- adj. 开着的；开放的；公开的
- v. 打开；张开；展开；摊开；开始(某事物)；开张；营业；以…开头；宣布启用
- n. 户外；公开
- 开着的,开放的,公开的 not shut; not hidden or limited
- 坦率的,无偏见的 (of person) very willing to talk honestly
- [A]空旷的,开阔的 not surrounded by walls, etc.; not enclosed
- [P]开始营业的,活动的 ready for business; admitting customers or visitors
- [P](职位等)空缺的 (especially of a job) not filled
- 尚未决定的,悬而未决的 not completely decided or answered
- vt. & vi. (打)开 make or become open
- vt. & vi. 开始; 开设 start; begin business, etc.
a clear or unobstructed space or expanse of land or water;
"finally broke out of the forest into the open"
where the air is unconfined;
"he wanted to get outdoors a little"
"the concert was held in the open air"
"camping in the open"
a tournament in which both professionals and amateurs may play
information that has become public;
"all the reports were out in the open"
"the facts had been brought to the surface"
affording unobstructed entrance and exit; not shut or closed;
"an open door"
"they left the door open"
affording free passage or access;
"the road is open to traffic"
with no protection or shield;
"the exposed northeast frontier"
"open to the weather"
"an open wound"
open to or in view of all;
"an open protest"
"an open letter to the editor"
used of mouth or eyes;
"keep your eyes open"
"his mouth slightly opened"
not having been filled;
"the job is still open"
accessible to all;
"an open economy"
not defended or capable of being defended;
"an open city"
"open to attack"
(of textures) full of small openings or gaps;
"an open texture"
"a loose weave"
having no protecting cover or enclosure;
"an open boat"
"an open fire"
"open sports cars"
(set theory) of an interval that contains neither of its endpoints
not brought to a conclusion; subject to further thought;
"an open question"
"our position on this bill is still undecided"
"our lawsuit is still undetermined"
not sealed or having been unsealed;
"the letter was already open"
"the opened package lay on the table"
without undue constriction as from e.g. tenseness or inhibition;
"the clarity and resonance of an open tone"
"her natural and open response"
ready or willing to receive favorably;
"receptive to the proposals"
open and observable; not secret or hidden;
"an overt lie"
"overt intelligence gathering"
not requiring union membership;
"an open shop employs nonunion workers"
possibly accepting or permitting;
"a passage capable of misinterpretation"
"open to interpretation"
"an issue open to question"
"the time is fixed by the director and players and therefore subject to much variation"
affording free passage or view;
"a clear view"
"a clear path to victory"
"the open countryside"
openly straightforward and direct without reserve or secretiveness;
"his candid eyes"
"an open and trusting nature"
"a heart-to-heart talk"
ready for business;
"the stores are open"
cause to open or to become open;
"Mary opened the car door"
start to operate or function or cause to start operating or functioning;
"open a business"
"The door opened"
begin or set in action, of meetings, speeches, recitals, etc.;
"He opened the meeting with a long speech"
spread out or open from a closed or folded state;
"open the map"
"spread your arms"
"This opens up new possibilities"
"an opportunity opened up"
have an opening or passage or outlet;
"The bedrooms open into the hall"
make the opening move;
"Kasparov opened with a standard opening"
afford access to;
"the door opens to the patio"
"The French doors give onto a terrace"
display the contents of a file or start an application as on a computer
- The fresh air blew in from the open window.
- One day, I came home to find my garage open.
- She has fall asleep with an open book in her lap.
- I'm so sleepy that I can hardly keep my eyes open.
- How late are they open for skiing?
- Some of the royal palaces are open to the public.
- I'm not convinced your idea will work, but I'll keep an open mind for the moment.
- Their love affair is an open secret.
- The argument boiled over into open war.
- The dollar declined on the open market.
- These goods are to be procured through open tender.
- Can you open the bottle with the opener?
- Please open a window to allow the air to circulate.
- You may open a current account at a bank.
- Another supermarket opened last week.
- The shops usually open at nine o'clock.
- The story opens with a snowstorm.
- The book opens with a quotation.
- The Queen opens Parliament.
- In the summer, we camped in the open .
