- v. 拾；捡；挑选；采摘；找茬；偶然学到
- n. 拾；捡；选择；采摘；精华
- n. 鹤嘴锄；镐；琴拨
- 十字镐，鹤嘴锄，铁镐 ，铁撬 ，用于挖掘的尖状物
- (琴弦的)拨子， 琴拨，拨指
- vt. & vi. 挑选,选择 choose or select
- vt. & vi. 采,摘 take up, remove, pull away , with the fingers
- vt. & vi. 啄,叼,啃 take up or remove sth separately or bit by bit using the fingers, a beak, a pointed instrument, etc.
- vt. 挖,剔 remove unwanted pieces from, especially with a finger or a pointed instrument
- [S]挑选,选择 right of selecting; choice
- [S]最佳选择,精华 the best of sth
- [C]镐,锄 heavy tool with an iron head having two pointed ends, used for breading up hard surfaces; small sharp-pointed instrument
the person or thing chosen or selected;
"he was my pick for mayor"
the quantity of a crop that is harvested;
"he sent the first picking of berries to the market"
"it was the biggest peach pick in years"
the best people or things in a group;
"the cream of England's young men were killed in the Great War"
the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving
a small thin device (of metal or plastic or ivory) used to pluck a stringed instrument
a thin sharp implement used for removing unwanted material;
"he used a pick to clean the dirt out of the cracks"
a heavy iron tool with a wooden handle and a curved head that is pointed on both ends;
"they used picks and sledges to break the rocks"
a basketball maneuver; obstructing an opponent with one's body;
"he was called for setting an illegal pick"
the act of choosing or selecting;
"your choice of colors was unfortunate"
"you can take your pick"
select carefully from a group;
"She finally picked her successor"
"He picked his way carefully"
look for and gather;
harass with constant criticism;
"Don't always pick on your little brother"
"pick a fight or a quarrel"
remove in small bits;
"pick meat from a bone"
remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits;
"Clean the turkey"
pilfer or rob;
pay for something;
"pick up the tab"
"pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"
"foot the bill"
pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion;
"he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example;
"Pick open the ice"
hit lightly with a picking motion
eat intermittently; take small bites of;
"He pieced at the sandwich all morning"
"She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
- That sentimental girl likes to pick up the fallen petals on the ground in autumn.
- He picked the watch up from the carpet.
- We had to find a flat in a hurry--there was no time to pick and choose.
- You should not pick any of the flowers in the park.
- He seemed determined to pick a quarrel with us.
- He picked up French while he was staying in Paris.
- He bent to the ground to pick up the pen.
- Please pick up dog feces from camps and trails.
- His pick of the wallet on his way home had caused him great trouble.
- Here are ten books in English, take your pick.
- The pick of apples is put off due to the bad weather.
- The pick of this poem lies in the last sentence.
- He breaks up strong ground with a pick.
- I don't want us all to run at the nearest politician with a pick axe!
- The chicken picked about the yard.
- Ripe apples pick easily.
- Pick the best one.
- Why not pick that one?
- It took her two hours to pick a dress that suited her.
- The housewife picked a tin of tomatoes nearest to her in the shop.
- We picked the coolest room among those available.
- This month is the time to pick fruit.
- We picked the field in a whole day.
- I could manage to pick a bit of food.
- Don't pick your nose!
- It's bad form to pick one's teeth in public.
- The thief picked the man's pocket.
- They picked the lock and went in.
- The young writer picked the main content of the novel.
- The famous reporter's brain was picked.
- Just pick what suits you and leave the rest.
- These are my sketches.You may pick the one you like best.
- Pick me a nice melon.
- He picked her a rose.
- He picked a good dictionary for me.
- She picked a bunch of flowers for her mother.
- Will you pick some flowers for the dinner table?
- He was picked for the England team.
- The dog picked the bone clean.
- Edison had the gift of picking the right man to handle his affairs.
- He picked a man to teach English.
- She's been picked to head the planning committee.
- Only the best players were picked to play in the match.
