- [C] 河流的源头,发源地 starting-point of a river
- [C] 来源,出处 place from which sth comes or is obtained
- [C] 原因 a cause
- [C] 提供资料者,资料来源 a person or thing that supplies information
- the place where something begins, where it springs into being;
"the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"
"Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"
"Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"
"communism's Russian root"
- a document (or organization) from which information is obtained;
"the reporter had two sources for the story"
- anything that provides inspiration for later work
- a facility where something is available
- a person who supplies information
- someone who originates or causes or initiates something;
"he was the generator of several complaints"
- (technology) a process by which energy or a substance enters a system;
"a heat source"
"a source of carbon dioxide"
- anything (a person or animal or plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies;
"an infectious agent depends on a reservoir for its survival"
- a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to;
"he carried an armful of references back to his desk"
"he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation"
- get (a product) from another country or business;
"She sourced a supply of carpet"
"They are sourcing from smaller companies"
- specify the origin of;
"The writer carefully sourced her report"
- My wages are the principal source of my income.
- Hard work is the ultimate source of success.
- Where is the source of the Yellow River?
- The library has quantities of reference sources.
- They gathered up from various sources a great amount of firsthand data.
- We source all the meat sold in our stores from British farms.
Where is the source of the Nile?
They are trying to trace the source of the trouble.
This faulty connection is the source of the engine trouble.
I've heard from a reliable source that company is running very badly.
- at source
在源头,在发源地at the point of origin or beginning
Is the water polluted at source? 河水是在源头受到污染的吗?
- 在源头,在发源地at the point of origin or beginning
- rich source of information 丰富的信息来源
- authoritative sources 权威出处
- chief sources 主要收入
- historical sources 史料
- power sources 能源
An expedition searching for the source of the river Niger.出自：Julia Hamilton
Being given permission to cry ad lib had the effect of drying up the source.出自：fig.
- source指河流的“源”，常以复数形式sources出现，如the sources of the Rhine（莱茵河的发源地）；
- source本身指原始资料，不能加original修饰，没有original source的说法；
- source, origin
- ☆ 134年6进入英语，直接源自古法语的sourse，意为开启，源头。
- SOURCE:System of University Reservations and Calendar of Events系统的大学预订及事件的日历
- SOURCE:Students Organized For Using Resources Conscientiously And Efficiently学生如何组织和有效利用资源认真
- SOURCE:Sovereign Omnilord Of Unanimous Regency And Caliber Excaliper主权Omnilord Excaliper口径一致摄政及的
- source:source n. 来源, 水源, 消息来源, 原始资料, 发起者源,源极 英英解释:名词source:1. the place where something begins, where it sp…