- 开着的,开放的,公开的 not shut; not hidden or limited
- 坦率的,无偏见的 (of person) very willing to talk honestly
- [A]空旷的,开阔的 not surrounded by walls, etc.; not enclosed
- [P]开始营业的,活动的 ready for business; admitting customers or visitors
- [P](职位等)空缺的 (especially of a job) not filled
- 尚未决定的,悬而未决的 not completely decided or answered
- vt. & vi. (打)开 make or become open
- vt. & vi. 开始; 开设 start; begin business, etc.
- a clear or unobstructed space or expanse of land or water;
"finally broke out of the forest into the open"
- where the air is unconfined;
"he wanted to get outdoors a little"
"the concert was held in the open air"
"camping in the open"
- a tournament in which both professionals and amateurs may play
- information that has become public;
"all the reports were out in the open"
"the facts had been brought to the surface"
- affording unobstructed entrance and exit; not shut or closed;
"an open door"
"they left the door open"
- affording free passage or access;
"the road is open to traffic"
- with no protection or shield;
"the exposed northeast frontier"
"open to the weather"
"an open wound"
- open to or in view of all;
"an open protest"
"an open letter to the editor"
- used of mouth or eyes;
"keep your eyes open"
"his mouth slightly opened"
- not having been filled;
"the job is still open"
- accessible to all;
"an open economy"
- not defended or capable of being defended;
"an open city"
"open to attack"
- (of textures) full of small openings or gaps;
"an open texture"
"a loose weave"
- having no protecting cover or enclosure;
"an open boat"
"an open fire"
"open sports cars"
- (set theory) of an interval that contains neither of its endpoints
- not brought to a conclusion; subject to further thought;
"an open question"
"our position on this bill is still undecided"
"our lawsuit is still undetermined"
- not sealed or having been unsealed;
"the letter was already open"
"the opened package lay on the table"
- without undue constriction as from e.g. tenseness or inhibition;
"the clarity and resonance of an open tone"
"her natural and open response"
- ready or willing to receive favorably;
"receptive to the proposals"
- open and observable; not secret or hidden;
"an overt lie"
"overt intelligence gathering"
- not requiring union membership;
"an open shop employs nonunion workers"
- possibly accepting or permitting;
"a passage capable of misinterpretation"
"open to interpretation"
"an issue open to question"
"the time is fixed by the director and players and therefore subject to much variation"
- affording free passage or view;
"a clear view"
"a clear path to victory"
"the open countryside"
- openly straightforward and direct without reserve or secretiveness;
"his candid eyes"
"an open and trusting nature"
"a heart-to-heart talk"
- ready for business;
"the stores are open"
- cause to open or to become open;
"Mary opened the car door"
- start to operate or function or cause to start operating or functioning;
"open a business"
- become open;
"The door opened"
- begin or set in action, of meetings, speeches, recitals, etc.;
"He opened the meeting with a long speech"
- spread out or open from a closed or folded state;
"open the map"
"spread your arms"
- make available;
"This opens up new possibilities"
- become available;
"an opportunity opened up"
- have an opening or passage or outlet;
"The bedrooms open into the hall"
- make the opening move;
"Kasparov opened with a standard opening"
- afford access to;
"the door opens to the patio"
"The French doors give onto a terrace"
- display the contents of a file or start an application as on a computer
- The fresh air blew in from the open window.
- One day, I came home to find my garage open.
- She has fall asleep with an open book in her lap.
- I'm so sleepy that I can hardly keep my eyes open.
- How late are they open for skiing?
- I'm not convinced your idea will work, but I'll keep an open mind for the moment.
- Their love affair is an open secret.
- The argument boiled over into open war.
- The dollar declined on the open market.
- These goods are to be procured through open tender.
- Can you open the bottle with the opener?
- Please open a window to allow the air to circulate.
- You may open a current account at a bank.
- Another supermarket opened last week.
- The shops usually open at nine o'clock.
- The story opens with a snowstorm.
- The book opens with a quotation.
- The Queen opens Parliament.
- In the summer, we camped in the open .
- All of his dealings are in the open.
