- [C](人、动物的)毛，茸毛，汗毛 a fine threadlike growth from the skin of a person or animal
- [U]头发 a mass of these growths, especially on the head of human beings
- a covering for the body (or parts of it) consisting of a dense growth of threadlike structures (as on the human head); helps to prevent heat loss;
"he combed his hair"
"each hair consists of layers of dead keratinized cells"
- a very small distance or space;
"they escaped by a hair's-breadth"
"they lost the election by a whisker"
- filamentous hairlike growth on a plant;
- any of the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal;
"there is a hair in my soup"
- cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments
- a filamentous projection or process on an organism
- I'll have my hair trimmed tomorrow.
- She wears her hair in a bun.
- She won by a hair.
- We escaped by a hair's breadth.
She is combing her matted hair.
That dress matches her red hair.
She patted her hair to be sure that it was neat.
She put up her hair and suddenly she was precipitated into maturity.
Helen got up her hair before going to the dinner party.
All her hair was burned off in the fire, but the doctors have promised that it will soon grow back.
She asked the barber to crop her hair short.
She caught up her hair into a bun.
The little girl decorated her hair with flowers.
His hair was cropped when he entered the army.
His hair was carefully arranged.
The barber had cut your hair very short.
Girls used to put their hair up on their seventeenth birthdays.
Mary asked me to help her to bind up her long hair.
She kept pushing back wisps of hair that fell over her eyes.
All the girls in that high school were required to wear short hair.
Your face was turned away, but I recognized you by your hair.
How I envy you; I wish I could make my hair curl like that.
There were three white hairs on his coat.
He tore his hair when he saw the wrecked car.
The arrangement suits him to a hair.
The patient's life is hanging by a hair.
He escaped death by a hair's breath.
The bottom of the nest is laid with feathers and hairs.
The hairs on a plant are fine like threads.
The cat has left her loose hairs all over my clothes.
The horse has a good coat of hair.
- get in sb's hair
惹恼某人 annoy sb
I find the children got in my hair during the school holidays. 在学校放假的日子里,我被孩子们折腾得烦恼不堪。
- 惹恼某人 annoy sb
- keep one's hair on
保持镇定 remain calm
You should keep your hair on at that time. 那时你应保持镇定。
- 保持镇定 remain calm
- let one's hair down
(越来越熟悉而)开始坦率地说 become more intimate and begin to speak frankly
Imes, just let your hair down and tell me all about it. 艾姆斯,把全部内容都坦率地说出来吧。
行为无拘无束,尽情享受 behave informally; enjoy oneself freely
Let your hair down and enjoy yourself at the party. 在晚会上别拘束,尽情享受一下。
- (越来越熟悉而)开始坦率地说 become more intimate and begin to speak frankly
- make sb's hair stand on end
使某人害怕 make sb very afraid
I told the boy a story that made his hair stand on end. 我给那个小孩讲了一个使他害怕的故事。
The sight of the dead man made his hair stand on end. 他见到死人吓得毛骨悚然。
- 使某人害怕 make sb very afraid
- split hairs
对某事作过分琐细的分析 get the analysis to sth unimportant
I suppose you're splitting hairs. 我认为你在吹毛求疵,咬文嚼字。
No matter whether it is real gold or false gold, but right here I shall not split that particular hairs. 不管这是真金还是假金,我在这里都不想对那个具体问题多花工夫。
- 对某事作过分琐细的分析 get the analysis to sth unimportant
- turn a hair
面不改色 show no fear
When I told him there were 500 plates to be washed, he didn't turn a hair, but just got on and did them. 我告诉他有500个碟子要洗,他一点也不惊慌,动手便洗了起来。
- 面不改色 show no fear
- arrange one's hair 整理头发
- brush one's hair 梳理头发
- color sb's hair 给某人染发
- comb one's hair 梳头
- cut (off) sb's hair 给某人削发
- do sb's hair 给某人做头发
- do up one's hair (女人)梳理头发,把头发盘起来
- dress one's hair 梳理头发
- fix sb's hair 给某人梳头
- have one's hair cut (让别人)理发
- let one's hair down 使头发下垂散开；不拘礼节,态度随便
- part one's hair 把头发从中间向两边分开
- set hair 做头发
- shave (off) sb's hair 给某人剃头
- tear one's hair out 撕扯自己的头发(以示愤怒、焦急、悲伤等)
- wear one's hair long 留长发
- tease one's hair 把头发反梳使之蓬起
- comb sb's hair for him 申斥某人
- get in sb's hair 惹恼某人
- get out of sb's hair 停止惹恼某人
- keep one's hair on 保持冷静,不发脾气
- make sb's hair stand on end 使某人毛骨悚然
- smooth sb's hair the wrong way 使某人恼怒
- split hairs over sth 对某事作过分琐细的分析,吹毛求疵
- turn a hair 不动声色
- beautiful hair 美丽的头发,秀发
- black hair 黑发
- brown hair 褐色的头发
- dark hair 黑发
- falling hair 披发
- false hair 假发
- flowing hair 平滑的头发
- golden hair 金黄色的头发
- grey hair 灰白头发
- light hair 稀疏的头发
- long hair 长发
- lovely hair 漂亮的头发
- nice hair 漂亮的头发
- red hair 红发
- short hair 短发
- single hair 一根头发
- smooth hair 光滑的头发
- soft hair 柔软的头发
- straight hair 直挺的头发
- thick hair 浓密的头发
- thin hair 稀疏的头发
- white hair 白发
- yellow hair 黄头发
And would not hurt a hair upon his head.出自：J. Wilson
- hair指“(人、动物的)毛，茸毛，汗毛”时是可数名词,可与数词连用表示具体数量(如几根),也可用a few, many, several等修饰表示不定数量。
- hair, fur, skin
这组词的意思并不相同:hair的意思是“头发”或“(动、植物的)毛发”; fur指动物(熊、兔、狐、羊等)的柔毛、软毛,也可指裘毛皮服装或装饰物; skin可指人或动物的皮、皮肤,也可指果实等的外皮、壳。例如:If you put your hair forward, it would suit your face better.如果你把头发往前梳就更适合你的脸型了。She was wearing a silver fox fur across her shoulders.她肩上披了一条银狐皮(围巾)。The poison may be absorbed through the skin.毒物可能通过皮肤被吸入。
误 She is doing her hairs.
正 She is doing her hair.
析 hair 作“满头头发”解时,作单数名词使用; 作“几根毛发”解可用作复数。
误 He is going to have his hair done at the barber's.
正 He is going to have his hair cut at the barber's.
误 She is going to have her hair cut at the barber's.
正 She is going to have her hair done at the barber's.
析 用于男子理发可说have one's hair cut,用于女子理发可说have one's hair done。
- ☆ 直接源自古英h的语ar；最初源自古高地德h的语ar，意为发。
- hair:hair n. 头发, 毛发, 毛状物, 绒毛, 些微习惯用语a hair of the (same) dog (that bit one) 咬人的疯狗身上的毛(英国古时迷信说法, 人被狗咬伤后, 可…