- All of his dealings are in the open.
- Now the scandal is out in the open, the President will have a lot of questions to answer.
- The open wound soon became infected.
- They decided to declare Paris an open city.
- The radio station had an open line on which listeners could call up to discuss various issues.
- The house should fetch 40,000 pounds on the open market.
- She is a very friendly, open person.
- He has an open face.
- The car gathered speed on the open road.
- They are going to build offices in the open space next to our factory.
- The soldiers in the open field were exposed to the enemy's gun-fire.
- The cattle owners let their animals wander across open country, but the farmers railed in their cattle and their land, and this is what caused many bitter fights in the old west.
- This is an open question at the moment.
- The window was open, and the pot just dropped out.
- I didn't have to bribe anyone, it was all open and aboveboard.
- Next day all theatres were open again at the command of the government.
- Is the park still open now?
- It has been decided that the exhibition shall not be open on Sunday.
- Only one lane is open because of the accident.
- The office manager's job is still open after three months.
- The hotel will be open for guests next January.
- The telephone office is open for public business.
- The river is open for navigation.
- The recitation contest is open to all.
- There are few occupations that are open to women in that country.
- The museum has been open to the public.
- The railway will be open to traffic on October 1.
- His ears are open to every idle rumor.
- I'm afraid the position is open to abuse.
- His conduct is open to criticism.
- This question is still open to discussion.
- He is open to advice.
- I am open to conviction.
- He is open to an offer.
- Let's be open with each other.
- I will be open with you about nothing.
- Like many native Italians, my parents were open with their feelings and their love not only at home, but also in public.
- I had all the windows open, but even then the smell was dreadful.
- He pulled the drawer open, and found the news bulletin still hidden in the crack.
- The angry father flung the door open and marched into his daughter's room.
- If you want the cupboard door open all the time, why don't you nail it back?
- Doctors used to cut people open to drain the polluted blood away.
- We've held the job open for him for two weeks now.
- I shall ask Mrs.Braddock to cut the ribbon and declare this firm open.
- The door opened and in walked Mr. Smith.
- The window opened and in came a gentle breeze.
- When does the library open?
- Does the door open inwards or outwards?
- The box won't open.
- Hamlet opens tomorrow.《
- The meeting will open the day after tomorrow.
- Our office opens at 7:30 A.M.
- The exhibition does not open on Sundays.
- His shop is to open next week.
- What time does the building open?
- She promises to come back on time when school opens.
- The trial of the murder opened on January 10th.
- The wound opened under the strain.
- The flowers are opening.
- Flowers opened in early March this year.
- Open the window and let some air into the room.
- We didn't want to open the garden gate in case their dog made for us.
- Shall we open another bottle?
- He opened his mouth to say something, but decided not to.
- Open your mouth and show me your tongue.
- The workers have opened a new road through the forest.
- He is going to open a new shop there.
- The company will open an office in New York.
- Why don't you open an account at the bank?
- The chairman opened the Parliament.
- They opened their eyes at the news.
- He was an open-hearted surgeon and knew how to open his own heart.
- The poor girl opened her mind and told me everything about herself.
- You young people should try to open a prospect by constant endeavor.
- Please open the door for me.
- He opened the way for this comrades-in-arms by sacrificing his own life.
- Soon the door was opened by an old man.
- When the gates of the ground were opened, all the football supporters crowded in.
- The library hasn't opened yet, so I have to hang about here.
- A communication will be opened between the two cities.
- Begun in 1989, the road was fully opened in 1993.
- A park, a library and a swimming pool as well have been opened in this village.
- When the door was opened the wind blew the leaves into the house.
- His understanding wants to be opened.
- Open your mouth wider when you pronounce the note.
- break open
摔破,打开 open sth by force
The bag fell on the floor and broke open.The sweets went everywhere!
包掉在地板上,摔破了。糖撒了一地!break sth ⇔ open
The robber broke open the door.
- fly open
突然打开 come open suddenly
- have〔keep〕 an open mind
愿听取〔接受、考虑〕别人的意见〔想法〕 be willing to listen to or accept new ideas, consider other people's suggestions, etc.