- Now the scandal is out in the open, the President will have a lot of questions to answer.
The open wound soon became infected.
They decided to declare Paris an open city.
The radio station had an open line on which listeners could call up to discuss various issues.
The house should fetch 40,000 pounds on the open market.
She is a very friendly, open person.
He has an open face.
The car gathered speed on the open road.
They are going to build offices in the open space next to our factory.
The soldiers in the open field were exposed to the enemy's gun-fire.
The cattle owners let their animals wander across open country, but the farmers railed in their cattle and their land, and this is what caused many bitter fights in the old west.
This is an open question at the moment.
The window was open, and the pot just dropped out.
I didn't have to bribe anyone, it was all open and aboveboard.
Next day all theatres were open again at the command of the government.
Is the park still open now?
It has been decided that the exhibition shall not be open on Sunday.
Only one lane is open because of the accident.
The office manager's job is still open after three months.
The hotel will be open for guests next January.
The telephone office is open for public business.
The river is open for navigation.
The recitation contest is open to all.
There are few occupations that are open to women in that country.
The museum has been open to the public.
The railway will be open to traffic on October 1.
His ears are open to every idle rumor.
I'm afraid the position is open to abuse.
His conduct is open to criticism.
This question is still open to discussion.
He is open to advice.
I am open to conviction.
He is open to an offer.
Let's be open with each other.
I will be open with you about nothing.
Like many native Italians, my parents were open with their feelings and their love not only at home, but also in public.
I had all the windows open, but even then the smell was dreadful.
He pulled the drawer open, and found the news bulletin still hidden in the crack.
The angry father flung the door open and marched into his daughter's room.
If you want the cupboard door open all the time, why don't you nail it back?
Doctors used to cut people open to drain the polluted blood away.
We've held the job open for him for two weeks now.
I shall ask Mrs.Braddock to cut the ribbon and declare this firm open.
The door opened and in walked Mr. Smith.
The window opened and in came a gentle breeze.
When does the library open?
Does the door open inwards or outwards?
The box won't open.
Hamlet opens tomorrow.《
The meeting will open the day after tomorrow.
Our office opens at 7:30 A.M.
The exhibition does not open on Sundays.
His shop is to open next week.
What time does the building open?
She promises to come back on time when school opens.
The trial of the murder opened on January 10th.
The wound opened under the strain.
The flowers are opening.
Flowers opened in early March this year.
Open the window and let some air into the room.
We didn't want to open the garden gate in case their dog made for us.
Shall we open another bottle?
He opened his mouth to say something, but decided not to.
Open your mouth and show me your tongue.
The workers have opened a new road through the forest.
He is going to open a new shop there.
The company will open an office in New York.
Why don't you open an account at the bank?
The chairman opened the Parliament.
They opened their eyes at the news.
He was an open-hearted surgeon and knew how to open his own heart.
The poor girl opened her mind and told me everything about herself.
You young people should try to open a prospect by constant endeavor.
Please open the door for me.
He opened the way for this comrades-in-arms by sacrificing his own life.
用于be ～ed 结构
Soon the door was opened by an old man.
When the gates of the ground were opened, all the football supporters crowded in.
The library hasn't opened yet, so I have to hang about here.
A communication will be opened between the two cities.
Begun in 1989, the road was fully opened in 1993.
A park, a library and a swimming pool as well have been opened in this village.
When the door was opened the wind blew the leaves into the house.
His understanding wants to be opened.
Open your mouth wider when you pronounce the note.
- break open
摔破,打开 open sth by force break open
The bag fell on the floor and broke open.The sweets went everywhere!包掉在地板上,摔破了。糖撒了一地!break sth ⇔ open
The robber broke open the door.盗贼把这门打开了。
- 摔破,打开 open sth by force break open
- fly open
突然打开 come open suddenly
The door flew open. 门猛然开了。
The door flew open and she rushed in. 那门突然开了,她冲了进去。
- 突然打开 come open suddenly
- have〔keep〕 an open mind
愿听取〔接受、考虑〕别人的意见〔想法〕 be willing to listen to or accept new ideas, consider other people's suggestions, etc.
