- adv. 现在；立刻
- conj. 既然(与that连用)
- n. 现在；此刻
- adj. 目前的；现存的
- abbr. 全国妇女组织(=National Organization of Women)
- =National Organization for Women 全国妇女组织
- =negotiable order of withdrawal 可转让的提款单
- 现在,目前 at the present
- 立刻,马上 at once
- 现在 the present time
- 说话者用以继续进行叙述、请求、警告等转换语气 used by the speaker, without reference to time, to continue a narrative, request, warning, etc.
the momentary present;
"Now is a good time to do it"
"it worked up to right now"
in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events;
"President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard"
"Washington now decides to cross the Delaware"
"the ship is now listing to port"
in these times;
"it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"
"we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"
"today almost every home has television"
used to preface a command or reproof or request;
"now hear this!"
"now pay attention"
at the present moment;
"goods now on sale"
"the now-aging dictator"
"they are now abroad"
"he is busy at present writing a new novel"
"it could happen any time now"
without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening;
"he answered immediately"
"found an answer straightaway"
"an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"
"Come here now!"
(prefatory or transitional) indicates a change of subject or activity;
"Now the next problem is..."
in the immediate past;
"told me just now"
- It is now possible to put a man on the moon.
- He is writing a letter now.
- Now you see I am telling you the truth.
- You can click here to download the file now.
- Gas is now widely used for cooking and heating.
- The mystery has now come to light.
- The boss is being in royal spirits right now.
- Now he slept quietly with his fathers.
- Now all are participating in this.
- She had now a life filled also with a beneficent activity.
- Now, a living language has been found that can play the same intermediary role more successfully.
- The tools now exist to draw together related material from different domains in a network environment.
- I had a headache this morning, but I'm all right now.
- Where are you living now?
- Now is the best time to play basketball.
- Start writing now.
- You've got to ask him.It's now or never.
- Until now she has never been to see a doctor.
- He ought to be in London by now.
- Now the next thing he did was to light a cigarette.
- Now be quiet for a few moments and listen to this.
- No cheating, now.
- (every) now and again〔then〕
时而,偶尔,有时at irregular intervals; occasionally
- now for sth
用以转折,以提出新任务〔新话题〕used when turning to a fresh task or subject
- now, now
用于表示不赞成〔劝慰〕的话语之前used before expressing disapproval or admonishment
时而…时而…at one time...at another time
- now then
考虑下一步要做的事或要说话时,用来填补暂时的停顿used to fill a pause when one is thinking what to do or say next
- now then 喂喂(留心
- now and then 时而
- just now 刚才
- now and again 时而
- now that 既然
- even now 即使现在
- now account 可转让提款指令帐户...
- here and now 此时此刻
- but now 刚刚
- for now 目前
- every now and then 时而
- Now for it! now or never！
- How now? 这是什么意思?...
- now or never 立刻, 马上行动起来...
- Now what? "出什么问题了?"...
- now 现在
- Ta Ta For Now =TTFN【电脑】在...
- by now 到如今
- until now 迄今
- till now 迄今
I can believe now that you could sell little Harry.出自： H. B. Stowe
Then 'twas the Roman, now 'tis I.出自： A. E. Housman
It is now Thursday.出自： V. Woolf
Some elaborate ritual of which nothing now remains.出自： J. Mitchell
Right now I'm in east Tennessee.出自：High Times
- immediately 立即
- today 今天
- presently 不久
- right away 立刻
- at once 立刻
- at 在
- directly 直接地
- at this time 此时此刻
- here 这里
- contemporary 同时代的
- already 已经
- away 离开
- right 正确的
- once 一次
- nowadays 现今
- straightaway 立刻
- at present 现在
- present 礼物
- here and now 此时此刻
- down 向下
- these days 现在
- at the moment 此时，此刻
- currently 现在
- time 时间
- this 这
- straight off 立即
- instantly 立即地
- like a shot 立即
- forthwith 立刻
- then 那么