- n. 缺口；碎屑；油炸土豆条；薄片；筹码；芯片；（足球）高球；（高尔夫球）近穴球
- v. 形成（缺口）；切下；凿下；凑份子；打高球；近穴击球；将（土豆等）切条
- 炸薯条 ，炸洋芋片
- 碎裂，破裂， 使裂为碎片
- [C]碎片 a small piece broken off sth
- [C]缺口 a mark left when a small piece is broken off or knocked out of an object
- [P]炸马铃薯条 a long thin piece of potato cooked in deep fat
- [C]晶片 a very small piece of silicon containing a set of electronic parts and their machines
- vt. & vi. (使)切成碎片; 容易破损 (cause to) lose a small piece from the surface or edge, e.g. by breaking or dropping
a small fragment of something broken off from the whole;
"a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
a triangular wooden float attached to the end of a log line
a piece of dried bovine dung
a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
a small disk-shaped counter used to represent money when gambling
electronic equipment consisting of a small crystal of a silicon semiconductor fabricated to carry out a number of electronic functions in an integrated circuit
(golf) a low running approach shot
the act of chipping something
break off (a piece from a whole);
"Her tooth chipped"
cut a nick into
play a chip shot
form by chipping;
"They chipped their names in the stone"
break a small piece off from;
"chip the glass"
"chip a tooth"
- It was difficult finding two cups without some kind of chip on them.
- A small chip of ice flew into the air.
- She had a hamburger and a portion of chip.
- I've got chocolate chip for you.
- The release of prisoners was used as a bargaining chip.
- The entire content of a book will be located on a single silicon chip.
- She left herself with a short chip to the green.
- Be careful with these plates they chip very easily.
- It is necessary to chip off the bark of the tree.
- Chip away the damaged area.
- Would you care to chip in towards a gift for our teacher?
- If everyone chips in we'll be able to buy her a really nice leaving present.
- When you sharpen a pencil, you make chips.
- There's a chip in this cup.
- Potato chips are served for the children.
- Circuit chips are widely used in the television, computer, etc.
- This china chips easily.
- Someone's chipped my best glass.
- I'm afraid I've chipped a piece out of this saucer.
- chip away (v.+adv.)
凿〔敲〕下碎片 break small pieces off sth
chip sth ⇔ away
I chip away the damaged brick and replaced it with a new one.
He was chipping away at the rock with a hammer.
- chip in (v.+adv.)
共同出钱,捐助,凑钱 add one's share of money
- little chip 星星之火
- brother chip 同业者,同行
- chip in〔on〕 在…上的缺口
Dick..chips ice from the lock-gates with fingers that do not seem to feel the cold.出自： G. Swift