- n. 说明；插图；图解；例证
- 插图，图解 ，图案， 图表，图示，插画
- [C]插图,图表,图案 a picture to go with the words of a book, speaker, etc.
- [C]例证,实例 an example
- [U]说明,图解,图示 the act of illustrating
artwork that helps make something clear or attractive
showing by example
an item of information that is typical of a class or group;
"this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"
"there is an example on page 10"
a visual representation (a picture or diagram) that is used make some subject more pleasing or easier to understand
- He used photographs as illustration for his talk.
- The scientist used vivid examples in illustration of his theory.
- This is the common case, and requires no illustration.
- The text is accompanied by illustration.
- Children like books filled with illustrations.
- The illustration shows Mr.John as prince in Hamlet.
- Illustration is often more useful than definition for showing what words mean.
- He just cited a farfetched illustration.
- That's a typical illustration of his meanness.
- These defects can be brought out by the following illustration.
- The colored illustrations in that book are most attractive.
- Illustration of a difficult idea is often effective in lectures.
- Illustration by example is better than explanation in words.
- He used photographs as illustrations for his talk.
- by way of illustration
举例说明 as an example
- book illustration 书籍插图
Such an illustration, such an irradiation,..that by that light..he could have read in the night.出自： Donne
A divine illustration cleared his understanding.出自： E. Vaux
- drawing 图画
- example 例子
- representative 代表
- instance 例子
- diagram 图解
- sketch 速写
- painting 画，油画
- exemplification 范例
- design 设计
- photograph 相片
- photo 照片
- image 印象
- figure 图形
- reference 参考
- graphic 生动的
- exposition 博览会
- visual 视觉的
- visual aid 直观教具
- explication 解说
- plate 碟
- demonstration 示范
- case in point 例证
- pattern 模式
- definition 定义
- model 模范
- specimen 标本
- sample 样品
- cartoon 卡通
- portrait 肖像
- picture 照片