I'm not convinced your idea will work, but I'll keep an open mind for the moment. 我还没想通你的意见是否可行,不过我先考虑一下。
- 愿听取〔接受、考虑〕别人的意见〔想法〕 be willing to listen to or accept new ideas, consider other people's suggestions, etc.
- in the open air
This piece is not suitable to be played in the open air. 这个曲子不适合在露天演奏。
- 在露天里,在室外 outdoors
- keep open
仍营业; 仍开放 remain for business keep open
The exhibition keeps open on Sundays.展览会星期天也开放。
How long do the shops keep open?商店开门多长时间了?
使保持分开〔张开〕 make sth remain wide open, apart keep sth open
He kept his book open when he was away.走时他把书打开着。
The speaker was so uninteresting that I could hardly keep my eyes open.讲演人讲得毫无趣味,我听得昏昏欲睡。
Any businessman has to keep his eyes and ears open for a chance of making a profit.所有商人都得睁大眼睛盯着能赚一笔的机会。
I like to keep my options open.我喜欢留有选择余地。
- 仍营业; 仍开放 remain for business keep open
- remain open
保持开着,继续营业 continue to be wide open, apart, etc.; continue to do business
He closed his eyes but his mouth remained open. 他闭上眼,但嘴依然张开着。
Our door remains open at all times for our friends. 我们的大门对朋友永远是敞开的。
The shops remain open until late every evening. 每天晚上商店要营业到很晚才关门。
- 保持开着,继续营业 continue to be wide open, apart, etc.; continue to do business
- with open arms
热情地,衷心地 warmly, heartily
We were welcomed with open arms. 我们受到热烈欢迎。
When grandpa came to visit us at Christmas, we welcomed him with open arms. 当祖父圣诞节来看我们时,我们都衷心地欢迎他。
- 热情地,衷心地 warmly, heartily
- with open eyes
完全明白地 in an understanding way
He settled the problem with open eyes. 他心明如镜地解决了这个难题。
睁大眼睛 with eyes wide open
He looked at me with open eyes. 他睁大眼睛看着我。
极注意地; 惊讶地 with eager attention; with surprise
All the students listened to the teacher with open eyes. 所有的学生都聚精会神地听老师讲课。
The children stared at their father with open eyes when he lost temper. 当父亲发脾气时,孩子们都吃惊地盯着他。
- 完全明白地 in an understanding way
- open at (v.+prep.)
把书翻到 put the book into open sth at sth
Please open the book at 11.请把书翻到11页。
开火 begin shooting at sb open fire at sb
The officer was forced to give orders to open fire at the crowd.军官被迫命令向群众开火。
We opened fire at the enemy at dawn.我们于拂晓向敌人发起进攻。
- 把书翻到 put the book into open sth at sth
- open into (v.+prep.)
通入 (of door, etc.) open in an inward direction towards; give entry to a place open into sth
The two rooms open into each other.这两个房间相通。
The door opened into a strange little room with no furniture.门向里开着,一个神秘的小屋,里面没有家具。
- 通入 (of door, etc.) open in an inward direction towards; give entry to a place open into sth
- open off (v.+adv.)
通到 have a door leading from sth open sth ⇔ off
The house has a long narrow hall, with all the downstairs rooms opening off it.房子有一个又长又窄的通道,从这里可以通到楼下的各个房间。
- 通到 have a door leading from sth open sth ⇔ off
- open on (v.+prep.)
对着 give a view of sth open on sth
The windows open on a beautiful view of the lake.从窗口可以看到湖的美景。
The bedrooms open on the street.卧室都对着街道。
开火 open fire at; begin shooting at sb open fire on sb/sth
The gunboat opened fire on the mainland.炮艇朝陆地开炮。
The officer gave orders to open fire on the crowd.军官命令向群众开火。
- 对着 give a view of sth open on sth
- open onto (v.+prep.)