- Of course I'll lend you a pen. Take your pick.
- Here are three records; take your pick.
- Which one do you want— take your pick?
- I can give you your pick of half a dozen.
- The salesman gave me my pick of the litter.
- He can have his pick of jobs.
- The winner has first pick of the prizes.
- I was the first to arrive at the inn and got the pick of rooms.
- Which of the books is your pick?
- That book is my first pick.
- She could have had her pick of all the eligible young men.
- He is our pick for monitor.
- He is our pick of the president.
- This lovely rose is the pick of the bunch.
- It's not much good, but it's the pick of the bunch.
- He is the pick of the aviators at the world.
- Only the pick of the schools are able to pass the exams.
- He breaks up strong ground with a pick.
- pick and choose (v.+v.)
挑三拣四,仔细挑选 select with great care; be very particular in choosing; choose carefully
pick and choose
He was never one to pick and choose.
I spent days picking and choosing before deciding on the wallpaper and curtains.
我挑选壁纸和窗帘用了好几天的时间。pick and choose to-v
Some people pick and choose to get something perfect.
- pick and steal (v.+v.)
扒窃 steal sth from sb's pocket
pick and steal
Jacelin often picked and stole when he was at school.
杰斯林上学时经常扒窃。pick and steal sth
The purse has been picked and stolen from my pocket.
- pick apart (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉对…吹毛求疵 find fault on (sth)
- pick at (v.+prep.)
少量地吃 eat very little of a meal at a time; eat without interest or appetite
pick at sth
The baby is picking at the bedclothes.
The sick man picked at the blanket.
病人拉扯着毯子。pick at sb
Leave the child alone; you're always picking at her.
I wish she would stop picking at the little girl so much.
Why are you always picking at the poor child?
She'd been picked at so often by parents and teachers that she didn't know how to behave.
家长和老师经常对她求全责备,她简直不知怎么办才好。pick at sth
She only picked at her food.
The sick boy was only picking at his food.
I think something must be worrying Dade; he has only picked at his food for the last two days.
He never feels hungry and just picks at his food.
- pick from (v.+prep.)
从…中挑选 choose or select (sb/sth) from (a group)
pick sth from sth
She picked some flowers from the garden.
You mustn't pick the bananas from others' tree.
He picked a pen from the ground.
他从地上捡起一支钢笔。pick sb/sth from sb/sth
Imes picked Rose from all the beautiful girls in the school to be a model.
- pick in1 (v.+adv.)
承揽,接收 contract or receive (sth such as extra-clothes)
- pick in2 (v.+prep.)
在…上扎开〔抠开〕洞 make a hole in sth by pulling at it or by using one's fingernails or a sharp instrument
pick sth in sth
The child has picked a hole in his new jumper.
Don't just sit there picking holes in your meat with your fork, get on with your dinner!
The bird picked a hole in the ice with its beak.
- pick off (v.+adv.)
逐个毁掉; 瞄准射死 destroy one at a time; shoot (sb) with deliberate aim
pick sth ⇔ off
Don't pick off any of these flowers.
The insecticide might harm the flowers.Let's pick off the insects by hand.
杀虫剂可能会伤害花朵。我们用手把虫捉下来吧。pick sb ⇔ off
A sniper behind the bushes picked off three of our men.
We picked off the officers first, so as to throw the attack into confusion.
- pick on (v.+prep.)
招惹,找茬儿; 责备 find fault with; speak angrily (to sb)
pick on sb/sth
I know someone has to fetch some more logs, but why pick on me?
The teacher always picks on her to translate the long passages.
Why should you pick on me to do the chores?
She wondered why we had picked on that small room to work in.
I was picked on to announce the bad news.
偏偏选中我去宣布这个坏消息。pick on sb
Why pick on me every time?
They always pick on her when anything goes wrong.
She felt that her parents were picking on her.
Stop picking on me or I'll tell father.
In the assignment of various sorts of work, none of them felt as if they were being picked on.
- pick out (v.+adv.)
