- adv. 立即；直接地
- conj. 一 ... (就)
- 立即,马上 without delay; at once
- 直接地,紧接地 with nothing in between; directly
without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening;
"he answered immediately"
"found an answer straightaway"
"an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"
"Come here now!"
near or close by;
"he passed immediately behind her"
bearing an immediate relation;
"this immediately concerns your future"
- He began to look for another position immediately.
- Jason saw me and got off the horse immediately
- All those who are immediately involved will be informed of the decision.
- I came immediately I heard the news.
- Every sum of money received must be booked down immediately.
- You must book every sum of money paid and received immediately.
- When the torpedo struck it, the ship immediately blew up.
- We think it better to begin work immediately.
- Please act out your dreams immediately.
- The government announced its decision to act immediately against the inflation.
- Answering to his name, he stood up immediately.
- If the scheme is approved, work on the project will start immediately.
- The doctor attended her immediately with a brief examination.
- The government authorities immediately flew in doctors and medical supplies in response to an epidemic reported in the area.
- Smith resigned from the club, and Jones immediately followed suit.
- Out of six attempts to eliminate him, three were exposed immediately.
- They escaped out of the burning house immediately.
- As they expected to move out almost immediately, they were camping out together in a small room.
- She helped him to bed and called a doctor immediately.
- The phrase was caught on and immediately became popular.
- When I found my lost car,I immediately communicated with the police.
- He insists upon the teacher's coming back to his school immediately.
- He insisted that we should set off immediately.
- Let me know it immediately by telephone.
- He lay down and slept immediately.
- I'll be ready immediately.
- The plane was immediately overhead.
- They are two immediately contiguous areas.
- They must have contacted him immediately after my meeting with them last Wednesday.
- absorb immediately 立即吸收
- act immediately 立即行动
- adjust immediately 立刻调整
- adopt immediately 立即通过
- affect immediately 立刻影响
- answer immediately 立即回答
- arrange immediately 立即安排
- attend immediately 立即注意
- blow up immediately 立刻炸毁
- book down immediately 立即登记
- burn immediately 立即燃烧
- call immediately 立即叫来
- command immediately 迅速地指挥
- communicate immediately 直接交流
- receive immediately 立即入账
- stand up immediately 马上站起来
- start immediately 立即动工
- stop immediately 立即停止
- work immediately 立即工作
- immediately contiguous 紧密接邻的
- immediately常与above, under, opposite, behind等连用,意为“直接(上方)”。
- immediately, at once, directly, instantly, presently, right away
- 1.at once主要指动作迅速,但中间多有一段距离,且at once比immediately意味更强。例如:
- I'm leaving for Rome at once.我马上去罗马。
- He gave orders for the work to be started at once.他下令立即开始那项工作。
- I came immediately after I'd eaten.吃过饭我立即就来了。
- Please close your books immediately and answer these questions.请立即合上书,回答这些问题。
- I left immediately when the clock struck twelve.钟刚打12点我就离去了。
- 3.right away经常出现在美式英语中。例如:
- I'll do it right away.我立即去办。
- He had written down a list of things to do right away.他已写下须立即做的事情。
- Don't expect them to approve of the design right away.不能期望他们马上批准这项设计。
- The electrician went instantly in answer to the phone call.电工师傅一接到电话马上就去了。
- He was killed instantly in a car accident.在车祸中,他当场死亡。
- Whether he sailed directly across the bay or coasted round it is uncertain.他是径直驶过海湾,还是沿海岸迂回绕过的,现在还无法确知。
- I will do the dishes presently, but I want to finish the story first.我过一会去洗碟子,不过我想得先看完这篇故事。