- n. 参考；参照；出处；推荐人；推荐函
- v. 注明出处；附参考资料
- [C][U]提及,涉及 (an example of) mentioning
- [U]参考,查阅 (an example of) looking at sth for information
- [C]引文; 参考书目 a piece of written information about sb's character, ability, etc. especially when they are looking for employment
- [C]证明书; 证明人; 推荐信; 推荐人 a person who provides such information
- [U]关联,关系 relation, correspondence (to)
a remark that calls attention to something or someone;
"she made frequent mention of her promotion"
"there was no mention of it"
"the speaker made several references to his wife"
a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage;
"the student's essay failed to list several important citations"
"the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"
"the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
an indicator that orients you generally;
"it is used as a reference for comparing the heating and the electrical energy involved"
a book to which you can refer for authoritative facts;
"he contributed articles to the basic reference work on that topic"
a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability;
"requests for character references are all too often answered evasively"
the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to;
"the extension of `satellite of Mars' is the set containing only Demos and Phobos"
the act of referring or consulting;
"reference to an encyclopedia produced the answer"
a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to;
"he carried an armful of references back to his desk"
"he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation"
(computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
the relation between a word or phrase and the object or idea it refers to;
"he argued that reference is a consequence of conditioned reflexes"
"he referenced his colleagues' work"
- This book is for reference only.
- This frame of reference will be determined by the limitations on the rational man's knowledge.
- Full reference citations are available on the readings page.
- Can we contact your references?
- He has a good reference from his former employer.
- Paraphrasing is not direct quotation, but you still need to reference it.
- Each chapter is referenced in minute detail.
- Each chapter is referenced, citing literature up to 1999.
- The play is full of references to the political events of those days.
- Avoid any reference to his illness.
- The author does not give references.
- Does he has references from former employers?
- The headmaster supplied him with a reference.
- without reference to
不考虑…,置…于不顾not taking account of sb/sth
- contain〔give, provide〕 a reference 包含〔提及,提供〕参考
- cross reference (同一书或文件中的)相互参照
- have a reference to 和…有关
- make a reference 提及
- constant〔further〕 reference 经常〔进一步〕查阅
- direct〔indirect〕 reference 直接〔间接〕提到
- future reference 将来参考
- good reference 很好的推荐信
- negative〔positive〕 reference 否定〔肯定〕(某人)的证明书
- passing reference 稍稍涉及
- excellent〔satisfactory〕 references 有力〔令人满意〕的证明书
- for reference 作参考
- keep it for reference 备作参考
- in reference to that incident 关于那件事
- a frame of reference 参照标准,准则
- a list of references 参考书目
- load one's pages with references 旁征博引
- without reference to 不管,不论,与…无关
- without reference to age and sex 不论男女老少
The gaoler would do what he'd been paid for without further reference to his employer.出自： L. Garfield
All are admitted, without reference to age or sex.
- 商业复信的开首常用With reference to your letter，应避免在一般通信里出现；
- with reference to比in reference to更常见，都主要用在商业信函和公文里，少用于口语。这里的to是介词，所以With(In) reference to editing a school paper里，用editing不用edit。
- reference, deference, homage, honour
- mention 提到
- citation 引用
- quotation 语录
- allusion 暗指
- suggestion 建议
- testimonial 证明书
- indication 指示
- recommendation 推荐
- good word 好话; 好消息; 佳音...
- orientation 适应
- position 位置
- situation 形势
- location 位置
- locus 场所
- character reference 字符引用
- place 地方
- credit 信用
- illustration 说明
- instance 例子
- relation 关系
- bearing 轴承
- respect 尊敬
- regard 尊敬
- notice 注意
- specification 规格
- relevance 中肯
- concern 关心
- correlation 相互关系
- allegation 断言
- statement 陈述
- assignment 分配
- imputation 归罪
- affirmation 肯定
- evidence 证据
- witness 目击者
- endorsement 支持
- certification 证明
- attribution 【U】归因
- intimation 暗示
- implication 牵连
- blame 责备
- credential 国书
- connection 联系
- connotation 涵义
- dependence 依赖
- indicator 指示器
- direction 方向
- key 键
- thing 东西
- good 好的
- word 单词
- cite 引用
- source 来源
- denotation 指示
- reference point 参照点
- reference work 考证工作
- point of reference 参考点
- extension 延长
- reference book 参考书
- character 个性
- acknowledgment 承认
- consultation 咨询
- address 住址