凭听觉〔记忆〕奏出 play a tune on a musical instrument by guessing which notes to play and experimenting
pick sth ⇔ out
The child refuses to eat this fruit without first picking out the stones.
This special blade on the boy's knife is for picking stones out of horses' feet.
男孩子这把刀上的特殊刀刃是用来剔除嵌在马蹄上的石头的。pick sb/sth ⇔ out
Let's pick out the bad potatoes from the basket.
He is going with me to help me pick out a color TV set.
My wife is going with me to help me pick out a new suit.
Have you picked out the movie you want to see?
I'm going to pick out a few books to send to some friends.
It's not easy to pick out the best actors for this play, because they're all so good.
The architect has to pick out a new site for his building.
He picked out the ripest peach.
We must pick out the enemy's weakest units for attack.
That pile on the left are the ones that have been picked out for the library.
The pile of books on the shelf is picked out for you by the teacher.
书架上那堆书是老师替你们挑选的。pick sb/sth ⇔ out
The police asked the witness to pick out the murderer from four suspects.
The witness picked out the thief from a crowd of men.
He picked out a friend's face in the crowd.
Counsel stated that the accused had been picked out by two different people at an identity parade.
Her house is easily picked out from the rest; it has a large black gate.
她的住宅很容易和其他的区别开来,它有一个黑色的大门。pick sth ⇔ out
I picked out the meaning of the passage.
Can you pick out the operatic arias quoted in this orchestral passage?
你能听出这段管弦乐曲里有歌剧式的咏叹调吗?pick sth ⇔ out
The design was picked out in the bright red.
The actors' and actresses' costume was picked out by the spotlights.
男女演员的服装在聚光灯照耀下显得十分显眼。pick out the tune
As soon as she'd sung the first verse, he picked out the tune on the piano.
- pick over (v.+adv.)
老谈,老想 keep talking or thinking about (especially sth unpleasant)
- pick up (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉收拾残局; 重整旗鼓 save sth after failure; do one's best to find or make some result
pick sb/sth ⇔ up
Pick up your feet there, men!
She picked up the ashtray and put it on the table.
Facer dropped his pen and bent to pick it up, causing a sharp pain in his back.
On hearing the news through the telephone she picked up her kit and dashed out of the door.
I picked up your bag by mistake.
The telephone rang just as I was about to pick up the receiver.
I would have picked it up if I had noticed it.
我如果看见的话,我早就把它捡起来了。pick sb/sth ⇔ up
While driving to Edinburgh he picked up two students who were hitching a lift.
The bus stopped several times to pick up passengers.
I'll pick you up at your place at eight o'clock.
Please wait at the school gate.John will pick you up there.
It's not safe to travel by standing at the roadside hoping to be picked up by passing motorists.
The boy is picked up in a lifeboat.
His spirits picked up.
他的精神振作起来了。pick oneself up
When the child fell off her bicycle, she picked herself up, got back on and rode away .
Pick yourself up and brush yourself down.
After the failure of his business, he had to pick himself up and start all over again.
The speed of the train began to pick up.
The car began to pick up the moment the vehicle got onto the motorway.
The engine coughed for a few minutes, then picked up, and soon we were on our way.
Let's see how fast you can pick up from a standing start.
看看你站着起跑后能加速多快。pick sth ⇔ up
Soon after the train left the station, it began to pick up speed.
The car picks up speed with just a touch of the accelerator.
The teacher told her singing class to pick up the tempo; the class did well after her.
Children, it's time to pick up and have supper.
I refuse to pick up after children who are old enough to keep their own things in order.
我不愿替那些能料理自己东西的大孩子们收拾房间。pick sth ⇔ up
“What are you doing?”“I'm picking up my room.”
“你在做什么呢?”“我在收拾屋子。”Pick up your room before you go out, please.请在离开之前整理好房间。
Please pick up all your toys when you've finished playing.
Let's pick up everything on the floor and get the room tidy before we go out.
It's time to pick up tools and go home.
