- [C]小块,少量 small piece or amount of sth
- [C]比特，位 the smallest unit of information used by a computer
- a small piece or quantity of something;
"a spot of tea"
"a bit of paper"
"a bit of lint"
"I gave him a bit of my mind"
- a small fragment of something broken off from the whole;
"a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- an indefinitely short time;
"wait just a moment"
"in a mo"
"it only takes a minute"
"in just a bit"
- an instance of some kind;
"it was a nice piece of work"
"he had a bit of good luck"
- piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding;
"the horse was not accustomed to a bit"
- a unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit); the amount of information in a system having two equiprobable states;
"there are 8 bits in a byte"
- a small amount of solid food; a mouthful;
"all they had left was a bit of bread"
- a small fragment;
"overheard snatches of their conversation"
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program;
"he did his act three times every evening"
"she had a catchy little routine"
"it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
- the part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers
- the cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press;
"he looked around for the right size bit"
- He only put a bit on his plate to make fashion.
- He assembled the model aircraft bit by bit.
- The horse was champing the bit .
- A power drill will chatter if the bit is loose.
I broke a glass this morning; here are the bits.
The floor is covered in bits of paper.
Two persons told a story together, bits each.
I must go and tidy myself a bit.
She calmed down a bit.
I tried to encourage him a bit.
Shall I lengthen the sleeves of the dress a tiny bit?
He's a bit of a bully.
This rail strike is a bit of a nuisance.
Let's have a bit of music.
I need a bit of cheese.
Our room is a bit of a mess.
We had a bit of a shock.
He knows a bit of French.
There's been a bit of trouble at the office.
Vacation doesn't seem to have done me a bit of good.
The boy took a bit of paper and a few bits of wood and made a fire.
They don't seem to mind a bit.
Ann doesn't care a bit for me.
He has done a bit of good for the club.
I should like you to stay a bit if you have time.
This will only take a bit.
Will you walk a little bit with me?
She will go back to her home for a bit.
I was in India for a bit.
He ate every bit of his dinner.
He gave us a bit of good advice.
The fire gave the room a bit of atmosphere.
I'm a bit tired; I think I'll go home.
“How are you today?” “A bit better, thanks.”
It's a bit overweight.
Could we drive a bit slower?
She couldn't accept the whole drug-culture bit.
They made a supper from the bits.
Bit is the smallest unit of information used by a computer.
- a bit at a time
渐渐地,一步一步地 by degrees
We'll master the language a bit at a time. 我们会一步一步地掌握这门语言。
- 渐渐地,一步一步地 by degrees
- a bit much
不受欢迎,过分,不合理 unwelcome; excessive; unreasonable
The noise from that party is getting a bit much. 从聚会上传来的喧闹声越来越过分了。
It's a bit much ringing me up at three o'clock in the morning. 凌晨3点钟就打电话来,太不像话了。
