- [C]例子,实例 a single fact, event, etc.; example
- an occurrence of something;
"it was a case of bad judgment"
"another instance occurred yesterday"
"but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
- an item of information that is typical of a class or group;
"this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"
"there is an example on page 10"
- clarify by giving an example of
- This is only one instance out of many.
- Can you quote a recent instance?
- You may get along well with your boss but there will always be that specific instance where you want to say more than you should.
- I won't give in in any instance.
- The proposal was accepted at the instance of the majority.
- The game was exciting, as was instanced by the score.
Can you give an instance of the boy's ability?
There have been several instances of terrorists planting bombs in the city.
- for instance
You cannot rely on her, for instance, she arrived an hour late for an important meeting yesterday. 她这人靠不住,例如昨天一个重要会议,她竟迟到了一个小时。
- 例如,比如for example
- in the first instance
首先,最初as the first act in a set of actions
If you wish to join the club, you should apply to the secretary in the first instance. 如果你希望加入俱乐部,首先应向秘书提出申请。
- 首先,最初as the first act in a set of actions
- as an instance 作为例子
He had asked her, with much instance, to come out and take charge of their friend.出自：H. James
It would be needless to instance in sheep, which frequently flock together.出自：G. White
He speaks several European languages, as instance Spanish.
He speaks several European languages, instance Spanish.
- instance, example
这两个词都有“例子”或“实例”的意思,常可互换使用。例如:He cited examples〔instances〕 in order to prove his statement.他举例证明自己的说法。它们之间的区别是:1.example主要指在同类事物中举出一个具有代表性、典型性的“例子”,有“通例”的意思; instance则常指用一个单独的事实作为“例子”来说明一种广泛的道理或结论。例如:She could quote hundreds of these examples.她可以举出许多这样的例证来。You can't rely on her:for instance, she arrived an hour late for an important meeting yesterday.她这个人靠不住。举例说吧,昨天一个重要会议她就迟到了一个小时。2.example通常多用于教育中,而instance则不一定。
错句：certainly there are many recorded instances of them（cats） making their way home over very long distances.
纠正：certainly there are many recorded instances of their making their way home over very long distances.
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语i的nstance，意为热切，焦急；最初源自古典拉丁语i的nstantia，意为存在。
- instance:主要内容 实例:类实例化以后成为一个对象。 现代含义 这个是什么用法,什么意思?现代用法?…