- [C]钥匙 metal instrument shaped so that it will move the bolt of a lock
- [C]关键,要诀 thing that provides access, control or understanding
- [C]键 any of the set of levers that are pressed by the fingers to operate a typewriter, piano, etc.
- [C](乐曲的)调; 口吻,基调 set of related notes, based on a particular note, and forming the basis of a piece of music; general tone or style of sth
- [C]题解,答案 set of answers to exercise or problems
- [C]图例,略语表 explanation of the symbols used in a coded message or on a map, diagram, etc.
- vt. 用键盘输入 type in (data) using a keyboard
- vt. 调音 tighten or loosen the strings of a musical instrument so that the right notes are produced
- vt. 使某事物与他事物相似〔相适应〕 make sth similar to sth else; make sth suitable for sth else
- metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated
- something crucial for explaining;
"the key to development is economic integration"
- pitch of the voice;
"he spoke in a low key"
- any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music
- a kilogram of a narcotic drug;
"they were carrying two keys of heroin"
- a winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple
- United States lawyer and poet who wrote a poem after witnessing the British attack on Baltimore during the War of 1812; the poem was later set to music and entitled `The Star-Spangled Banner' (1779-1843)
- a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court;
"he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"
"he dominates play in the paint"
- a list of answers to a test;
"some students had stolen the key to the final exam"
- a list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations
- a generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access;
"a safe-deposit box usually requires two keys to open it"
- mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock)
- the central building block at the top of an arch or vault
- a lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed
- serving as an essential component;
"a cardinal rule"
"the central cause of the problem"
"an example that was fundamental to the argument"
"computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure"
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
- provide with a key;
"We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
- vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key;
"His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
- regulate the musical pitch of
- harmonize with or adjust to;
"key one's actions to the voters' prevailing attitude"
- He is striking the key of his typewrite.
- To exit from this page, press the return key.
- The key here is to set up a responsibility system.
- This was the key to success of our initial talks.
- The key to an entertainer's success is personality.
- I have mislaid my key to the door.
- She inserted the key into the lock.
- Do you know the key to the question?
- They zeroed in on the key issues.
- The key factor to success is hard work.
- He is a key witness in this case.
- This is a key feature of our society.
- We must take firm hold the key link of our work.
- She keyed in all the new data.
- I've keyed this sentence (in) three times, and it's still wrong!
- Keeping an extra key in a coat pocket may assist drivers who lock their keys in their cars during a chaotic situation.
- Please key the piano up to concert pitch.
This lock has a special key.
This bunch of keys is yours.
He cried that he had found the key.
I spent ten minutes searching through the drawer for the key, and it was in my bag all the time!
He left his keys in his bed.
I didn't miss the key until I got home and found it wasn't in my bag.
Where is the key to the office?
I lost the key to the door.
Have you got the key to this door?
He used his key to open the door.
Transport has always been the master key of trade.
The key to the whole affair was his jealousy.
Education becomes the key to progress.
Diligence is the key to success.
Diet and exercise are the key to good health.
The key to good health is to eat and sleep regularly.
Gibraltar is the key to the Mediterranean.
Her fingers touched the keys of the typewriter speedily and accurately.
A key is the part of a piano that you touch to make music.
Piano keys are either black or white.
The instruments were tuned to the key of E.
The letter was written in an angry key.
Her speech was all in the same key.
I don't know the key to the puzzle.
He is a key man.
Beijing University is one of the key universities in China.
I have keyed this sentence three times, and it's still wrong!
The company keyed its factories to produce more goods.
The concert was a failure because the instruments were wrongly keyed.
- get〔have〕 the key to the door
到达法定年龄 reach the age of majority
Will you come to my party next Saturday?I'm getting the key to the door. 我就到了法定年龄了,下个星期六,你来参加我的成年人聚会,好吗?
- 到达法定年龄 reach the age of majority
- key to a problem
解决问题的办法 aspect of a problem that, if dealt with, leads to a solution
The country desperately needs more houses, and the key to the problem, as usual, is money. 国家极想建造更多的住房,但通常碰到的问题是钱。
- 解决问题的办法 aspect of a problem that, if dealt with, leads to a solution
- key to (v.+prep.)
