- =Council of Administrations of Special Education 专业教育管理人员委员会
- =Committee on Academic Science and Engineering 理论科学及工程学委员会
- =Council for the Advancement of Secondary Education 中等教育促进委员会
- =Computer Aided Software Engineering【计】电脑辅助软体工程
- [C]事例,实例 instance or example of the occurrence of sth
- [C]实情,情况 actual state of affairs; situation
- [C]病例,病症,患者 instance of a disease or an injury; person suffering from this
- [C]被警方调查的案件,诉讼案 matter that is being officially investigated, especially by the police; question to be decided in a court of law; lawsuit
- [C]容器,包装 any of various types of container or protective covering
- [C]手提箱 suitcase
- an occurrence of something;
"it was a case of bad judgment"
"another instance occurred yesterday"
"but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
- a special set of circumstances;
"in that event, the first possibility is excluded"
"it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled"
- a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy;
"the family brought suit against the landlord"
- the actual state of things;
"that was not the case"
- a portable container for carrying several objects;
"the musicians left their instrument cases backstage"
- a person requiring professional services;
"a typical case was the suburban housewife described by a marriage counselor"
- a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation;
"the subjects for this investigation were selected randomly"
"the cases that we studied were drawn from two different communities"
- a problem requiring investigation;
"Perry Mason solved the case of the missing heir"
- a statement of facts and reasons used to support an argument;
"he stated his case clearly"
- the quantity contained in a case
- nouns or pronouns or adjectives (often marked by inflection) related in some way to other words in a sentence
- a specific state of mind that is temporary;
"a case of the jitters"
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities);
"a real character"
"a strange character"
"a friendly eccentric"
"the capable type"
"a mental case"
- a specific size and style of type within a type family
- an enveloping structure or covering enclosing an animal or plant organ or part
- the housing or outer covering of something;
"the clock has a walnut case"
- the enclosing frame around a door or window opening;
"the casings had rotted away and had to be replaced"
- (printing) the receptacle in which a compositor has his type, which is divided into compartments for the different letters, spaces, or numbers;
"for English, a compositor will ordinarily have two such cases, the upper case containing the capitals and the lower case containing the small letters"
- bed linen consisting of a cover for a pillow;
"the burglar carried his loot in a pillowcase"
- a glass container used to store and display items in a shop or museum or home
- look over, usually with the intention to rob;
"They men cased the housed"
- enclose in, or as if in, a case;
"my feet were encased in mud"
- Talk of wasting money, my buying this car is a case in point.
- In your case, we are prepared to be lenient.
- The case involved charges of police corruption.
- The judge quotes various cases in support of his opinion.
- I think you can win because you have a very strong case.
- We ordered 3 cases of beer for the party.
- The goods have been cased up for transport.
- The thieves cased Wilson's house before the robbery.
- He felt he had the situation cased well enough.
- Case it around before you leave.
Can you cite another case?
It is not an isolated or even a rare case.
The company is losing some of its best people because of the low salaries— the resignation of the sales manager is a case in point.
These tribes are a classic case of people living in harmony with their environment.
His accident is a case of reckless driving.
This is a case of poor judgment.
All cases of bullying will be severely dealt with.
Woolen sweaters can be hand knitted, producing in most cases a finer and less expensive garment.
That is often the case with the past and present.
As the case stands, there should be no more changes.
The rules cover all cases.
The new materials, in many cases, surpass traditional materials.
In such case, it doesn't turn bad.
Yours is a special case.
If that is the case, then you'll have to confess that you are wrong.
If that's the case, you'll have to work harder.
I cannot make an exception in your case.
Both children were criticized; in the first case for incompetence, in the second case for sheer laziness.
That's always the case with us.
That's often the case with him.
William's successful treatment of many cases gradually won over the peasants.
They discussed her case fully.
A case of measles kept him in bed.
They'll operate on the more serious cases right away.
He will take over the pneumonia case.
The physicians abandoned the case.
She is clearly a case for treatment.
