- <英>=<美>roll 大捆钞票
- vt. 夹住,楔牢 fix tightly as with a wedge; keep in place with a wedge; fix firmly
- vt. & vi. 挤; 夹; 塞 force one's way by pressing through; cram; squeeze
any shape that is triangular in cross section
a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
a diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as the letter c) to indicate pronunciation
a heel that is an extension of the sole of the shoe
(golf) an iron with considerable loft and a broad sole
something solid that is usable as an inclined plane (shaped like a V) that can be pushed between two things to separate them
a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object
put, fix, force, or implant;
"lodge a bullet in the table"
"stick your thumb in the crack"
squeeze like a wedge into a tight space;
"I squeezed myself into the corner"
- Put a wedge under the door so that it will stay open.
- The attackers formed a wedge and plowed through the enemy line.
- He had a banana and a wedge of cheese for lunch.
- Please wedge this cabinet to keep it from tipping.
- Open the door wide and wedge it with a wad of newspaper
- The box won't wedge into such a narrow space.
- She could not wedge another item into the suitcase .
- I was so tightly wedged between two fat women that it was difficult for me to get up and leave the bus.
- Two fat men wedged in a doorway.
- His foot wedged in the narrow crack.
- He wants to wedge the door.
- He wedged the window to prevent it from rattling.
- Wedge the cabinet at the base to keep it from tipping.
- I was tightly wedged between two fat women.
- He wedged the door open.
- The man wedged the window shut.
Assemble the joint, tapping the wedge into position.出自：Traditional Woodworking
The window shook, and Rebecca..wedged it.出自： V. Woolf
The main lights were on,..the exit doors wedged open.出自： D. Highsmith
- jam 果酱
- push 推
- lodge 小屋
- chock 楔子
- squeeze 挤压
- segment 部分
- block 街区
- sliver 裂片
- hunk 大块
- piece 件
- slice 薄片
- hold 拿着
- fix 使 ... 固定
- cram 塞满
- pack 一群
- ram 公羊
- stuff 东西
- embed (使)插入
- heel 脚后跟
- stick 手杖
- hoagie 英雄三明治
- poor boy [美][口](主新奥尔良...
- wedge heel 坡跟鞋
- grinder 磨工
- submarine 潜水艇
- hero 英雄
- submarine sandwich 潜艇形大三明治...
- hoagy 大型三明治
- torpedo 鱼雷
- Cuban sandwich 大号三明治
- deposit 放置
- hacek 变音符号(∨)...
- hero sandwich 好极三明治,巨型三明治...
- force 武力
- bomber 轰炸机
- cuneus 楔片(半翅目的前翅)...
- sub 潜艇
- wedge shape 楔形
- Italian sandwich 花旗三明治