通向; 对着 give a view of sth open onto sth
The French windows open onto a beautiful old lawn.落地窗朝向一个美丽而生长多年的草坪。
Nobody is going to buy a house whose front door opens onto a gas works.没有谁会买一栋前门对着煤气厂的房子。
The side gate opens onto a small lane.这扇门通向一条小巷。
- 通向; 对着 give a view of sth open onto sth
- open out (v.+adv.)
伸展开来; 变宽 (cause to) become wide open or spread open out
This passage opens out somewhere outside the forest.这条小路在这片森林外的地方展宽。
Looking around from the top, there opened out before us a magnificent landscape that none of us had ever seen.从顶上环视,展现在我们面前的是我们任何人都不曾见过的壮丽景色。open out into sth
At the foot of the mountain, the river opens out suddenly into a broad estuary.这条河流经山脚突然向宽阔的港湾伸展开去。
The street leads outside the city, where it opens out into a 4-lane highway.这条街道直通城外,在那里路面伸展开来,成为一个四条车道的公路。
发展 exist more fully; increase; improve open out
Life opens out for a young man when he leaves school.生活对于一个刚离开学校的年轻人来说充满了希望。
Many of his talents opened out as he grew in years.随着年龄的增长,他的许多才能也得到发展。
畅谈 speak more freely; be less nervous and more friendly open out
She was a bit shy at first, but after a while she opened out.起初她有点害羞,但不一会儿就变得健谈起来。
She opened out a great deal at the party for a change.她在晚会上像变成另一个人似地健谈起来。
展现 show open out
The countryside opens out beyond those trees, and you can see for miles.过那片树林,便豁然开朗,村野风光数里之外一览无遗。
As we climbed to the top of the hill, a magnificent view opened out before us.我们登到山顶时,一片壮丽的景色展现在我们眼前。open sth ⇔ out
He opened out the map and showed me the exact location of the city.他打开地图把那座城市的确切位置指给我看。
The future opens out a bright prospect for our younger generation.未来为我们年轻一代展示光明前途。
开花 blossom open out
The buds will open out in a few days.不出几天这些花蕾就会怒放。
The flower opened out when the sun came out.太阳一出来那花就盛开了。
- 伸展开来; 变宽 (cause to) become wide open or spread open out
- open to (v.+prep.)
为…打开门 open the door for open sth to sb/sth
She knocked and he opened the door to her.她敲了敲门,于是他给她开了。
The newly-built road opened the way to the economic intercourse between the two provinces.新修的这条公路为两省的经济交流打开了方便之门。
The extensive use of audio-visual aids has opened the way to better results in the teaching of foreign languages.视听设备的广泛使用为外语教学取得更好的效果成为可能。
对(某人)开放(某处) allow (sth) to be entered open sth to sb
Some members have expressed a wish to open Council meetings to the public.有些议员表示希望议会会议对公众公开。
George felt much better after he opened his heart to Jerry.乔治向杰瑞吐露了自己的心思以后,感到好受多了。
Girls, in general, open their hearts to their mother(s), not to their father(s).一般来说,女孩子有心里话都是跟母亲说,不跟父亲说。
She opened her heart to the little beggar.她非常同情那个小要饭的。用于 be ～ed 结构
The gardens of the great house will be opened to visitors next week.这栋大房子的花园下周将对参观者开放。
使通车 cause (a railway, highway or a bridge) to become open to traffic or become usable open sth to traffic 用于 be ～ed 结构
In southwest China, a new railway will be opened to traffic.在中国西南,一条新铁路将通车。
The new bridge across the Yangtse River is now opened to traffic.新建的长江大桥现已通车。
- 为…打开门 open the door for open sth to sb/sth
- open up (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉开门 open the door open up
Open up!This is the police!开门!警察!
