- vt. 提供；表现；使成为；宣布；翻译；回报；给予补偿；【计】渲染
- n. 粉刷；打底；交纳
- vt. 报答; 归还; 给予 give in return of exchange, or as sth due
- vt. 呈递,提供,开出 present; offer; send in an account for payment
- vt. 演出,扮演,演奏 give a performance of
- vt. 翻译 express in another language
- vt. 使; 致使 cause to be in some condition
a substance similar to stucco but exclusively applied to masonry walls
cause to become;
"The shot rendered her immobile"
give something useful or necessary to;
"We provided the room with an electrical heater"
give an interpretation or rendition of;
"The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
give or supply;
"The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"
"This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"
"The estate renders some revenue for the family"
"render a verdict"
"deliver a judgment"
make over as a return;
"They had to render the estate"
to surrender someone or something to another;
"the guard delivered the criminal to the police"
"render up the prisoners"
"render the town to the enemy"
"fork over the money"
show in, or as in, a picture;
"This scene depicts country life"
"the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
coat with plastic or cement;
"render the brick walls in the den"
restate (words) from one language into another language;
"I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S."
"Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"
"She rendered the French poem into English"
"He translates for the U.N."
melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities;
"try the yak butter"
"render fat in a casserole"
- We are going to render them economic assistance.
- The power of the ocean was beautifully rendered in the poem.
- His back injury had rendered him unfit for work.
- The jury has rendered its verdict.
- Rendering poetry into other languages is difficult.
- He is the man who always renders good for evil.
- He had to render an apology for his rudeness.
- Two doctors rendered the help at the accident.
- The jury rendered a verdict of no guilt.
- You will have to render an account of your expenditure.
- The committee rendered an account of all the money spent.
- He renders landscapes with great skill and artistry.
- The amateur player rendered the Merry Women Fighters very well.
- You can render it more freely.
- You have rendered my meaning quite accurately.
- The piano concerto was wonderfully rendered.
- Othello was rendered rather poorly.《
- The sentence cannot be literally rendered.
- We are going to render them economic assistance.
- They rendered us help in time of need.
- Finally they rendered the property to the original owners.
- You have rendered a great service to the country.
- She rendered a valuable service to me.
- He rendered assistance to the sufferers.
- The rain rendered the journey difficult.
- Persecution only rendered them more resolute in their struggle.
- An accident has rendered him helpless.
- The shock of the discovery rendered him speechless.
- Climbing such a steep high mountain rendered many of us giddy.
- render down (v.+adv.)
缩减,概括表达 reduce (sth); express (sth made up of different parts) as sth simple
- render for (v.+prep.)
(用…)补偿… return (sth), as in exchange for (sth else)
render sth for sth
They will render blow for blow.
I wonder whether it is right to render good for evil.
The villagers were expected to render part of their crops for the lord's protection.
- render into (v.+prep.)
(把…)译成… translate (words or writing) into (another language)
render into sth
Poems are as a rule difficult to render into a foreign language.
一般说来,诗是很难译成外语的。render sth into sth
It's very difficult to render this proverb into English.
The translator has done a good job of rendering this difficult poem into his native language.
There are many English idioms that cannot be rendered into other languages.
- render up (v.+adv.)
放弃,交出 give up
render sth ⇔ up
He rendered up his life.
The man was obliged to render up the land he had unlawfully enclosed.
The captain has rendered up his castle.
At last, the citizens were forced to render up their town.
- render help 给予帮助
- render landscapes 描绘风景
- render one's meaning 表达某人的意思
- render sentence 翻译句子
- render word 翻译单词
- render well 演奏得好
- render accurately 准确地表达
- render adequately 贴切地翻译
- render beautifully 演奏得完美
- render literally 直译
- render poorly 演得差
- render back 归还
- render down 熬成油,概括表达
- render up 放弃
Mornings of lessons rendering La Fontaine into English.出自： H. Carpenter
The weather rendered the trip difficult.
The weather rendered the trip to be difficult.
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的rendre，意为回馈，产出；最初源自拉丁语的reddere：re (回） + dere (给），意为给回。
- give 给
- deliver 递送
- submit 使服从
- provide 供给
- decide 决定
- cause 引起
- make 做
- decree 法令
- judge 法官
- do 做
- adjudicate 判决
- declare 宣布（声明）...
- melt down 融掉
- reduce 减少
- depict 描述
- condense 浓缩
- present 礼物
- effect 效应
- concentrate 专心
- allot 分配
- translate 翻译
- boil down 浓缩
- grant 授予
- allow 允许
- afford 花费得起
- portray 描写
- represent 表现
- execute 执行
- repay 偿还
- specify 详细说明
- return 返回
- interpret 口译
- turn in 上缴
- fork up 交出
- yield 生产
- fork over 支付
- generate 产生
- furnish 布置
- picture 照片
- show 证明
- fork out 支付
- hand over 交出
- supply 供应
- try 试验
- have 已经
- get 得到