- in the open air
- keep open
使保持分开〔张开〕 make sth remain wide open, apart
The exhibition keeps open on Sundays.
How long do the shops keep open?
商店开门多长时间了?keep sth open
He kept his book open when he was away.
The speaker was so uninteresting that I could hardly keep my eyes open.
Any businessman has to keep his eyes and ears open for a chance of making a profit.
I like to keep my options open.
- remain open
保持开着,继续营业 continue to be wide open, apart, etc.; continue to do business
- with open arms
热情地,衷心地 warmly, heartily
- with open eyes
极注意地; 惊讶地 with eager attention; with surprise
- open at (v.+prep.)
开火 begin shooting at sb
open sth at sth
Please open the book at 11.
请把书翻到11页。open fire at sb
The officer was forced to give orders to open fire at the crowd.
We opened fire at the enemy at dawn.
- open into (v.+prep.)
通入 (of door, etc.) open in an inward direction towards; give entry to a place
open into sth
The two rooms open into each other.
The door opened into a strange little room with no furniture.
- open off (v.+adv.)
通到 have a door leading from sth
open sth ⇔ off
The house has a long narrow hall, with all the downstairs rooms opening off it.
- open on (v.+prep.)
开火 open fire at; begin shooting at sb
open on sth
The windows open on a beautiful view of the lake.
The bedrooms open on the street.
卧室都对着街道。open fire on sb/sth
The gunboat opened fire on the mainland.
The officer gave orders to open fire on the crowd.
- open onto (v.+prep.)
通向; 对着 give a view of sth
open onto sth
The French windows open onto a beautiful old lawn.
Nobody is going to buy a house whose front door opens onto a gas works.
The side gate opens onto a small lane.
- open out (v.+adv.)
This passage opens out somewhere outside the forest.
Looking around from the top, there opened out before us a magnificent landscape that none of us had ever seen.
从顶上环视,展现在我们面前的是我们任何人都不曾见过的壮丽景色。open out into sth
At the foot of the mountain, the river opens out suddenly into a broad estuary.
The street leads outside the city, where it opens out into a 4-lane highway.
Life opens out for a young man when he leaves school.
Many of his talents opened out as he grew in years.
She was a bit shy at first, but after a while she opened out.
She opened out a great deal at the party for a change.
The countryside opens out beyond those trees, and you can see for miles.
As we climbed to the top of the hill, a magnificent view opened out before us.
我们登到山顶时,一片壮丽的景色展现在我们眼前。open sth ⇔ out
He opened out the map and showed me the exact location of the city.
The future opens out a bright prospect for our younger generation.
The buds will open out in a few days.
The flower opened out when the sun came out.
- open to (v.+prep.)
使通车 cause (a railway, highway or a bridge) to become open to traffic or become usable
open sth to sb/sth
She knocked and he opened the door to her.
The newly-built road opened the way to the economic intercourse between the two provinces.
The extensive use of audio-visual aids has opened the way to better results in the teaching of foreign languages.
视听设备的广泛使用为外语教学取得更好的效果成为可能。open sth to sb
Some members have expressed a wish to open Council meetings to the public.
George felt much better after he opened his heart to Jerry.
Girls, in general, open their hearts to their mother(s), not to their father(s).
She opened her heart to the little beggar.
The gardens of the great house will be opened to visitors next week.
这栋大房子的花园下周将对参观者开放。open sth to traffic
In southwest China, a new railway will be opened to traffic.
The new bridge across the Yangtse River is now opened to traffic.
- open up (v.+adv.)
活跃 (especially in sport) become more active; play more actively
Open up!This is the police!
Open up!I'm home.
快开门,我回来了。open sth ⇔ up
My mother went to the front door and opened it up.
The police had to get special permission to open up the grave.
The children were allowed to open up their Christmas presents after breakfast.
When I opened up the package my parents sent me,I saw a beautiful skirt.
We don't open up till 9：30.
我们9：30才开业。open sth ⇔ up
To open up a business is not so easy as to run it well.
The department store is opening up a new branch in one of the smaller towns.
商店正在较小的城镇中开办分店。open sth ⇔ up
In some places there was no way through for the railway line, so new passages had to be opened up with explosives.