Open up!I'm home.快开门,我回来了。
完全打开 open sth completely, especially if it has been closed for a long time open sth ⇔ up
My mother went to the front door and opened it up.我母亲向前门走去,然后打开门。
The police had to get special permission to open up the grave.警察必须得到特许才能打开墓地。
The children were allowed to open up their Christmas presents after breakfast.早饭后孩子们才能打开圣诞礼物。
When I opened up the package my parents sent me,I saw a beautiful skirt.当我打开父母寄来的包裹时,我看到了一件漂亮的裙子。
开业 open a shop for business open up
We don't open up till 9：30.我们9：30才开业。open sth ⇔ up
To open up a business is not so easy as to run it well.开办一家企业并不比经营好它容易。
The department store is opening up a new branch in one of the smaller towns.商店正在较小的城镇中开办分店。
打开 cut sth open, as to provide a way through open sth ⇔ up 用于 be ～ed 结构
In some places there was no way through for the railway line, so new passages had to be opened up with explosives.有些地方无法铺设铁路线,一些新的路段得用炸药炸开。
切开; 打开 cut sb open, as in a hospital open sb/sth ⇔ up
The surgeon opened up the patient's stomach to cut out the source of the trouble.外科医生切开病人的胃以便清除病源。用于 be ～ed 结构
The bullet wound in his shoulder was opened up for treatment.切开他肩上的枪伤进行治疗。
开发 make possible the development of; bring sth within sb's reach open sth ⇔ up
The pioneers opened up this land over a hundred years ago.开拓者在一百多年前就开发了这块土地。
The company has decided to open up this area for business.这个公司决定开发这块土地,供建房用。
The government is hoping to open up new areas of industry to provide employment.政府将开发新的工业区以提供就业机会。
The building of the new road has really opened up the distant areas.新公路的建设打开了边远地区的大门。
变宽; 展现; 揭示 (especially of possibility) (cause to) begin to exist open up
After a while the road opened up and they traveled more quickly.过了一会儿,路变宽了,他们也走得更快了。
The State Council are examining possibilities which are opening up in local affairs.国务院正在考查处理地方事务的可行性。open sth ⇔ up
The story of the hero opened up a new world to me.这位英雄的事迹使我大开眼界。
Soon after she became successful, all sorts of opportunity began to open up.她成功后不久,各种机遇纷纷出现。
Scientific advance has opened up the possibility of curing this dreadful disease.科学的发展使治愈这种可怕的疾病成为可能。
Einstein's theories opened up a whole new field for study.爱因斯坦的理论揭开了一个全新的研究领域。
开火 (of a gun) begin firing open up
We knew that there was no hope left for the town when the big guns opened up.我们很清楚大炮一响那座城市一点希望也没有了。
When they got close to the enemy lines, they opened up with all they had.他们接近敌人阵地时,使用所有的武器射击。
开诚布公地说; 打开话匣子; 畅谈 speak more freely open up
The girl decided to open up and tell us everything.这个女孩决定坦白地把一切都告诉我们。
He was silent at first, but soon he opened up and told us about his terrible experiences.他一开始沉默不语,但不久便讲起他那次可怕的经历。
Mary hoped that Kent would open up at once about his visit, but he didn't.玛丽希望肯特能马上把他此行的目的开诚布公地讲讲,但他没有这样做。
The reporters tried every way to question him about the purpose of his new mission abroad, but he refused to open up.记者们想方设法想问出他此次出使国外的目的,但他拒绝吐露实情。
加速 (cause to) go fast open up
Once we were on the main road, the car really opened up.我们上了主路后,汽车才开起来。open sth ⇔ up
Can't you open up the engine a little more?你能再开快点吗?
活跃 (especially in sport) become more active; play more actively open up
After a slow start, the team really opened up and hit 180 in two hours.该队开场打得不好,但后来发挥得非常出色,在两小时内打了180分。
- 〈非正〉开门 open the door open up
- open with (v.+prep.)
