- [C]片,块,段,件 a single object that is an example of a kind or class, or that forms part of a set
- [C]断片,碎块 a part of anything solid which is separated, broken, or marked off from a larger part of a whole body
- [C]部分,部件 any of many parts made to be fitted together
- vt. 凑合; 凑成 put parts together; make (sth) by joining
- vt. 修补,补缀 mend or repair
- a separate part of a whole;
"an important piece of the evidence"
- an item that is an instance of some type;
"he designed a new piece of equipment"
"she bought a lovely piece of china"
- a portion of a natural object;
"they analyzed the river into three parts"
"he needed a piece of granite"
- a musical work that has been created;
"the composition is written in four movements"
- an instance of some kind;
"it was a nice piece of work"
"he had a bit of good luck"
- an artistic or literary composition;
"he wrote an interesting piece on Iran"
"the children acted out a comic piece to amuse the guests"
- a portable gun;
"he wore his firearm in a shoulder holster"
- a serving that has been cut from a larger portion;
"a piece of pie"
"a slice of bread"
- a distance;
"it is down the road a piece"
- a work of art of some artistic value;
"this store sells only objets d'art"
"it is not known who created this piece"
- a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition;
"he was here for a little while"
"I need to rest for a piece"
"a spell of good weather"
"a patch of bad weather"
- a share of something;
"a slice of the company's revenue"
- game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games;
"he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"
"he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- to join or unite the pieces of;
"patch the skirt"
- create by putting components or members together;
"She pieced a quilt"
"He tacked together some verses"
"They set up a committee"
- join during spinning;
"piece the broken pieces of thread, slivers, and rovings"
- eat intermittently; take small bites of;
"He pieced at the sandwich all morning"
"She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
- repair by adding pieces;
"She pieced the china cup"
- The book is a fine piece of scholarship.
- This is an elegant piece of writing.
- Would you please give me a piece of paper?
- I think I can do with one more piece.
The dog seized the meat and bit a piece off.
Surprisingly, most of the crockery was still in one piece.
Cook the beans with a piece of salt pork.
He held a piece of ice and bit off a little.
He brought out his knife and cut a piece of bread into two.
This piece of material may be cut up to make a pair of trousers.
The hostess dealt out three pieces of ham to each guest.
I dropped the plate and it fell to pieces.
He built those pieces of wood into a box.
Stop chucking pieces of paper about; you make the street look untidy.
The glass broke into pieces.
The ship went to pieces on the rocks.
The poster had been nipped to pieces.
The crew escaped, but the ship was broken into pieces.
The child cut the newspaper into pieces with a pair of scissors.
The little town had been torn to pieces by the enemy's guns.
He dashed the bottle to pieces against the wall.
This jigsaw had 2000 pieces, but some are missing.
This chair comes to pieces.
I'm going to take the engine to pieces to see what's wrong with it.
It just fell to pieces in my hands.
The furniture is delivered in pieces and you have to assemble it yourself.
This is one of Rodin's finest pieces.
This piece should be played very slowly.
Your teacher himself will play the last piano piece.
Did you read her piece in today's paper?
This is a thoughtful piece of research.
He played a piece of French music.
This is a fine piece of sculpture.
This is a highly suggestive and stimulative piece of work.
I have a piece of good news to tell you.
Do you think you can piece this torn curtain?
She likes to piece one cloth to another when she does some sewing.
- all of a piece with
类似,完全相同 all the same as
The new measures are all of a piece with the government's policy. 新措施和政府的政策完全一样。
Her recent indifference to her work is all of a piece with her troubled mental state. 她最近对工作冷淡与她那不安的心境有关。
The government's policy concerning the elderly is all of a piece with their attitude to other minority people. 政府对待老年人的政策与对待其他少数民族的政策相同。
- 类似,完全相同 all the same as
- give a piece of one's mind
责备〔申斥〕某人 tell sb angrily what one thinks of them give sb a piece of one's mind
I'm going to give that little rascal a piece of my mind when I catch him!我抓到那个小坏蛋时,要好好训他一顿。
If she does that again I'll really give her a piece of my mind.如果她再做,我真要痛骂她一顿。
- 责备〔申斥〕某人 tell sb angrily what one thinks of them give sb a piece of one's mind
- go (all) to pieces
(因恐惧悲伤等)垮下来 lose the ability to think or act clearly because of fear, sorrow, etc.
After the car accident, she seemed to go to pieces. 撞车事故后,她好像精神崩溃了。
He went to pieces when they told him the tragic news. 人们告诉他悲惨的消息后,他已六神无主了。
Under the pressure of police questioning she went to pieces and confessed everything. 在警察审问的压力下,她终于垮下来,坦白了一切。
When he heard of his son's death, he went completely to pieces. 他听到儿子的死讯后马上垮了下来。
- (因恐惧悲伤等)垮下来 lose the ability to think or act clearly because of fear, sorrow, etc.
- pick to pieces
严厉批评; 对…吹毛求疵 criticize harshly; find fault pick sb/sth to pieces
They picked the play to pieces.他们把这出戏批评得一无是处。
Instead of just sitting there picking other people to pieces, why don't you get on with your own work?你自己只是坐在那儿对他人吹毛求疵,你为什么不做你自己的事?
- 严厉批评; 对…吹毛求疵 criticize harshly; find fault pick sb/sth to pieces
- pick up the pieces
〈非正〉收拾残局; 重整旗鼓 save sth after failure; do one's best to find or make some result
If you fail now, who will pick up the pieces? 你现在要是失败了,谁来收拾残局?