The detective broke the case.
Is there evidence to support his case?
Such cases are seldom brought before court.
The police have a clear case against the prisoner.
That's the way it seemed until a recent case came up in court.
The case will go to trial.
The defense lawyer rested his case.
They settled the case out of court.
The lawyer argued the case skillfully.
The judge decided the case.
This is our case for nuclear disarmament.
Case is an important part of the grammar of many languages.
“Mine” is the possessive case of “I”.Mine
She bought a nice jewel case yesterday.
The sword was mounted in a mahogany case.
They were busy packing a case with books.
The waiter will carry your cases up to your room.
Could you carry my case for me?
I bought several cases of wine.
Put the knife back in its case.
You shouldn't annoy him. He is a real hard case.
You're really a case.
This family is a hardship case.
- fight the case out
把官司打到底,把问题搞得水落石出 go on a case and make it clear
Come what may,I'm going to fight the case out. 不管怎样,我要把问题搞得水落石出。
We will fight the case out. 我们要把官司打到底。
- 把官司打到底,把问题搞得水落石出 go on a case and make it clear
- get down to cases
开始谈到要点 begin to talk about sth important
Let's get down to cases. 咱们谈实质问题吧。
The men talked about little things and then got down to cases. 那些人先谈了些琐碎小事,然后开始谈论重要的事情。
- 开始谈到要点 begin to talk about sth important
- in any case
无论如何,不管怎样 whatever happens or may have happened
In any case, you should prepare for the worst. 无论如何,你要做好最坏的准备。
In any case, finish this work today. 无论如何,今天要把这项工作完成。
In any case, the future of the world is bright. 总之,世界的前途是光明的。
还有 have the other
I'm afraid I'm just too busy to come and see you this Friday. In any case, my wife is borrowing the car that day. 我想,这个星期五我太忙了,不能来看你,而且那天我妻子还要借车。
- 无论如何,不管怎样 whatever happens or may have happened
- in case
假使 if sth happens
What would you do in case fire broke out at home? 如果家中失火你怎么办?
In case he arrives before I get back, please ask him to wait. 如果我回来之前他来到,请让他等我一下。
In case you cannot finish the task in time, be sure to let me know. 假如你不能按时完成任务,请务必告诉我一声。
免得,以防 because of the possibility of sth happening
Be quiet in case you wake the baby. 轻点儿,别弄醒婴儿。
It may rain; you'd better take an umbrella in case. 可能要下雨,你最好带把伞以防万一。
The dog was chained, but I carried a stick in case. 狗是用链条拴住的,但我带着一根拐杖以防万一。
Linda copied down Eddie's name and address. Just in case. 琳达抄下埃迪的姓名和地址,以备万一。
I'll cook plenty of potatoes just in case. 我打算多煮些马铃薯,以防万一。
Take an umbrella with you just in case. 带把伞去,以防万一下雨。
Wait outside in case you can be useful. 在外面等着,也许你可以帮点忙。
Take your skates in case you decide to go skating. 把冰鞋带去,说不定你们要滑冰呢。
- 假使 if sth happens
- in case of
万一,如果 if sth happens
In case of fire, ring the alarm bell. 如遇火灾,即按警铃。
防备 because of the possibility of sth happening
The wall was built along the river in case of floods. 沿河筑了防护墙以防洪水。
Take a spare tyre along in case of need. 带只备用轮胎去,以备不时之需。
- 万一,如果 if sth happens
- in no case
无论如何不 in no circumstances
In no case must force be resorted to. 决不准许诉诸武力。
Anybody should in no case be allowed to stay here. 决不许任何人在这里停留。
The conference agenda can in no case be confined to examining the question of energy resources. 会议议程决不能只限于审查能源问题。
- 无论如何不 in no circumstances
- in the case of
至于…,就…来说 about sth
We can't make an exception in the case of Mary. 我们不能将玛丽的情况视为例外。
Climate is especially important in the case of articles that are readily affected by moisture. 对于容易受潮的物品来说,气候因素特别重要。