打开 make sth come open by using a tool open sth with sth
Try opening the envelope with your thumbnail.试一试用指甲打开信封。
He opened the bottle with his teeth.他用牙齿咬开了瓶盖。
以…开始 (cause to) start with sth open with sth
The sentence opens with an adverb.这个句子以一个副词开头。
The concert opened with a lively performance of a piece for two pianos.音乐会以两架钢琴精彩地表演开始。
The famous play opens with the appearance of a spirit, and closes with the deaths of four people.该名剧以展现某种精神开始,以四个人的牺牲结束。open sth with sth
The priest opened the service with a prayer.神父以祈祷开始他的职责。
The first artist opened the concert with a song.第一位上场的艺术家以一首歌拉开了音乐会的开幕。
- 打开 make sth come open by using a tool open sth with sth
- open admission 开放性注册
- open arms 热烈的欢迎
- open chain 开链
- open championship 公开赛
- open channel 明水道
- open charge 公开指控
- open city 不设防城市
- open classroom 开放课堂
- open competition 公开竞赛
- open country 旷野
- open door 门户开放
- open enrollment 开放性学校
- open face 坦率的面孔
- open field 广阔领域
- open fire 明火
- open gate 敞开的门
- open hand 慷慨施舍
- open heart 坦率之心
- open letter 公开信
- open manner 爽直的态度
- open market 自由市场
- open mind 虚怀若谷
- open port 开放港口
- open price 公开价格
- open roof 露天屋顶
- open sea 公海
- open season 可以公开打猎的季节
- open secret 公开的秘密
- open shop 开放工厂
- open space 空地
- constantly open 经常开放
- continually open 连续开放
- generously open 慷慨大方
- helpfully open 有助于某人的开放
- indulgently open 宽容
- legally open 合法开放
- mysteriously open 秘密开放
- officially open 正式开放
- unconditionally open 无条件开放
- open as the day 光明正大
- open for 对…开放
- open for business 开门营业的
- open into one another (两个房间)是互通的
- open to 愿意考虑…的,对…开放的
- open to discussion 可以讨论
- open to the public 对公众开放的
- open to traffic 通车
- open with 与…坦诚相待
- open a new road 开了一条新路
- open a new shop 开一家新店
- open an account 开户头
- open an office 开设一个办事处
- open floodgates 打开防洪闸
- open one's eyes 睁大眼睛,使某人明白或醒悟
- open one's heart 向人倾吐肺腑之言,向人诉说衷情,同情,慷慨帮助
- open one's mind 对…吐露心意〔真情〕
- open one's mouth 张嘴
- open the company 开公司
- open the door 打开门
- open the window 把窗户打开
- open abundantly 完全打开
- open accidentally 意外开设
- open advantageously 有利地开设
- open apparently 显然开设
- open automatically 自动打开
- open bitterly 充满仇恨地打开
- open carefully 小心翼翼地打开
- open carelessly 粗心地打开
- open cautiously 慎重地打开
- open cleverly 巧妙地开设
- open clumsily 拙劣地打开
- open comfortably 惬意地开设
- open constantly 经常打开
- open contemptuously 傲慢地打开
- open conveniently 方便地打开
- open decisively 果断打开
- open extemporaneously 临时地开设
- open formally 正式地打开
- open generously 慷慨地开设
- open growingly 渐渐打开
- open grudgingly 勉强地打开
- open hospitably 殷勤地打开
- open insistently 紧急地打开
- open legally 合法开设
- open liberally 大量地开设
- open mysteriously 神秘地开设
- open officially 正式地打开
- open openly 公开地打开
- open ostentatiously 炫耀地打开
- open personally 亲自打开
- open prodigiously 奇妙地开设
- open quietly 悄悄地打开
- open reluctantly 勉强地打开
- open scientifically 科学地打开
- open secretly 秘密地打开
- open slowly 慢慢地打开
- open spectacularly 特殊地打开
- open tremulously 大胆地打开
- open unconditionally 无条件地打开
- open unexpectedly 出乎意外地开设
- open unhesitatingly 毫不迟疑地打开
- open untimely 过早地打开
- open villainously 罪恶地开设
- open voluntarily 自愿开设
- open widely 广泛地开设
- open off 通向
- open out 伸展开来,变宽,发展,畅谈,展现,开花
- open up 开门,完全打开,开业,打开,切开,开发,变宽,开火,开诚布公地说,吐露真情
A miner could be seen washing himself in the open on this hot evening.出自：D. H. Lawrence
They would have a fine chance of catching them out in the open.出自：L. McMurtry
