- 立即,马上 without delay; at once
- 直接地,紧接地 with nothing in between; directly
- without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening;
"he answered immediately"
"found an answer straightaway"
"an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"
"Come here now!"
- near or close by;
"he passed immediately behind her"
- bearing an immediate relation;
"this immediately concerns your future"
- He began to look for another position immediately.
- All those who are immediately involved will be informed of the decision.
- I came immediately I heard the news.
Every sum of money received must be booked down immediately.
You must book every sum of money paid and received immediately.
When the torpedo struck it, the ship immediately blew up.
We think it better to begin work immediately.
Please act out your dreams immediately.
The government announced its decision to act immediately against the inflation.
Answering to his name, he stood up immediately.
If the scheme is approved, work on the project will start immediately.
The doctor attended her immediately with a brief examination.
The government authorities immediately flew in doctors and medical supplies in response to an epidemic reported in the area.
Smith resigned from the club, and Jones immediately followed suit.
Out of six attempts to eliminate him, three were exposed immediately.
They escaped out of the burning house immediately.
As they expected to move out almost immediately, they were camping out together in a small room.
She helped him to bed and called a doctor immediately.
The phrase was caught on and immediately became popular.
When I found my lost car,I immediately communicated with the police.
He insists upon the teacher's coming back to his school immediately.
He insisted that we should set off immediately.
Let me know it immediately by telephone.
He lay down and slept immediately.
I'll be ready immediately.
The plane was immediately overhead.
They are two immediately contiguous areas.
They must have contacted him immediately after my meeting with them last Wednesday.
- absorb immediately 立即吸收
- act immediately 立即行动
- adjust immediately 立刻调整
- adopt immediately 立即通过
- affect immediately 立刻影响
- answer immediately 立即回答
- arrange immediately 立即安排
- attend immediately 立即注意
- blow up immediately 立刻炸毁
- book down immediately 立即登记
- burn immediately 立即燃烧
- call immediately 立即叫来
- command immediately 迅速地指挥
- communicate immediately 直接交流
- receive immediately 立即入账
- stand up immediately 马上站起来
- start immediately 立即动工
- stop immediately 立即停止
- work immediately 立即工作
- immediately contiguous 紧密接邻的
- immediately常与above, under, opposite, behind等连用,意为“直接(上方)”。
- immediately, at once, directly, instantly, presently, right away
这组词(组)的共同意思是“立即”“马上”。其区别在于:1.at once主要指动作迅速,但中间多有一段距离,且at once比immediately意味更强。例如:I'm leaving for Rome at once.我马上去罗马。He gave orders for the work to be started at once.他下令立即开始那项工作。2.immediately侧重指时间“紧接着”。例如:I came immediately after I'd eaten.吃过饭我立即就来了。Please close your books immediately and answer these questions.请立即合上书,回答这些问题。I left immediately when the clock struck twelve.钟刚打12点我就离去了。3.right away经常出现在美式英语中。例如:I'll do it right away.我立即去办。He had written down a list of things to do right away.他已写下须立即做的事情。Don't expect them to approve of the design right away.不能期望他们马上批准这项设计。4.instantly也是指动作迅速,但它更强调的是同时发生,中间有很短的距离或无距离。例如:The electrician went instantly in answer to the phone call.电工师傅一接到电话马上就去了。He was killed instantly in a car accident.在车祸中,他当场死亡。5.directly强调“直接地”,多与“迂回绕过”相对。例如:Whether he sailed directly across the bay or coasted round it is uncertain.他是径直驶过海湾,还是沿海岸迂回绕过的,现在还无法确知。6.presently强调过一会再去做某事。例如:I will do the dishes presently, but I want to finish the story first.我过一会去洗碟子,不过我想得先看完这篇故事。
- immediately instantly presently directly shortly soon at once right away
- at once:at once口语中常用，语气强烈，指时间紧迫，一刻也不能耽误。
- right away:right away主要用于美国英语，语气稍弱于at once，强调动作迅速。
- immediately:immediately adv. 立即, 马上, 直接地…