸福美满。drink sth to sb/sth
They drank success to his experiment.他们举杯祝他试验成功。
They drank a toast to the victory.他们为胜利干杯。
- 举杯祝贺 propose a toast drink to sb/sth
- drink up (v.+adv.)
痛饮,大口地喝 drink in one long swallow drink up
The barman asked the men to drink up.招待员让顾客喝完。
Drink up, then I'll refill your glass.喝光,然后我再给你斟满。drink sth ⇔ up
Children, drink up your milk.孩子们,把牛奶喝净。
Drink your medicine up, it's good for you.把药喝光,这对你有好处。
Not a drop left. Who drank it up?一滴也不剩了,是谁把它喝光的?
This tree drank up more moisture than that one.这棵树吸收的水分比那棵树多。
- 痛饮,大口地喝 drink in one long swallow drink up
- be given to drink
爱喝酒 like drinking
My husband is given to drink. 我丈夫爱喝酒。
- 爱喝酒 like drinking
- be in drink
喝醉 be tipsy
He is a good worker except that he is in drink. 他是个好工人,但喝醉时除外。
It was impossible for him to keep secret when he was in drink. 他只要喝醉了酒就什么秘密都保守不住了。
- 喝醉 be tipsy
- drink in hand
酒杯在手 a drink cup in sb's hand
Drink in hand, he ranted about his adventures in Africa. 他端着酒杯,激动地叙述他在非洲的经历。
- 酒杯在手 a drink cup in sb's hand
- drive to drink
使得某人借酒消愁 make sb so worried, frustrated, etc. that he starts drinking too much alcohol drink sb to drink
Working here is enough to drive anyone to drink.在这里干活足可以逼得人以喝酒解烦。
The continual quarrelling drove her to drink.不断的吵架逼得她成天喝酒。
- 使得某人借酒消愁 make sb so worried, frustrated, etc. that he starts drinking too much alcohol drink sb to drink
- in〔into〕 the drink
在〔掉进〕海〔湖、河〕里 in〔into〕 the river, sea, lake
The spaceship hit in the drink. 宇宙飞船溅落在海上。
I tried to regain my balance but I fell off the jetty and into the drink. 我试图恢复平衡,但我却从栈桥上跌了下来。
- 在〔掉进〕海〔湖、河〕里 in〔into〕 the river, sea, lake
- meat and drink
快乐的源泉,生活的目的 a source of great enjoyment to sb; what sb lives for meat and drink to sb
Scandal and gossip are meat and drink to him.各种丑闻和流言蜚语是他最感兴趣的事。
- 快乐的源泉,生活的目的 a source of great enjoyment to sb; what sb lives for meat and drink to sb
- spike a drink
在(饮料或低度)酒中加酒精〔烈酒〕 add spirits to a weaker drink
They spiked his drink by putting vodka in his beer. 他们在他的啤酒中加伏尔特加酒。
- 在(饮料或低度)酒中加酒精〔烈酒〕 add spirits to a weaker drink
- take to drink
开始酗酒 begin to indulge in excessive drinking
He took to drink shortly after his wife died. 妻子死后不久,他开始酗酒。
The businessman took to drink when his business failed. 当他的生意失败后,这个商人开始酗酒。
The poor wretch took to drink at a very early age. 这个可怜虫很小就开始喝酒上瘾。
- 开始酗酒 begin to indulge in excessive drinking
- the demon drink
喝酒上瘾的人 habitual drinking
James never has any money because of the demon drink. 詹姆斯因为是个喝酒上瘾的人,所以从来没有什么钱。
- 喝酒上瘾的人 habitual drinking
- drink brandy 喝白兰地
- drink coffee 喝咖啡
- drink deep of the Chinese culture 深受中国文化熏陶
- drink deep of life's experience 饱经沧桑
- drink deep of the spring water 畅饮泉水
- drink earnings 把薪金花在酒上
- drink lemonade 喝柠檬汁
- drink milk 喝牛奶
- drink sb's health 举杯祝某人健康
- drink sth iced 喝冰镇饮料
- drink spring 喝泉水
- drink tea 喝茶
- drink the cup dry 饮尽杯中酒
- drink the cup empty 饮尽杯中酒
- drink the cup of joy 尝尽欢乐
- drink whisky 喝威士忌
- drink deep 痛饮
- drink hard 酗酒
- drink bestially 狂饮
- drink convivially 乐天派地饮
- drink copiously 大量地饮
- drink deliberately 谨慎饮酒
- drink excessively 过多地饮酒
- drink freely 开怀畅饮
- drink greedily 贪婪地饮酒
- drink heavily 过多地饮酒
- drink inconsolably 情绪极度沮丧地饮
- drink injudiciously 纵饮
- drink insatiably 酗酒
- drink intemperately 饮酒过度
- drink loyally 忠实地吸收
- drink moderately 适度地饮酒
- drink plentifully 大量地饮酒
- drink ravenously 狂饮
- drink systematically 系统地吸收
- drink thirstily 渴望饮酒
- drink vilely 喝得令人作呕
- drink hours away 将时间在喝酒中浪费
- drink away one's reason 喝酒以致失去理智
- drink down 喝光,(植物)吸收(水分)
- drink in 汲取,陶醉于
- drink in beauty of the scene 欣赏美景
- drink in knowledge 如饥似渴地吸收知识
