- [C] (工作)单位 group with a special function within a large or complex organization
- [C] (计量或计数用的)单位 quantity chosen as a standard in terms of which other quantities may be expressed, or for which a stated charge is made
- [C] (课本中的)单元 a part of a complex whole book
- [C] 部件,元件,装置 part with a special function within a large or complex machine
any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange;
"the dollar is the United States unit of currency"
"a unit of wheat is a bushel"
"change per unit volume"
an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole;
"the reduced the number of units and installations"
"the word is a basic linguistic unit"
an organization regarded as part of a larger social group;
"the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"
"after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
a single undivided whole;
"an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else;
"units of nucleic acids"
an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity;
"how big is that part compared to the whole?"
"the team is a unit"
- This textbook has twenty units.
- There's a rumour floating around of a new job in the unit.
- The family is the smallest social unit.
- Cubit is an ancient unit of length.
- What's the unit cost?
- Remove the letter printing unit.
- The IPP, my second example, is a sophisticated turbine that acts as the auxiliary power unit on engine starts.
- The family is the basic unit of society.
- She was discharged from the intensive care unit last week and transferred to a general ward.
- Most of the units were cited according to their merits.
- Then he sent a unit to surround Longli southeast of Guiyang.
- The metre is a unit of length.
- A ton is a unit of weight.
- All the units employ hollow burned-clay blocks as the basic raw material.
- A Reading Practice section is added to each unit in Book Two.
- They are not yet a unit on the question.
- form a unit 组成一个单位
- crack unit 精锐部队
- input unit 输入单元,输入机
- message unit (打电话时使用的)通话单位
- output unit 输出单元,输出机
- plug-in unit 插入式设备
- Visual Display U- 〈英〉图像显示终端
Three tubes count the hundreds, tens and units respectively.出自：Engineering