使…与…一致〔适合〕 make sth accord with sth key sth to sth
They tried to key the programme to a younger audience.他们努力使这个节目适合比较年轻的观众。用于 be ～ed 结构
The farm was keyed to the needs of the local people.农场按当地人的需要作了调整。
Their new factories are keyed to produce the things that their army needs.他们把新工厂设计成适合军工生产的地方。
- 使…与…一致〔适合〕 make sth accord with sth key sth to sth
- key up (v.+adv.)
升高或调整(乐器的)音调 tighten or loosen the strings of a musical instrument so that the right notes are produced key up
This piano wants keying up.这架钢琴需要调音。key sth up
They keyed a piano up to concert pitch.他们把钢琴的音调升高到音乐会的高音标准。
使某人激动或紧张 make sb excited, nervous or tense key sb ⇔ up
The thought of the coming expedition to Tibet keyed them up to a high pitch of excitement.一想到即将去西藏考察,他们都感到极度兴奋。
The coach keyed up the team for the big game.教练鼓励队员以备大赛。用于 be ～ed 结构
The crowd was keyed up for the football match.群众为这场球赛而欢欣。
I was keyed up about the examination.我因考试而紧张。
The manager warned us not to get too keyed up before the big match.领队告诫我们在大赛之前不要太激动。
- 升高或调整(乐器的)音调 tighten or loosen the strings of a musical instrument so that the right notes are produced key up
- break the key 把钥匙弄断了
- cut a key 配一把钥匙
- fit a key 配一把钥匙
- introduce the key into the lock 把钥匙插入锁内
- keep a key 拿着一把钥匙
- lose a key 丢失一把钥匙
- make a key 做一把钥匙
- pocket a key 把钥匙放进兜里
- put the key in the lock 把钥匙插入锁内
- put the key under the door 闭户而去
- turn the key 转动钥匙
- use the key 用钥匙
- afford the key 提供线索
- discover the key to 发现…的线索
- find a key 找到答案
- have the key 有了办法
- hold the keys of〔to〕 掌握,控制,支配…
- offer the key 提供线索
- pound the keys 弹键
- press a key 按键
- strike a key 按键
- tap the keys 弹键
- play in the key of C 用C调演奏
- dead key 死键
- golden key 金钥匙
- high key 高音调
- low key 低音调
- major key 大调
- master key 万能钥匙
- right key 正确答案
- soft key 软键
- key factor 重要因素
- key figure 关键人物
- key industry 基本工业
- key issue 关键问题
- key man 关键人物
- key position 重要位置
- key post 重要职位
- key role 关键性作用
- key speech 重要发言
- key university 重点大学
- key for the use of teachers 供教师用的题解
- key in the lock 插在锁头里的钥匙
- key of 开…的钥匙
- key of C major C 大调
- key of the door 开门的钥匙
- key of the lock 开锁的钥匙
- key of the position 要害地点
- key of the room 开房间的钥匙
- key to 开…的钥匙
- key to an understanding of the situation 了解形势的线索
- key to good health 健康的诀窍
- key to success 成功的秘诀
- key to the difficulty 解决困难的办法
- key to the door 开门的钥匙
- key to the lock 开锁的钥匙
- key to the room 开房间的钥匙
- key to the secret 秘密的线索
- key to the needs 适合需要
I tried the lock with one of my own keys, and managed to open the trunk.出自：A. S. Neill
She has a key and lets herself in.出自：W. Wharton
A..Mustang with the driver's window open and the key in the ignition.出自：J. Gores
Lean young skyscrapers..key in with Rome's general virtuosity.出自：E. Bowen
- key用作及物动词时,作“用键盘输入”“调整…的音调,定调子”解,后接名词或代词作宾语; 还可作“使与…适应〔适合〕”解,常与介词to连用。可用于被动结构。
- key up可表示“升高或调整(乐器的)音调”,还可表示“使激动,使紧张”“鼓舞”,后面常接介词about,for, to引起的短语作状语。
- key of, key to
key的后置定语可由of引起,也可由to引起,其区别是：1.作“钥匙”解时, of后接“房间,建筑物”等, to后接“门,锁”等2.作“关键”解时, of后接一般事物, to后接“成功”等结果名词3.作“…的键”解时,用of,作“通往…的要冲”“…的答案”解时,用to。总之,含有方向、结果等意味时接to,表示所属时用of。
- KEY:Kokomo Enrichment of YouthKokomo浓缩的青年
- KEY:Kiwanis Educating Youth (Kiwanis youth organization)Kiwanis青年组织(Kiwanis青年)