- drink in moisture from atmosphere 从大气中吸收水分
- drink in one's words 欣赏某人的话
- drink in teacher's explanation 很注意地听老师解释
- drink in the music 倾听音乐
- drink in the news 倾听新闻
- drink in the story 对故事很欣赏
- drink off 喝光,(植物)吸收(水分)
- drink up 喝光,(植物)吸收(水分)
- drink up a glass of wine 把一杯酒一饮而尽
- drink from 用…喝
- drink from a glass 用玻璃杯喝…
- drink like a fish 牛饮
- drink of 喝一口,分享一部分
- drink of the cup 喝一杯
- drink oneself to death 纵饮致死
- drink oneself to〔into〕 illness 喝酒致病
- drink to sb's health 为某人的健康干杯
- drink to sb's success 为某人的成功干杯
- drink to the dregs 喝干
- drink sb under the table 把某人灌得酩酊大醉
- abandon drink 戒酒
- fix a drink 调制一杯饮料
- have a drink 喝一杯
- make a drink 调制一杯饮料
- mix a drink 调制一杯饮料
- nurse a drink 慢饮慢酌
- offer drink 提供饮料
- pour a drink 倒出一杯饮料
- serve drink 供应饮料
- sleep off the drink 用睡觉来解除酒醉
- stand a drink 喝酒
- take a drink 喝一杯
- take to drink 嗜酒
- taste drink 尝酒
- want a drink 要喝水
- acidulous drink 带酸味的饮料
- adulterated drink 掺水的酒
- alcoholic drink 酒精
- appetizing drink 开胃酒
- bottled drink 瓶装的饮料
- cold drink 冷饮
- cool drink 清凉饮料
- delicate drink 美味酒
- delicious drink 美味的饮料
- excellent drink 佳酒
- exhilarating drink 提神的饮料
- effervescent drink 泡沫饮料
- fermented drink 发酵的酒
- frosty drink 冰镇的饮料
- heady drink 易使人陶醉的酒
- hot drink 热饮
- iced drink 冰镇饮料
- innocuous drink 无毒的酒
- limpid drink 清澈的饮料
- long drink 用大杯喝的饮料
- mixed drink 调好的饮料
- national drink 国民(喜欢喝的)饮料
- nice drink 味道甘美的好饮料
- nutritious drink 滋补酒
- popular drink 大众(欢迎的)饮料
- refreshing drink 提神的饮料
- repulsive drink 令人厌恶的酒
- restorative drink 滋补性的酒
- robust drink 浓酒
- seductive drink 诱人的酒
- sleepy drink 催眠的酒
- soft drink 软饮料,不含酒精的饮料
- sparking drink 激发情感的酒
- still drink 没有气泡的饮料
- stimulating drink 刺激性的酒
- strong drink 烈酒
- useful drink 有益的饮料
- weak drink 淡酒
- zestful drink 有风味的酒
- in drink 喝醉
- in the drink 在海〔河,湖〕里
- into the drink 降落在水面上
- be fond of drink 喜欢饮酒
- on the drink 常常喝酒,酗酒
- be given to drink 纵酒
- drive sb to drink 逼得某人借酒消愁
- slave to drink 酒鬼
I was thirstie, and ye gaue me no drinke.出自：Bible (AV): Matthew
The crews had better food and drink than they had ever had before.出自：Ld Macaulay
He drank the water in breathless..gulps.出自：H. Roth
She drank two glasses of gin.出自：B. Pym
- 英语泛指“喝酒”只说drink,不说drink wine; “喝一杯…”一般用have〔take〕 a cup of...,不用drink a cup of...。
- drink接earns, money作宾语时,意为“用光,花光”。
- drink的过去分词有drunk和drunken两种形式,一般来说drunk可以用作表语, drunken只用作定语; 但在当代英语中, drunk也可用作定语。
- drink作“饮料”解时,可指矿泉水、柠檬茶等不含酒精的软饮料(soft drink),也可指啤酒、白酒等含酒精的硬饮料(hard〔strong〕 drink),还可指热茶、咖啡等温度较高的热饮料(hot drink),作此解时是不可数名词; 而作“一杯杯的饮料”解时,是可数名词。
- drink还可作“酒”解,尤指白酒。泛指酒时,是不可数名词; 而指“一杯一杯的酒”或“各种酒”时是可数名词。
- drink, have, take
这三个词的共同意思是“吸”或“饮”。其区别是：1.就宾语来说,这组词都可指喝酒、饮料或水; have还可指吸烟; take还可指吸烟和呼吸新鲜空气。2.就方式来说, take和have可用任何方式; 而drink通常指用嘴直接喝,而不用勺、匙或吸管。3.drink还可引申表示“吸取”知识。
- 下面句子的意思相同,有 to 时较正式。
- Let's drink to his health.
- Let's drink him.
- Let's drink his health.
- drink success to the cause 喝酒预祝事业成功
- drink to the success of the cause 喝酒庆祝事业的成功
- drunk, drunken
drunk和drunken都是drink的过去分词形式。其区别是：1.drunk可以用作表语, drunken只用作定语; 在当代英语中, drunk也可用作定语。2.drunk作定语的意思是“偶尔喝醉的”; 而drunken则指“经常喝醉的”。试比较:
- What shall we do with the drunk sailor?
- The drunken old man retold the tales of his youth.
- 那个醉醺醺的老人又向人们讲起了他 年轻时的故事。
- He is in drink.
- He is on the drink.
误 You should pay attention to your drinking and eating.
正 You should pay attention to your eating and drinking.
析 英语中“饮食”应当说“eat and drink”,而不是“drink and eat”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的dricann；最初源自高地德语的trinkan，意为喝，饮。
- drink:drink n. 饮料, 酒, 酗酒, 一口(或一些)饮料v. 喝, 喝酒, (植物、土壤等的)吸水, 举杯庆贺 英英解释:名词drink:1. a single serving of a bever…