We must pick up the pieces of our political defeat, and start working towards the next election. 我们在政治上失败后必须重整旗鼓,开始为下次的竞选进行工作。
- 〈非正〉收拾残局; 重整旗鼓 save sth after failure; do one's best to find or make some result
- pull to pieces
- say one's piece
直言不讳,大发牢骚 say what one wants to or has planned to say, especially in a way that is annoying or unwelcome to others
I've said my piece, so I'll be going now. 我要说的都已经说了,所以我现在要走了。
They were all arguing so I just said my piece and left. 他们老是争吵不休,我说完了我想说的就离开了。
I decided to say my piece whether they liked it or not. 不管他们爱不爱听,我还是决定把话说出来。
- 直言不讳,大发牢骚 say what one wants to or has planned to say, especially in a way that is annoying or unwelcome to others
- piece out (v.+adv.)
把…拼合〔凑〕起来 join; add the separate parts of (sth) into a whole piece sth ⇔ out (from sth)
They pieced out a meal from leftovers.他们用剩饭剩菜凑合成一顿饭。
He pieced out a chain of evidence and pointed out the fact.他把一系列的证据连贯起来,然后指出事实。
- 把…拼合〔凑〕起来 join; add the separate parts of (sth) into a whole piece sth ⇔ out (from sth)
- piece together (v.+adv.)
把…拼合〔凑〕起来 join; add the separate parts of (sth) into a whole piece sth ⇔ together
They pieced together the broken vase.他们把打碎的花瓶拼凑起来。
The policeman tried to piece together the facts.警察试图把事实拼凑在一起。
We managed to piece together the truth from several sketchy accounts.我们从几方面粗略的说法中设法弄清了真相。
- 把…拼合〔凑〕起来 join; add the separate parts of (sth) into a whole piece sth ⇔ together
- act piece 演戏
- break into pieces 打成碎片
- break to pieces 打成碎片
- fall to pieces 粉碎,瓦解
- give sb piece of one's mind 责备〔申诉〕某人
- go to pieces 崩溃,垮掉
- pick theory to pieces 把某理论贬得一钱不值
- tear a piece from loaf 从整个面包上撕下一块
- extraordinary piece of good fortune 异乎寻常的好运气
- antique piece 古董
- brilliant piece 杰作
- cumbersome piece 笨重的部件
- dramatic piece 一出戏
- literary piece 文学作品
- ten-cent piece 一角的硬币
- by piece 按件〔个〕计算
- piece by piece 一点一点地
- a piece of advice 一个忠告
- a piece of bread 一块面包
- a piece of cake 一块蛋糕
- a piece of chalk 一支粉笔
- a piece of furniture 一件家具
- a piece of information 一则信息
- a piece of jewellery 一件珠宝
- a piece of luck 一件幸运事
- a piece of luggage 一件行李
- a piece of music 一首乐曲
- a piece of news 一条新闻
- a piece of poetry 一首诗
- a piece of porcelain 一件瓷器
- a piece of sculpture 一件雕刻
- a piece of treachery 一宗背叛事件
- a piece of work 一件工作
- piece completely 完全修补
- piece creatively 创造性地拼凑
- piece delightful 愉快地修补
- piece fondly 盲目地修补
- piece freely 随意地拼凑
- piece immediately 立即修补
- piece incessantly 持续不断地修补
- piece partially 部分修补
- piece passively 消极地修补
- piece probably 适当地修补
- piece quickly 迅速修补
- piece rapidly 迅速修补
- piece recklessly 轻率地修补
- piece shortly 立即修补
- piece slightly 轻微地修补
- piece slowly 慢慢地拼凑
- piece temporarily 暂时修补
- piece utterly 完全修补
- piece wholly 完全修补
- piece on 合上,贴上
- piece out 把…拼合〔凑〕起来
- piece together 把…拼合〔凑〕起来
- piece together a story 拼凑一个故事
- piece up 拼合,修补
- piece one thing to another 把一件东西缝合到另一件上
He slit the paper into about five pieces.出自：G. K. Chesterton
Still wearing dated, conventional two-piece outfits.出自：Daily Telegraph
I will piece her opulant throne with kingdoms.出自：Anthony Cleopatra,Shakespeare
- piece可用于单位词,常用于a piece of短语中,其后只接不可数名词。
- 在a piece of+ n .结构中,如果有形容词主要用来描述、说明piece时,或当该形容词主要表达说话者的感情与评价时,它通常放在piece之前。当形容词用来描述名词的性质、属性时,一般放在名词之前。
- piece, bit
- The glass broke into bits.
- The glass broke into pieces.
- piece, block
这两个词在意思上有所不同:block多指大块的木头或石块等; piece指一般的“片”“块”,最为常用。例如:Please give me a piece of cake.请给我一片面包。
- piece, fragment
这两个名词的共同意思是“块,片”。1.fragment指某种易碎物质的、不分大小、不分形状的“碎片”“碎块”; piece指可大可小的“片”“块”,含意很广。2.fragment可指文艺作品的片断部分,强调的是事物的破碎和不完整性; piece则不可以。
- piece, item
- ［误］ He tore off a small item of paper.
- ［正］ He tore off a small piece of paper.
- a capital piece of land
- a piece of capital land
- a strange piece of news
- a piece of strange news
- bit piece sheet slice fragment scrap
- part piece section division portion fraction fragment segment share
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的piece，意为一部小分。
- fix使 ... 固定
- put together合在一起
- objet d'art小工艺品
- musical composition乐曲
- while当 ... 的时候...
- art object艺术品
- set up建立
- piece:piece n. 块, 件, 片, 篇, 张, 条, 硬币vt. 接合, 修补, 凑合 英英解释:名词piece:1. a separate part of a whole2. an item tha…