The voice of Enid..rang Clear thro' the open casement of the Hall, Singing.出自：Tennyson
Helen has left the hall door propped open.出自：M. Roberts
He lay with his head by the open tent flap.出自：J. Irving
He seemed to be able to speak and scarcely open his lips.出自：J. Braine
Danby opened a door..and marched in.出自：I. Murdoch
She had not allowed the servants to..open the shutters.出自：R. P. Jhabvala
- open作表语时,后面经常跟to或with短语, open在句中还可充当宾语补足语。
- open既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作不及物动词时,多表示某物自身具有打开的性质。在与on, onto等介词连用时,表示“朝着,朝向”; 在与into, off等词连用时,表示“通向,通到,从…通入”。open用作不及物动词时,主动形式可含有被动意义。
- open在口语中偶尔也可接双宾语。例如:Open me the bottle, please.请帮我把瓶盖打开。Please open me an account.请给我立一个账户。
- “开”字用法丰富,不可都译作open。例如:开会attend a meeting; 拉开了窗帘draw back the curtains; 开汽车drive a car; 开运动会hold〔have〕 a sports-meeting; 开书店keep a bookstore; 开张支票make out a check; 开往前线move to the front; 睁开眼睛open one's eyes; 开机器operate a machine; 开一个茶馆run a teahouse; 开了两家工厂set up two factories; 打开电视turn on the TV; 水开了water boiling; 开一封介绍信write a letter of introduction
- with open arms, with open hands
with open arms的意思是“热情地”, with open hands则是“花钱大手大脚地”的意思。例如:We welcomed these foreign guests with open arms.我们热情地欢迎这些外宾。Susan spends her money with open hands.苏珊花钱大手大脚。
- be open, be opened
be open表示“正开着”这一状态, open是形容词; be opened指“被打开”这一动作, opened是动词open的过去分词。试比较:
- The door is open.
- The door was opened by force.
- open, begin
- open, hold
这两个词的词义相近,但并不相同。hold指“举行”会议、会谈、比赛等; 而open则指为大楼等举行揭幕典礼或宣布会议、运动会等开幕。例如:They decided to hold a meeting next Tuesday.他们决定下星期二举行一次会议。The exhibition will open the day after tomorrow.展览会将在后天开幕。
- open, unfold
- Please open the envelope and let me read the letter.
- Please unfold the letter and read it for me.
- He opened the door to me.
- He opened the door to let me in.
- He opened the door for me to come in.
Open your books to page 75.打开书,翻到75页。〖JB)〗
- Open your books at page 75.
- A new world was opening before him.
- A new world was opening (up) to him.
- I opened the book at this page and saw a picture.
- I opened the book to this page to see the picture.
误 Children are easily open to various influences.
正 Children are open to various influences.
析 be open to本身就是“容易招致或受到…”的意思, easily应删去。
误 The garden is open for the public.
正 The garden is open to the public.
析 表示“向…开放”时要用be open to,不用be open for。
误 I will be open to you about it.
正 I will be open with you about it.
析 表示“对某人坦白,无隐瞒的,开诚布公的”时用open with sb,而不用be open to sb。
误 The library has opened to the public for a year.
正 The library opened to the public a year ago.
正 It is a year since the library opened to the public.
误 John knocked on the door and his grandfather opened.
正 John knocked on the door and his grandfather opened it.
误 Are the shops opened yet?
正 Are the shops open yet?
析 表示一种状态时应该用系表结构be open, open是形容词。
误 The boy stood there, his eyes open wide and his teeth set.
正 The boy stood there, his eyes opened wide and his teeth set.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的opeiann，意为打开。
- OPEN:Object-Oriented Process, Environment, and Notation (OPEN Consortium)面向对象的过程、环境、符号(打开联盟)
- OPEN:One Planet Education Network一个星球网络教育
- OPEN:Oregon Public Education Network俄勒冈州公共网络教育
- open:OPEN票： 机票没有确定起飞具体时间, 即没有预订妥座位的有效机票, 都被称为“OPEN”票。也就是说, 购买机票而未预订座位, 是不能登机的。只有既购买了机票, 又确定妥座位才能登机。一般用在国...…