- n. 关系；联系；亲戚；陈述；参考
- [C][U]关系,联系,交往 way in which one person or thing is related to another, similarity, contrast or connection between people, things or events; links or contacts between people, groups, countries, etc.
- [C]亲戚,亲属 person who is related to another, relative
an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
a person related by blood or marriage;
"police are searching for relatives of the deceased"
"he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
an act of narration;
"he was the hero according to his own relation"
"his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
(law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time;
"his attorney argued for the relation back of the amended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
(usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups;
- Relation between the two countries has reached a crisis point.
- We try to maintain good relation with our customer.
- We wish to establish relation with you.
- I don't see any relation between the two problems.
- The relation between unemployment and inflation has also weakened.
- He is a near relation of mine.
- You may invite all your relations to the dinner party.
- A distant relation of hers came to see her yesterday.
- His relation of his adventure fascinated us.
- Her own relation gives us a remarkably objective account of her final attempt.
- Several referenced suggestions in relation to the sustainable development of Chinese professional football were preposed.
- The aim of this paper is to examine the theory to reality in relation to HPH and review the current Healthy Hospital Accreditation policy in Taipei City.
- The report has relation to agriculture.
- What he says bears no relation to what he does.
- There's no relation between the two things.
- The cost of this project bears no relation to the result.
- Race relations are an explosive issue.
- There were some mediate contacts between the two countries before their diplomatic relations were established.
- The two countries have maintained friendly relations for many years.
- Relations are rather strained at present.
- We should correctly handle the relation of the individual to the collective.
- We shall welcome a renewal of our cordial relations.
- I had friendly relations with Professor Wang.
- They have broken off all relations with him.
- He is a distant relation of mine.
- She paid a circular visit among her relation.
- All my near relations live abroad.
- Most of her relations are just plain folk.
- All of his relations were a sort of Royal Family.
- All his poor relations came to spend their holidays at his home.
- I go home every summer to visit my family relations.
- in〔with〕 relation to
与…有关,涉及 concerning sb/sth
- break off relation 中断关系
- build up a relation 建立关系
- cement relation 促进关系,巩固关系
- develop relations 发展关系
- establish relation 建立关系
- further relations 促进关系
- have relation 与…有关系,保持关系
- improve relation 改善关系
- invite relations 邀请亲戚
- keep relations 保持关系
- maintain relation 保持关系
- normalize relation 使关系正常化
- promote relation 促进关系
- strengthen relation 加强关系
- casual relations 随便的关系,偶然的关系,非正式的关系
- close relation 近亲,密切的关系
- commercial relation 商业往来
- cordial relations 亲密的关系
- cultural relations 文化关系
- diplomatic relations 外交关系
- distant relation 远亲
- economic relation 经济关系
- external relations 对外关系
- foreign relation 外交关系
- friendly relations 友好关系
- good relation 好关系
- international relation 国际关系
- intimate relation 亲密关系
- marital relation 婚姻关系
- near relation 近亲
- normal relations 正常关系
- personal relations 个人关系
- public relation 公共关系
- remote relation 远亲
- social relations 社会关系
- troubled relation 紧张的关系
- buying and selling relation 买卖关系
- labor relation 劳工关系
- labour-management relation 劳资关系
- trade relations 贸易关系
She seemed to bear no relation to the gawky..schoolgirl he'd dimly remembered.出自： E. J. Howard
The relation of wealth to social and political well-being.出自： R. Scruton
The most obvious relation which events can enter into is that of one event being later..than another.出自：Mind
- relation也可表示“亲戚,亲属”,如兄弟,表亲,祖父母等,用作可数名词; 还可表示“亲戚关系,亲属关系”,用作不可数名词。
- relation, relative
- He had no relatives in California.他在加利福尼亚没有亲戚。
- She has no relatives in town.她城里没有亲戚。
- These are the gifts to friends and relatives.这些就是送给亲戚和朋友的礼物。
- 2.relation除表达抽象意思外,还表示特别亲密的关系, relative只含有单纯的亲戚意味。试比较：
- He was on intimate relations with her.
- My uncle is my nearest living relative.
误 The relation between these two nations are now much strained.
正 The relations between these two nations are now much strained.