The room must be picked up before the guests arrive.
The peasants were picking up in the field.
农民们在田里翻地。pick sth ⇔ up
The man was picking up the ground very hard.
The frozen ground will have to be picked up by hand before machine digging can begin.
这冻土必须挖过后才能用掘土机掘土。pick sth ⇔ up
He picked up Japanese while living in Japan.
I don't know where my children have picked up those rude words!
Haas has never had a French teacher; he picked up the language by himself.
Jacelin served no formal apprenticeship in car mechanics; he just picked it up at the garage where he works.
It is said that the essentials of Esperanto can be picked up in a few lessons.
据说上几次课就能掌握世界语的基本要领。pick sth ⇔ up
Where did you pick up that book?I've been trying to get it for weeks!
Where did you pick up that lovely vase?
My friend knows where he can pick up a good used car for you at a very reasonable price.
If Mother picks up a temporary job, they'll stop our welfare money.
You can always pick up new ideas if you keep your eyes open.
She tried to pick up a humble living by selling baskets that she had made by hand.
Car factory workers can pick up good wages, especially with overtime.
Besides his regular wages, the chauffeur picks up money in tips.
My radio can pick up London very clearly.
I picked up Fujian on the radio last night.
They can pick up a lot of stations on this radio set.
This powerful radio can pick up stations from halfway round the world.
The searchers at last picked up a signal from the crashed plane.
These new electric buses pick up their power from overhead wires.
John suggested to his companions that a few shillings might be picked up by running errands for the neighbours.
An intruding enemy plane was picked up by our radar installations.
我方雷达发现了一架入侵敌机。pick sth ⇔ up
He must have picked up a cold; he's begun to sniffle.
He has picked up some bad habits at that club.
I don't want to pick up any bad habits from those people.
我不想从那些人那里染上任何坏习惯。pick sb/sth ⇔ up
The police picked the man up for burglary.
He was implicated in a murder, and sooner or later they would pick him up.
The police picked the burglar up as he was leaving the house.
They picked Eby up from a battlefield and sold him as a slave.
His ears are so sensitive that they can pick up very faint sounds from a long way away .
The trained dogs soon picked up the smell of the creature that they were hunting.
He is picked up on a charge of killing a man.
The fleeing culprit was picked up within twenty-four hours.
The escaped prisoners were picked up by the police only a short distance from the prison.
It looks as if the weather may pick up soon.
When is the weather going to pick up?It's been bad for weeks.
Business is at last beginning to pick up.
The hotel business always picks up in summer.
Trade has been picking up again since the winter.
He seemed to pick up quickly after his fever went down.
He has picked up slowly since he came out of hospital.
他自出院以来,身体恢复得很慢。pick sb/sth ⇔ up
The writer's personal appearance picked up the sales of the book considerably.
This medicine will help to pick up your health.
The engine sputtered and seemed about to cut out; then it picked up again.
We'll pick up where we finished yesterday.
Let's pick up where we left off before our coffee break.
咱们从喝咖啡休息之前停下的地方重新开始。pick sth ⇔ up
He picked up the story where he had left it the day before.
Because I had not studied for some years, it was difficult trying to pick up the threads again.
We lost the animal's track for some time, but picked it up further ahead.
It's difficult to pick up the thread of a conversation when it has been interrupted.
They met after five years, and picked up their friendship as if there had been no interruption.
This sort of match picks up easily.
这种火柴容易点燃。pick sb ⇔ up
I picked up this girl on the train and I'm going to meet her again tonight.
They happened to pick up each other in a park yesterday.
I think she picked him up at a dance.
Some men go to dances just to see if they can pick up a girl for the night.
Mother told Cage not to walk home by herself from the party because some strangers might try to pick her up.
The policeman took the woman to the police station for picking up men outside the hotel.
警察把那个在旅馆外面拉男人的女人带到警察局去。pick up with sb
Where did you pick up with that queer fellow?
She's picked up with some peculiar people.