In the case of a highly intelligent animal like the seal, elementary training is easy. 就海豹之类高度灵敏的动物而言,进行初级训练是不困难的。
In the case of a physical change no new substance is formed. 就物理变化来说,不会产生新的物质。
- 至于…,就…来说 about sth
- in this case
既然这样 if this happens or has happened; if this is the state of affairs
They may not offer me much money. In this case I won't take the job. 他们给我的工资可能不会多,要是这样的话,我就不接受这份工作。
In this case, no action is necessary. 既然如此,就没有必要采取行动。
You have finished, haven't you?In this case, you may go. 你已经完工了是不是?既然如此,你可以走了。
Probably each pill only contains the equivalent to half an ounce of liver. In this case you could take six. 每粒药丸的重量仅相当于半盎司鲜肝,这样你可以服6粒。
- 既然这样 if this happens or has happened; if this is the state of affairs
- make a case for
坚持下去 hold on sth
I'll make a strong case for your complaint. 我坚持要过问你提出的控告。
They wouldn't make a case for our policy as opposed to theirs. 他们不会为了维护我们的政策而去反对他们自己的政策。
- 坚持下去 hold on sth
- make out a case
证明…有理由,提出对某事有利的证据 give arguments in favour of sth
An advocate for John could make out a case for him on this score also. 约翰的一位律师在这方面也能提出有利于他的理由。
She made out a good case for lowering our prices. 她摆出了充分的理由,说明我们必须降低价格。
The report makes out a strong case for increased spending on hospitals. 这份报告提出了对增加医疗开支的有力论据。
- 证明…有理由,提出对某事有利的证据 give arguments in favour of sth
- on a case
在处理案件 dealing with a case
I cannot,I'm on a case. 我不行,我有案子在手。
- 在处理案件 dealing with a case
- such being the case
事实既然如此 if this has happened
Such being the case, there is no doubt that he will be removed from office. 照此看来,他要免职是毫无疑问的了。
Such being the case, you cannot go away. 既然情况如此,你不能离开。
Such being the case,Jane should have been happy. Why was she miserable? 既然如此,简就应该高兴才是,她为什么还感到苦恼呢?
- 事实既然如此 if this has happened
- appeal a case 上诉
- argue one's case 为自己的意见辩解
- bring a case 控告
- detective case 提起诉讼
- diagnose a case 诊断病情
- discuss a case 讨论一个病情
- dismiss a case 撤销案件
- drop a case 撤回诉讼
- gain a case 胜诉
- give a case 举个例子
- hear a case 听审
- illustrate a case 说明一个情况
- isolate the case 隔离病人
- lose a case 败诉
- make out one's case 证明自己有理由
- pack a case 装箱子
- present a case 起诉
- rest one's case 自动停止向法院对案件提出证据
- state one's case 说明自己的情况和理由
- work on the case 调查案件
- attested case 已证实的例子
- exceptional case 特殊情况
- individual case 特别情况
- analogous case 类似的例子
- disputed case 有争议的问题
- every case 各种情况
- in most cases 大多数情况
- parallel case 类似情况
- recent case 最近情况
- similar case 相似的情况
- specific case 特定情况
- typical case 典型情况
- worst case 最坏情况
- acute case 急性病
- chronic case 慢性病
- contagious case 传染病
- hard case 无药可救的人
- hopeless case 绝症
- incurable case 不治之症
- light case 轻病员
- mental case 精神病患者
- urgent case 急症病例
- walking case 能自己步行就诊的病人
- borderline case 难以确定的情况
- display case 陈列柜
- emergency case 急症病例
- glass case 玻璃盒
- jewel case 珠宝盒
- pillow case 枕头套
- stretcher case 必须用担架抬的重病病人
- typewriter case 打字机盒
- vanity case 化妆盒
- watch case 表壳
By caase of fortune.出自：Caxton
I you recount a ruefull cace.出自：Spenser
They seem'd almost, with staring on one another, to tear the cases of their eyes.出自：Winter's Tale,Shakespeare
Cloth cases..for binding the volume will be issued with the December number.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
They case their limbs in brass; to arms they run.出自：Pope
Bones of seals, walrus, and whalessall now cased in ice.出自：E. K. Kane
A brick wall..cased with stone.出自：J. Gwilt
in case of指“假如……发生，以防……”。
Take an umbrella with you in case of rain.
