- n. 被单；纸；(薄)片；一片
- n. [船]帆脚索
- v. 铺盖；使成片
- adj. 片状的
- [C] 被单,褥单,床单 large rectangular piece of cotton, linen, etc., usually used in pairs between which a person sleeps
- [C] 薄板,薄片 broad thin piece of any material
- [C] 纸 piece of paper for writing or printing on, usually in a standard size
- [C] 一团,一片,一层 a moving or powerful wide mass
any broad thin expanse or surface;
"a sheet of ice"
paper used for writing or printing
bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs
(mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape;
"we will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane"
"any line joining two points on a plane lies wholly on that plane"
newspaper with half-size pages
a flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width
(nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
come down as if in sheets;
"The rain was sheeting down during the monsoon"
cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping;
"sheet the body"
- We change the sheet every week.
- The doctor wanted us to use the sheet for a shroud.
- He put a fresh sheet in the typewriter.
- She went as white as a sheet when she heard the news.
- They cut holes on the sheet of metal with a punch press.
- The rain came down in sheets.
- He jammed the tiller, made the sheet fast and reached under the stern for the club.
- Then he found the sheet and the sail filled and he brought the skiff onto her course.
- A plastic sheet was pegged down over the compost heap to hasten decomposition.
- In effecting recharge by flooding, water is spread over the land surface in a thin sheet.
- He didn't like white.So he decided to color the sheet green.
- Fresh sheets were put on the beds.
- The sheets are made in several sizes to fit different sizes of bed.
- Don't sleep between damp sheets.
- Each sheet was covered with small, neat handwriting.
- He spread all the papers out on it and checked sheet after sheet.
- A sheet of frost covered the windshield.
- There is a sheet of stiff cardboard in the drawer.
- He saw a sheet of paper on the bed.
- Write your letter on this sheet of paper.
- Flowering sheets of water lilies stretched across the lake.
- He tacked the sheets of paper on as carefully as possible.
- This type of sheet steel could stand high pressure.
- a clean sheet
清白的历史; 品德良好的人 no faults recorded against one
- as white as a sheet
面色苍白 pale with fear or illness
- between the sheets
睡觉 in bed
- in sheets
尚未装订的; 大片大片地 unbinding; masses of
- sheet anchor
给予长期支持的人〔物〕 sb/sth that provides long-term support
- three sheets to the wind
- air sheet 晾被单
- change the sheet 换床单
- fall in sheets 大雨滂沱
- fold the sheet 折纸
- put a sheet on the bed 在床上铺床单
- take a sheet off a hedge 公然盗窃
- blank sheet 空白纸
- clean sheet 干净的被单
- double sheet 双人被单
- flat sheet 颜色单调的被单
- fresh sheet 干净被单
- king-sized sheet 特大号床单
- queen-sized sheet 大号床单
- single sheet 单人床单
- twin sheet 成对的床单
- balance sheet 资产负债表
- bed sheet 床单
- charge sheet (警察局)对被检控者的起诉书
- cotton sheet 棉被单
- flow sheet 生产流程图
- fly sheet 传单
- iron sheet 铁板
- operation sheet 使用说明书
- pay sheet 工资单
- proof sheet 校样
- work sheet 工作记录单
A thin sheet of ice covered much of the sidewalk.出自： D. Leavitt
The pale moon that now sheeted with its light her whole figure.出自： J. P. Kennedy
Our Land Rover..was sheeted and lashed to the fore-deck.出自： P. Wayre
- a sheet〔sheets〕 of作主语时,谓语动词的数须与of后的名词一致。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sciete，意为衣服，遮盖物。