她勾搭上一些不三不四的人。pick sb/sth ⇔ up
While reading this book,I have picked up twenty-five printing mistakes.
I'm always having to pick up the children for rude behaviour.
我不得不一再纠正孩子们的无礼举动。pick up the bill
They offered to pick up the bill for all the expenses of the trip.
It is the custom for the new wife's father to pick up the bill for the wedding.
The government should pick up the bill for the damaged ship.
政府应该为那艘受损船只承担付款的责任。pick up the gauntlet
He's said you can't possibly finish in time. Are you going to pick up the gauntlet?
他说你未必能按时完成,你打算接受他的挑战吗?pick up the pieces
If you fail now, who will pick up the pieces?
We must pick up the pieces of our political defeat, and start working towards the next election.
Their lives were shattered by the tragedy and they are still trying to pick up the pieces.
- pick up on (v.+adv.+prep.)
对…熟悉起来 become familiar gradually on (sth)
pick up on sth
Eby was posted there to pick up on the whereabouts of their enemies.
Haas had a rep for picking up on any information that might turn to be useful some day.
- pick with (v.+prep.)
找人吵〔打〕架; 向某人挑衅 bring about a quarrel intentionally; provoke an incident
pick acquaintance with sb
I picked acquaintance with Mary in the park.
我在公园里和玛丽偶然相识。pick a bone〔fight,quarrel〕 with sb
Facer picked a bone with Haas this morning.
He picked a fight with his classmate.
Eby's going through a tiresome stage, always picking fights with his brother for no reason at all.
When he gets a little drunk, he begins to pick a quarrel with whoever is at hand.
That dog will pick a quarrel with anyone he meets.
- pick a book 选书
- pick a fault 挑错
- pick a flaw 挑出毛病
- pick a hole 找出破绽
- pick a melon 选瓜
- pick one's step 慎择道路
- pick one's way 慎择道路
- pick one's words 谨慎措辞
- pick the best seeds 挑选最好的种子
- pick cotton 摘棉花
- pick flower 采花
- pick fruit 摘果子
- pick mushrooms 采蘑菇
- pick spring tea 采春茶
- pick a fowl 拔禽毛
- pick a lock 撬锁
- pick meat 剔肉
- pick one's nose 抠鼻子
- pick one's teeth 剔牙齿
- pick sb's brains 盗窃思想,利用某人的专门知识
- pick wool 扯松羊毛
- pick aimlessly 毫无目标地挑选
- pick argumentatively 有争论地选择
- pick cautiously 小心地选择
- pick contentiously 有争议地选择
- pick democratically 民主选择
- pick easily 容易采摘
- pick hastily 仓促地选择
- pick laboriously 费劲地挑选
- pick mercilessly 无情地选择
- pick obediently 顺从地选择
- pick painfully 痛苦地选择
- pick shrewdly 精明地挑选
- pick apart 把…撕成碎片,对…吹毛求疵
- pick in 画上(阴影),承揽,接收
- pick off 摘去,一下毁掉,瞄准射死
- pick out 取出,挑选,分辨出,了解,衬托,凭听觉〔记忆〕奏出
- pick out the best one 挑了一个最好的
- pick over 挑出来,老谈,老想
- pick over shirts 仔细挑选衬衫
- pick up 拾起,安排去接,振作起来,好转,加快,学会,染上,逮捕,着火,回到,结识,勾搭,为…付款,纠正,接受挑战,收拾残局
- pick up a foreign language 学会一门外语
- pick up flesh 恢复体重
- pick up French 学会了法语
- pick up one's courage 鼓起勇气
- pick up passengers 让乘客上车
- pick up some knowledge 偶然获得一些知识
- pick up tool 收拾工具
- pick up words and phrases 自学词语
- pick at 拉扯,找茬儿,少量地吃
- pick at one's food 挑食
- pick for 选(某人)入队
- pick from 从…摘下〔剔去,捡起〕,从…中挑选
- pick meat from bones 剔去骨头上的肉
- pick from tree 从树上采
- pick on 挑选,找茬儿,责备
