- 黑暗的,阴暗的 dark or unlighted, especially in a way that is depressing or frightening
- 令人沮丧的,令人失望的 sad and depressed
"the gloomy forest"
"the glooming interior of an old inn"
"`gloomful' is archaic"
filled with melancholy and despondency ;
"gloomy at the thought of what he had to face"
"a gloomy silence"
"took a grim view of the economy"
"the darkening mood"
"lonely and blue in a strange city"
"depressed by the loss of his job"
"a dispirited and resigned expression on her face"
"downcast after his defeat"
"feeling discouraged and downhearted"
"a blue day"
"the dark days of the war"
"a week of rainy depressing weather"
"a disconsolate winter landscape"
"the first dismal dispiriting days of November"
"a dark gloomy day"
"grim rainy weather"
- Being alone in that gloomy house gave me the willies.
- A few faint gleams of sunshine lit up the gloomy afternoon.
- Her smile is a breath of fresh air in this gloomy office.
- There is a gloomy, overcast expression on his face.
- She is always in that gloomy mood.
- Share prices plunged as a result of the gloomy economic forecast.
- The college graduate feels gloomy about his future.
- It was a gloomy winter day.
- The little boy sat in a gloomy corner.
- When I saw their gloomy faces,I knew something was wrong.
- It is so gloomy in the room that you should turn on the light.
- Chances of getting the job were slim, so the young man felt gloomy about the future.
He passed into the bedroom, gloomy behind the drawn curtains.出自： G. Swift