- 幸福的,愉快的 feeling or expressing pleasure, contentment, satisfaction, etc.
- 快乐的 full of joy
- [A]幸运的,运气好的 fortunate; lucky
- 恰当的,巧妙的 (of words, ideas, behaviour, etc.) well suited to the situation; pleasing
- enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure;
"a happy smile"
"spent many happy days on the beach"
"a happy marriage"
- marked by good fortune;
"a felicitous life"
"a happy outcome"
- eagerly disposed to act or to be of service;
"glad to help"
- well expressed and to the point;
"a happy turn of phrase"
"a few well-chosen words"
- I am so happy to hear of your engagement.
- This has been the happiest day of my life.
- I wish you a very happy future.
- They had a very happy marriage.
- He is in the happy position of never having to worry about money.
It was the happiest day in my life.
A happy young couple reminded us of our old happy days.
We had a happy reunion after many years.
The story has a happy ending.
Happy New Year!
Happy birthday to you.
He is in the happy position of never having to worry about money.
I think it is a happy translation.
That was not a very happy remark.
That wasn't a very happy choice of words.
It's by no means easy to make a few happy remarks at a farewell party.
They were very happy ever afterwards.
Follow after truth if you would be happy.
I believe they are quite happy together.
We three could be right happy together.
I could be happy when I had money, but something even happier without.
The children are very happy today.
She is happy about her success.
I'm not very happy about the way this decision was reached.
The parents were happy at the happy marriage of their daughter.
We are happy for them.
He is happy in his home.
She was once happy in a son.
A contented person is happy with what he has.
A lot of people were not happy with the new rule.
I'm happy to see you.
I am happy to work with you.
I was happy to hear that you passed your exam.
No one could be happier to learn of your success than I am.
We'll be happy to help if you need us.
We are only too happy to have you with us.
He is very happy to have got the fat job.
He was happy to see his favourite grandson start a printshop of his own.
I'll be happy to meet him when I am free.
I shall be happy to go if you will accompany me.
He'll be happy to come,I'm sure.
She was happy sitting among her students.
He was happy promoted to the rank of sergeant.
I'm very happy married to you.
We are all happy that you have come.
They are very happy that the proposal was accepted.
I found the teacher very happy.
What she has done today makes me very happy.
- a/the happy medium
中庸之道,折中办法 thing that achieves a satisfactory avoidance of excess; balance between extremes
I like the happy medium of working hard during the week and enjoying myself at weekends. 我喜欢平日努力工作,周末玩个痛快的折中办法。
Teddy is a great believer in finding happy mediums. 特迪是个十足的中庸之道的信仰者。
- 中庸之道,折中办法 thing that achieves a satisfactory avoidance of excess; balance between extremes
- as happy as the day is long〔as a sandboy, as Larry〕
非常高兴 very happy
Give my husband an old motorbike to tinker with and he's as happy as the day is long. 给我丈夫一辆老式摩托车鼓捣,他会很高兴的。
The children were as happy as Larry playing on the beach all day. 孩子们极为快乐地在海滨玩了一整天。
- 非常高兴 very happy
- many happy returns (of the day)
- (用作生日的祝词) used as a greeting to sb on his or her birthday
- happy chance 碰巧
- happy day 幸福的日子
- happy family 幸福的家庭
- happy land 乐土
- happy translation 恰当的翻译
- happy words 措词巧妙
If yee know these things, happy are ye if ye doe them.出自：Bible (AV): John
The happy seat of liberty, plenty, and letters.出自：C. Middleton
A testator in the happy position of having..realty both in Lancashire and in America.出自：Law Times
- happy表示“乐意的”作表语时,其后可接动词不定式、现在分词短语、过去分词短语或that从句表示原因。happy后还常接about, at,in,with等引导的介词短语表示“因…而高兴,对…满意”。
- happy, cheerful, glad, joyful
这组词都有“高兴”的意思。其区别是：1.happy指心情舒畅、事事顺利或对他人表示良好祝愿时的幸福、愉快心情,可指一般的高兴; cheerful指表露出来的欢悦,是乐观天性的自然流露,特别是在令人不快的情况下仍保持欣悦的心情; joyful程度最强,指心情极好或得到了强烈的满足。例如:She felt joyful at the prospect of seeing him at last.她为终将看到他而感到欣喜。He always seems cheerful even in defeat.他总是高高兴兴,即使输了也这样。2.happy和glad都含有“快乐的”的意思, happy常指因某一特定的事或原因而“快乐”,且一般只作表语。3.happy有“幸福”之义,而glad没有此义。例如:
- He is always happy to help others.
- He's very glad about the news.
- He went away happy.
- He went away happily.
误 It is happy for everybody to hear the news.
正 Everybody is happy to hear the news.
析 happy可用于sb is happy to- v 结构,不可用于it is happy for sb to- v 结构。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古英语a的hp，意为幸运的。
- HAPPY:Housing Assistance Payments Program Yearly (housing software company in upstate NY)住房援助计划每年支付住房的软件公司在纽约州纽约市
- HAPPY:Heathcote Alliance for Preserving Prosperity and Youth (Waldorf, Maryland)Heathcote保持繁荣和青年联盟(华德福、马里兰)
- HAPPY:Have A Peak Pleasure Year每年有峰快乐
- happy:In my opion.I think hapiness is in our life near our frieds.It is known to us there are a lot of thi...…