- pick out of the carpet 从地毯上捡起来
- pick to pieces 把…撕开,把…批驳得体无完肤
- pick shirt to pieces 把衬衣撕开
- pick up on 对…熟悉起来
- pick up with a curious fellow 碰到一个好奇的家伙
- pick with a wire 用铁丝撬
- brandish pick 挥镐
- drive pick 用镐
- dull pick 钝镐
- get pick of 有挑选…之可能
- have pick 任意挑选
- have pick of 有挑选…之可能
- take one's pick 拣喜欢的
- first pick 首选
- with pick 用镐
Small picks..used by modern archaeologists.出自： J. A. Michener
A short-handled pick..to loosen the earth.出自： J. G. Farrell
The picks of the miners long ago.出自： J. Gardam
A pick of meat on Feastdays.出自： Austin Clarke
They didn't take a pick of notice.出自： W. Trevor
He picked his Nose, which..is neither graceful nor royal.出自： M. Coke
You were picking your teeth with a..straw.出自： G. Naylor
- pick用作名词时的意思是“挑选,选择”,可指“挑选”的行为,也可指“选择权”; 可指供人选择的商品,也可指被选择的人,还可指各项选择中最好的部分,即“精华,最佳选择”。
- pick常用于take one's pick和the pick of两个短语中。
- pick, choose, collect, elect, select, single
- My wife is going with me to help me pick out a new suit.我妻子和我一起去以帮我挑选一件新西装。
- I like collecting stamps very much, and I've also collected many foreign stamps.我非常喜欢集邮,我还收集了许多外国邮票。
- It is highly important for us to choose and train successors.对我们来说,挑选和培养接班人是十分重要的。
- The students chose him as their monitor because they liked him.学生们选他做班长,因为他们喜欢他。
- The greedy boy chose the largest apple in the dish.那贪心的孩子从盘中挑了一个最大的苹果。
- You may choose from them the one you like best.你可从它们中间选出你最喜欢的一个。
- They chose her a secretary.他们选择她做秘书。
- He was chosen our team leader.他被选为我们的队长。
- They selected a diamond engagement ring.他们挑选了一枚钻石订婚戒指。
- Why didn't you select a nice subject?你为什么没选一个好题目?
- Select the book you want.选你需要的书。
- We selected her to represent us.我们选她作为我们的代表。
- He selected the village as a base of operation.他选择了该村为试验基地。
- He selected a pair of socks to match his suit.他为配他的那身衣服选了一双袜子。
- We elected the captain of our football team by a show of hands.我们举手选举我们的足球队长。
- Only someone born in the United States can be elected as President.只有在美国出生的人才可以被选为美国总统。
- The committee is made up of men and women elected by the people.委员会是由人民选出的人员组成。
- He was singled out to succeed his uncle.他被选出来继承他叔叔的产业。
误 We picked up apples at his orchard.
正 We picked apples at his orchard.
误 It took Mary a long time to pick up a new dress at the store.
正 It took Mary a long time to pick out a new dress at the store.
析 表示从很多东西中“挑选出”应该说pick out。昨天她去买东西时,钱包被人偷了。
误 When she went shopping yesterday, she had her pocket stolen.
正 When she went shopping yesterday, she had her pocket picked.
析 steal pocket是指把口袋偷走, pick pocket才是指扒窃口袋中的东西。她看见地上有个钱包,就把它捡了起来。
误 She saw a wallet lying on the ground and picked up it.
正 She saw a wallet lying on the ground and picked it up.他拾起老人的帽子,并掸掉帽子上的灰尘。
误 He picked the old man's hat up and dusted it.
正 He picked up the old man's hat and dusted it.
析 pick up表示“拾起,捡起”,是“ v.+adv. ”型短语。当宾语是代词时,习惯上把代词放在pick与up之间; 当宾语是名词时,一般放在pick up之后。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的pician，意为扎，刺；最初源自日耳曼语的pikka，意为扎。
- picky adj. 喜欢挑剔的,难讨好的