- n. 信用；荣誉；学分；赞扬；贷款；赊欠；贷方；存款
- (复)credits: 演职员名单.
- v. 归功于；相信；记入贷方
- （复）credits: （电影等的）演职员名单
- [U]赊购; 赊购制度 buying sth and paying for it later; the system of paying in this
- [C][U]存款; 存款数额 deposit; bank saving; sum of money in sb's bank account
- [C]借款; 贷款 sum of money lent by a bank, etc.; loan
- [C]付方,贷方 payment received
- [U]赞扬,荣誉,功劳 praise; approval; recognition
- [U]信任,相信; 信用 belief; trust; trustworthiness
- [U]名声,声誉 prestige; reputation
- [C]学分 entry on a record showing that a student has completed a course
- vt. 相信,认为 believe; consider
"give her recognition for trying"
"he was given credit for his work"
"give her credit for trying"
money available for a client to borrow
an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise;
"she already had several performances to her credit"
arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage;
"the student's essay failed to list several important citations"
"the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"
"the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work;
"the credits were given at the end of the film"
an estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfill their financial commitments
give someone credit for something;
"We credited her for saving our jobs"
ascribe an achievement to;
"She was not properly credited in the program"
accounting: enter as credit;
"We credit your account with $100"
have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
- Credit counseling helped us get out from under.
- Where can I see my credit score?
- They are working hard for the credit of China.
- You must pass the examination to get credit for the course.
- I give them full credit for their work.
- He was given credit for his work.
- He is very awkward about give us further credit.
- No credit is given at this shop.
- Is this item a debit or a credit?
- How much do I have to my credit?
- At the time, we used to credit everything to one person.
- I can credit all that you are telling me .
- I want to credit this to my account.
- The shop gives interest-free credit.
- Our shop only allows people six months credit.
- I have a large credit with the bank.
- My account is in credit.
- They were issuing agricultural credits.
- They established a credit for 10,000 dollars in favour of me.
- The availability of cheap long-term credit would help small business.
- Does this item go among the credits or the debits?
- She was given no credit for her invention.
- His wonderful performance does him credit.
- Cage's painting would do credit to a real artist.
- Haas wanted to bring credit to his family.
- Some of the credit should go to Brooks.
- Her theory is now gaining credit.
- We have full credit in Ade's ability.
- Credit is everything to a trader.
- If you can't ensure prompt delivery, it will affect the credit of your store.
- Its international credit was excellent.
- She has good credit.
- The new film won't add to your credit.
- The book reflected a high credit upon its author's learning.
- His credit went everywhere.
- Mike has earned five credits.
- He hasn't enough credits to get his degree.
- He took the course for three credits.
- Each course you attend gives you a credit.
- I can credit all that you are telling me.
- How could you credit such a fallacy?
- Do you expect me to credit that absurd tale?
- credit to
为…增光的人或事物 sb/sth who or which brings credit to sb/sth
- have credit with sb
得到某人的信任 earn sb's trust
- on credit
赊欠 on tick
- to sb's credit
〈正〉在某人名下,属于某人 sb's name; belonging to sb
- credit for (v.+prep.)
因…而称赞〔看重〕 praise or value (sb) for (sth such as a quality, or doing sth good)
credit sb for sth/v-ing
Even if you don't agree with his opinion, you must credit him for his loyalty.
Whatever the quality of the student's work is, he must be credited for having tried hard.
- credit to (v.+prep.)
认为…有(某种优点、成就等) believe (sth good) to be possessed by (sth/sb)
- credit with (v.+prep.)
相信〔认为〕(某人)有(某种业绩、优点) believe or regard (sb) as (doing or having sth good such as a quality)
credit sb/sth with sth
Since you returned the goods,I'll credit you with the price.
The bank has credited you〔your〕 account with the amount of the cheque.
Please credit my account with 200 dollars.
请把200美元记入我的账户上的贷方。credit sb with sth/v-ing
I credit him with some sense.
Most astronomy texts credit Galileo with discovering sunspots.
He is credited with great achievements in physics.
The relics are credited with miraculous powers.
- allow a credit 答应给贷款
- arrange a credit 办妥贷款
- cancel a credit 取消贷款
- contract credits 缔结贷款合同
- deny sb's credit 拒绝某人赊欠
- extend credit 准予赊欠
- grant a credit 答应给贷款
- obtain a credit 获得贷款
- offer a credit 提供贷款
- refuse a credit 拒绝贷款
- add a credit 增添荣誉
- affect the credit 影响信誉
- award the credit 授予荣誉
- bring credit 增光
- deserve the credit 理应得到荣誉
- diminish credit 降低信用
- do one's credit 成名
- gain credit 取得信任
- get the credit 获得信任
- give credit to 相信,信赖
- have the credit 获得信任
- injure sb's credit 有损某人的信誉
- look for credit 力求出人头地
- lose one's credit 失去信誉
- lower one's credit 降低信誉
- place credit in 对…相信
- put credit in 对…相信
- reflect credit on 使…光荣,为…增光
- take credit for 因…而获得荣誉
- win the credit 获得声誉
- earn credits 挣得学分
- get credits 得到学分
- receive credits 得到学分
- advanced credit 校外学分,免修学分
- bad credit 信誉不好
- collective credit 集体荣誉
- due credit 应有的称赞
- good credit 好信誉
- great credit 盛誉
- lasting credit 永久的光荣
- unlimited credit 无限期信贷
- purchase for credit 赊买
- account in credit 存款户
- a man of credit 有声望的人
- on credit 挂账,赊账
- buy sth on credit 赊购某物
- sell sth on credit 赊账
- enter sth to sb's credit 把…记在某人的账上
- acquit oneself with credit 行为讲信誉
- without credit 不讲信誉
- credit for patient's recovery 病人康复的功劳
- credit for the innovation 革新的荣誉
- credit in history 历史学分
- credit of the store 商店的信誉
- credit to… 的光荣
- credit to class 全班的光荣
- credit to parents 父母的光荣
- credit sb's story 相信某人所说的话
- credit conveniently 自信地认为
- credit formally 形式上认为
- credit fully 充分地相信
- credit ignorantly 无知地认为
- credit morally 诚恳地相信
- credit personally 个人认为
- credit practically 实践性地认为
- credit really 真正相信
- credit unfailingly 不愿相信
- credit unhesitatingly 毫不犹豫地相信
Charges like these may seem to deserve some degree of credit.出自： Gibbon
An absurdity so patent that I could hardly credit it.出自： L. Durrell
I found it impossible to credit that I had much will.出自： C. P. Snow
- credit作“赊购,赊欠”解时,一般只用作不可数名词,常与介词on连用; 作“赞扬,荣誉,功劳”解时,通常也用作不可数名词,与介词to连用表示“给…带来荣誉”,与for连用表示“赞扬”或“受到赞扬”的原因。
- credit是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语。常用于credit sth to sb 或credit sb with sth 结构中。
- ☆ 1520年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的credit；最初源自意大利语的credito，意为相信，信任，借出。
- standing v.