- [C][U]方向,趋向,趋势,动向 course taken by a moving person or thing; way that a person or things or another; way in which sb/sth develops
- [C]方面,范围 respect, limits
- [P]指南,指示,说明 information or instructions about what to do, where to go, how to do sth, etc.
- [U]管理,指导 management, supervision, guidance
- [P]姓名和地址 address on a letter, parcel, etc.
- a line leading to a place or point;
"he looked the other direction"
"didn't know the way home"
- the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves;
"he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- a general course along which something has a tendency to develop;
"I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"
"his ideals determined the direction of his career"
"they proposed a new direction for the firm"
- something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
- the act of managing something;
"he was given overall management of the program"
"is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
- a message describing how something is to be done;
"he gave directions faster than she could follow them"
- the act of setting and holding a course;
"a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
- a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something;
"the judge's charge to the jury"
- the concentration of attention or energy on something;
"the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"
"he had no direction in his life"
- Which direction does your room face?
- The investigation was carried out under the direction of a senior police officer.
- Simple directions for assembling the model are printed on the box.
- Your life seems to lack direction.
- The factory is under the direction of the government.
The bullets and cannon-balls were flying in all directions, and presently one of the latter took the wounded man's head off.
That is the present direction of government thinking.
He shows rare ability in this direction.
I am not certain about what to do,I feel need of direction.
She was entrusted with the direction of the project.
He feels the need for firm direction.
Follow the directions that your doctor gives you.
I gave him full directions to enable him to find the house.
The parcel was returned to the deliverer because the directions were incorrect.
- at the direction of
奉某人之命 being order by
The report was prepared at the direction of the president. 该报告是奉总统之命写成的。
- 奉某人之命 being order by
- directions about〔as to〕
关于…的说明 information about
Directions about putting the parts together are printed on the card. 有关装配的说明印在卡片上。
His directions as to how to get to the farm were quite clear. 他把如何走到农场说明的相当清楚。
- 关于…的说明 information about
- directions for
…的说明 information at
Now you must write the directions for each part. 现在你必须写出每一部分的说明。
Simple directions for assembling the model are printed on the box. 盒上印有装配模型的简要说明。
- …的说明 information at
- in (the) direction (of)
朝…方向 to the way of
He drove away in the direction of London. 他开车向伦敦方向驶去。
They drove in the direction of the main street. 他们向主干道路方向行驶。
She turned in the direction of Bond Street. 她向邦德大街方向拐去。
After school the children separated in all directions. 放学后孩子们四散分开。
Please turn the key in a clockwise direction. 请顺时针转动钥匙。
He hurried away in the opposite direction. 他急忙朝相反的方向离去。
The new road has three lanes in each direction. 那条新路每一个方向都有三条行车道。
- 朝…方向 to the way of
- under the direction of
在…的领导之下 under the lead of
The singing group is under the direction of Mr.Duff. 这个歌唱组是由达夫先生领导的。
The school is under the direction of a good teacher. 该校由一名好教师管理。
- 在…的领导之下 under the lead of
- ask for directions 请教,请求指导〔指示〕
- assume direction 负责管理
- disobey sb's directions 不遵从某人的指示〔指教,指挥〕
- follow sb's directions 听从某人的指教〔指示,指挥〕
- follow out sb's directions 遵照嘱咐
- give directions 发出指示
- go in a direction 朝一个方向走
- have a direction 有指示
- keep sb's directions in mind 记住某人的指示〔指导〕
- listen to sb's directions 听取某人的指教〔指导〕
- obey sb's directions 遵从某人的指示〔指挥,指教〕
- point in the direction of 指向…方向
- remember sb's directions 记住某人的指示〔指导〕
- turn in the direction of 转向…方向
- all directions 四面八方,各方面
- brilliant direction 卓越指挥
- clear directions 明确的指示
- competent direction 得力的指导
- each direction 每个方向
- easterly direction 东方,朝东的方向
- elaborate directions 详尽的说明
- every direction 四面八方,各方面
- full directions 详细说明〔指示〕
- general direction 总的趋向〔趋势〕
- good directions 好的指导〔指教〕
- important directions 重要指示〔指导〕
- new direction 新的指示〔倾向〕
- opposite direction 相反的方向,反方向,对面
- personal direction 亲自指导
- right direction 正确的方向
- wrong direction 错误的方向
- according to one's directions 根据某人的指示
- at the direction of 奉…的命令
- in all directions 四面八方
- in every direction 四面八方
- in the direction of 朝…方向
- in the direction of London 朝伦敦的方向
- under direction 在指导下
A soldier fit to stand by Caesar And give direction.出自：Othello,Shakespeare
She felt the need of direction even in small things.出自：George Eliot
The Chiefs of Staff Committee was concerned with the overall direction of war.出自：D. Fraser
- direction表示“方向”,指物体移动的所要确定的方位,引申可表示“趋向”“趋势”“动向”,指事物发展的方向,作此解时,即可作可数名词,也可作不可数名词; 也可引申表示“方面”“范围”,作此解时,是可数名词; direction还可表示“指南”“指示”“说明”,指从某事物中得到某些信息,并指导人如何去做,作此解时,常用作复数形式; 引申还可表示“管理”“领导”“指导”,作此解时,是抽象名词,没有复数形式。
- 当表示“在某方向”“在某方面”时, direction前面用介词in。
误 I'm going to that direction.
正 I'm going in that direction.
析 要表示“朝…方向”时,需用in the direction of,不可说to the direction of。
- direction:direction n. 方向, 指导, 趋势, (常用复数)指示, 用法, 说明(书), 收件人地址习惯用语Full directions inside 内附详细说明书give directions…