- 不受欢迎,过分,不合理 unwelcome; excessive; unreasonable
- a bit thick
不公平,不合理 more than one can or wishes to tolerate; not fair or reasonable
It's a bit thick expecting us to work on Sundays. 想让我们在星期日也工作,可真不像话。
- 不公平,不合理 more than one can or wishes to tolerate; not fair or reasonable
- bits and pieces
各种各样的小零碎儿 small objects or items of various kinds
I always have a lot of bits and pieces in my coat pocket. 我的大衣口袋里总是装着零七八碎儿的东西。
Let me get my bits and pieces together. 让我来把我的零碎东西归并一下。
- 各种各样的小零碎儿 small objects or items of various kinds
- bit by bit
一点儿一点儿地,逐渐地 a piece at a time; gradually
He assembled the model aircraft bit by bit. 他一块一块地装配飞机模型。
He saved money bit by bit until he had enough to buy a car. 他一点儿一点儿攒钱直到够买一辆汽车。
They fell back bit by bit until the ground they had gained was lost. 他们一点点地退却,直到把他们占领的土地失去。
We must strive hard to apply what we have studied and carry it out bit by bit. 我们必须努力地应用所学的东西并一点点地贯彻执行。
The patient drank the medicine up bit by bit. 病人一点儿一点儿地把药全喝了下去。
Bit by bit, the group accepted the idea. 渐渐地,大家接受了这个想法。
We eased the lid off bit by bit. 我们慢慢地把盖子旋开了。
- 一点儿一点儿地,逐渐地 a piece at a time; gradually
- champ at the bit
急于开拓,颇不耐烦 be eager to begin; be tired of being held back; want to start
As punishment John was kept after school for two hours.He was champing at the bit to go out. 约翰被罚放学后禁闭两小时,他着急想出去。
- 急于开拓,颇不耐烦 be eager to begin; be tired of being held back; want to start
- do one's bit
做自己分内的事,做有益的贡献 do one's share (of a task); make a useful contribution
I am willing to do my bit. 我愿意尽一份力。
They had done their bit and were now released from service. 他们已经尽了他们的一份力量,现在已不在岗位上了。
In wartime everyone should do his bit, either at the front or at home. 战争期间每一个人都应该尽一份力量,不管是在前线还是在家。
I'm going to do my bit. 我将要尽自己的一份力量。
- 做自己分内的事,做有益的贡献 do one's share (of a task); make a useful contribution
- every bit as
相同,相等,完全一样 just as; equally
Rome is every bit as beautiful as Paris. 罗马和巴黎一样美丽。
He's as clever as she is; every bit as. 他和她一样聪明,完全一样。
I'm every bit as sorry about it as you. 我和你一样遗憾。
His claim is every bit as good as yours. 他的要求和你的一样好。
- 相同,相等,完全一样 just as; equally
- give a bit of one's mind
对某人直率地指出其错误并加以责备 speak plainly, pointing out one's faults and scolding one give sb a bit of one's mind
To be teachers we should give our students a bit of our mind.作为教师应直率地指出学生的错误,并给予批评。
- 对某人直率地指出其错误并加以责备 speak plainly, pointing out one's faults and scolding one give sb a bit of one's mind
- not a bit
一点儿也不 not at all; not in any way
He was not a bit like his father. 他一点儿也不像他的父亲。
It's not a bit of use complaining. 抱怨毫无用处。
You'd think she'd be tired after such a long journey, but not a bit of it! 你以为她在这么长的旅行之后会疲劳,可是她一点儿也不累。
I'm afraid your friend is not a bit of a thief. 你的朋友一点儿也不像贼。
- 一点儿也不 not at all; not in any way
- quite a bit
〈非正〉相当多；不少；不止一点点rather a large amount; rather much; more than a little
Six inches of snow fell today, and quite a bit more is coming tonight. 今天白天降了六英寸雪，今天晚上还要下很多雪。
- 〈非正〉相当多；不少；不止一点点rather a large amount; rather much; more than a little
- take the bit between one's teeth
The way he took the bit between his teeth offended his employer. 他自行其是的办事方式触怒了他的雇主。