in the case of指“关于……”，偶尔与in case of同义。
In the case of his father, we must make an exception.
in the case of，in ...case和in many cases等表达方式都要避免使用过多，有时还可省略。
In the case of Russian grammar, it has six cases.
可以直接说Russian grammar has six cases，省略in the case of。
In case he comes, let me know.
You had better be ready in case they arrive before you expect them.
They may not arrive before you expect them, but you had better be ready in case.
- in case引导从句一般情况下用直接陈述式,但在书面语中则多用虚拟式。例如:The meeting will be put off in case it (should) rain.若遇下雨,会议延期举行。(should在这里含有不一定会下雨的意思)。另外，in case后面接的that从句中可以用一般现在时表示将来。例如:Take warm clothes in case the weather is cold.穿上暖和的衣服,以防天冷。有时从句中可用should〔might〕表示“推定”。例如：Here's a stick in case you should need it.给你根木棍,也许你用得着它。
- in case, if
- I am taking an umbrella in case it rains later on.
- I'll take an umbrella if it rains later on.
- case, invalid, patient
这组词的共同意思是“病人”。其区别在于：1.patient的含义是“病人”,跟医生相对而言,可指医生受理的各种病人,包括正在接受或已接受治疗的、住院的或去医院就诊的以及不去医院但接受治疗的所有病员。2.case在作“患病的人”解时含义是“病例”。例如:Worst cases are sent to hospital.病情最坏的人被送到医院。3.invalid主要指因伤病而身体虚弱的人。例如:At that time, life for families with invalids was even harder.那个时候,家中有病人的生活更苦。
- case, box, casket, chest
这组词都有“箱子”“盒子”的意思。其区别在于:1.box泛指各种箱子、盒子、匣子,其体积不分大小,形状为方形。2.case不分形状大小,其用途较广,有时也可指套子、罩子、壳、鞘等。例如:He put the knife back in its case.他把小刀放回刀鞘中去。3.chest指箱子,还可以指柜子、橱子、五斗橱等,较大,常用来放置贵重物品或作运输包装用。例如:Mother put the shirts in my clothes chest.母亲把那几件衬衫放进我的衣柜里。4.casket体积较小,也用来装贵重物品。例如:
- jewel casket 珠宝箱
- letter casket 信件收藏盒
误 Most of my friends lost their jobs, but I was lucky in this case.
正 Most of my friends lost their jobs, but I was lucky in this respect.
析 in this case的意思是“既然这样”,而不是“在这方面”。
误 In case of the time for departure, you can decide on it yourself.
正 In the case of the time for departure, you can decide on it yourself.
误 In the case of fire, break the glass to remove the extinguisher.
正 In case of fire, break the glass to remove the extinguisher.
析 in case of与in the case of的意思完全不同:in case of的意思是“万一”,而in the case of则是“就…来说,至于…”的意思。
错句：in case of physicial change, no new substance is formed.
纠正：in the case of physicial change, no new substance is formed.
分析：in case of“以防……”，而in the case of指“至于”。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古法语的cas，意为事件，争吵；最初源自拉丁语的casus，意为机会，场合。
- CASE:Computer-Aided Software Engineering计算机辅助软件工程
- CASE:Chenega Advanced Solutions & Engineering, LLCChenega领先的解决方案及工程有限公司
- CASE:Computer Aided Systems Evaluation计算机辅助系统评价
- case:概述 CASE这个老牌口袋折刀，制刀历史可以追溯到120年以前，自从THERESA CASE与JOHN BROWN FRANCIS CHAMPLIN（JBF CHAMPLIN & SON公司…