His horse took the bit between its teeth and made off through the bush. 他的马不服驾驭,穿过树丛逃跑了。
- 不服控制,不听从指挥 disobedient
- take the bit in one's mouth
执著,一意孤行 have one's own way take control of sth
When Mary wanted something, she was likely to take the bit in her mouth and her parents could do nothing with her. 玛丽想要什么东西时,她便非要得到不可,父母对她毫无办法。
- 执著,一意孤行 have one's own way take control of sth
- to bits
成为碎片 into small pieces
The bridge was blown to bits by the explosion. 大桥被炸成了碎片。
The parchment came to bits in my hands. 羊皮纸在我手中成了碎片。
My nerves have been pulled to bits lately. 最近我的神经都分裂成碎片了。
The enemy trucks were blasted to bits. 敌人的卡车被炸得粉碎。
- 成为碎片 into small pieces
- cut to bit 切碎
- do one's bit 尽自己的本分
- fly to bit 打得粉碎
- get a bit 有点醉
- go to bit 成为碎片
- not care a bit 毫不在乎
- pull to bit 撕成碎片
- tear to bit 撕成碎片
- wait a bit 等一下
- dainty bit 少量的食物
- disquieting bit 令人不安的一点
- fluffy bit 松软如绒毛的一小块
- fragmentary bit 片段的小部分
- impossible bit 不可能的一点
- incredible bit 可疑的一部分
- insignificant bit 无关紧要的部分
- least bit 最低部分
- premature bit 未成熟的一部分
- ready bit 准备好的部分
- tuneless bit 不成调子的一部分
- active video bit 有效图像码
- address bit 地址位
- information bit 信息位
- marker bit 标志位
- mask bit 屏蔽位
- message bit 信息位
- a bit at a time 慢慢地,渐渐地
- a bit of 一点儿,有点儿
- a bit of all right 极为称心如意的人
- a bit of fat 交易中的意外利益
- bits of frozen food 一些冷冻食品
- bits of good advice 一点宝贵意见
- bit of land 一小块儿土地
- bit of luck 一点儿运气
- a bit of jam 意中人
- a bit of muslin 少妇
The fragments, scraps, the bits, and greasy relics Of her o'er-eaten faith.出自：Troilus Cressida,Shakespeare
I can take a bit draw of the pipe.出自：J. Hawthorne
A most noble ruin..full of beautiful and romantic bits.出自：B. Stoker
He's lost every bit of shamesevery bitsif ever he had anyswhich I doubt very much.出自：D. H. Lawrence
By 1900 there were fifty thousand Jews in Palestine and a bit more social life for Jossi.出自：L. Uris
- bit表示“一点”的意思，但是做定语的时候，应该用其短语形式“a bit of”表示“一点儿”；
- a bit，a little和a little bit三者意思相同，解释为“一些（地）”；
not a bit，not a little bit和not a little不全表示相同意思。前两者表示“一点也不”的意思，但not a little却是“很……”的意思。且值得注意的是，前两者中的not与后面的a bit和a little bit可分开，但是not a little不可分开。
He did not feel a bit sorry.
He did not feel a little bit sorry.
He felt a little sorry.
- a bit和a bit of都是名词短语,在句中作程度状语,意思是“有点儿,少许”。a bit可修饰形容词或副词的原级或比较级,还可修饰全句。a bit of则在句中用作定语,修饰不可数名词时意为“一点点”；修饰单数可数名词时意为“有点像”。为了强调,还可以说a little bit, a least bit等。
- not a bit可用作程度副词,表示接近于零程度,以加强否定意义,作“一点也没〔不〕”解,多修饰形容词,也可修饰动词。
- bit, piece
- The glass broke into bits.
- The glass broke into pieces.
误 I'm a bit of tired.I think I'll go home.
正 I'm a bit tired.I think I'll go home.
误 Please give me a bit paper.
正 Please give me a bit of paper.
析 a bit修饰形容词、副词时充当程度副词,其后不可接介词of,但修饰名词时须接of。
误 I'm not a bit hungry.
正 I'm not a little hungry.
析 not a bit的意思是“一点儿没有”,相当于not at all; 而not a little的意思恰恰与其相反,表示“非常”“不可”。
错句：can you give me a bit paper?
纠正：can you give me a bit of paper?
分析：bit是“一点”的意思，但是做定语的时候，应该用其短语形式“a bit of”表示“一点儿”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的tibe，意为一点儿。
- bit:bit n. 小块, 少量, 片刻, 马嚼子, 辅币vt. 上马嚼子, 控制vbl. 咬n. [计]位, 比特习惯用语a bit (of) 有点；稍微The modern opera was a bi…