有些地方无法铺设铁路线,一些新的路段得用炸药炸开。open sb/sth ⇔ up
The surgeon opened up the patient's stomach to cut out the source of the trouble.
The bullet wound in his shoulder was opened up for treatment.
切开他肩上的枪伤进行治疗。open sth ⇔ up
The pioneers opened up this land over a hundred years ago.
The company has decided to open up this area for business.
The government is hoping to open up new areas of industry to provide employment.
The building of the new road has really opened up the distant areas.
After a while the road opened up and they traveled more quickly.
The State Council are examining possibilities which are opening up in local affairs.
国务院正在考查处理地方事务的可行性。open sth ⇔ up
The story of the hero opened up a new world to me.
Soon after she became successful, all sorts of opportunity began to open up.
Scientific advance has opened up the possibility of curing this dreadful disease.
Einstein's theories opened up a whole new field for study.
We knew that there was no hope left for the town when the big guns opened up.
When they got close to the enemy lines, they opened up with all they had.
The girl decided to open up and tell us everything.
He was silent at first, but soon he opened up and told us about his terrible experiences.
Mary hoped that Kent would open up at once about his visit, but he didn't.
The reporters tried every way to question him about the purpose of his new mission abroad, but he refused to open up.
Once we were on the main road, the car really opened up.
我们上了主路后,汽车才开起来。open sth ⇔ up
Can't you open up the engine a little more?
After a slow start, the team really opened up and hit 180 in two hours.
- open with (v.+prep.)
以…开始 (cause to) start with sth
open sth with sth
Try opening the envelope with your thumbnail.
He opened the bottle with his teeth.
他用牙齿咬开了瓶盖。open with sth
The sentence opens with an adverb.
The concert opened with a lively performance of a piece for two pianos.
The famous play opens with the appearance of a spirit, and closes with the deaths of four people.
该名剧以展现某种精神开始,以四个人的牺牲结束。open sth with sth
The priest opened the service with a prayer.
The first artist opened the concert with a song.
- open admission 开放性注册
- open arms 热烈的欢迎
- open chain 开链
- open championship 公开赛
- open channel 明水道
- open charge 公开指控
- open city 不设防城市
- open classroom 开放课堂
- open competition 公开竞赛
- open country 旷野
- open door 门户开放
- open enrollment 开放性学校
- open face 坦率的面孔
- open field 广阔领域
- open fire 明火
- open gate 敞开的门
- open hand 慷慨施舍
- open heart 坦率之心
- open letter 公开信
- open manner 爽直的态度
- open market 自由市场
- open mind 虚怀若谷
- open port 开放港口
- open price 公开价格
- open roof 露天屋顶
- open sea 公海
- open season 可以公开打猎的季节
- open secret 公开的秘密
- open shop 开放工厂
- open space 空地
- constantly open 经常开放
- continually open 连续开放
- generously open 慷慨大方
- helpfully open 有助于某人的开放
- indulgently open 宽容
- legally open 合法开放
- mysteriously open 秘密开放
- officially open 正式开放
- unconditionally open 无条件开放
- break open 摔破,打开
- fly open 突然打开
- keep open 仍营业,仍开放
- remain open 保持开着,继续营业
- open as the day 光明正大
- open for 对…开放
- open for business 开门营业的
- open into one another (两个房间)是互通的
- open to 愿意考虑…的,对…开放的
- open to discussion 可以讨论
- open to the public 对公众开放的
- open to traffic 通车
- open with 与…坦诚相待
- open a new road 开了一条新路
- open a new shop 开一家新店
- open an account 开户头
- open an office 开设一个办事处
- open floodgates 打开防洪闸
- open one's eyes 睁大眼睛,使某人明白或醒悟
- open one's heart 向人倾吐肺腑之言,向人诉说衷情,同情,慷慨帮助
- open one's mind 对…吐露心意〔真情〕
- open one's mouth 张嘴
- open the company 开公司
- open the door 打开门
- open the window 把窗户打开
- open abundantly 完全打开
- open accidentally 意外开设
- open advantageously 有利地开设
- open apparently 显然开设
- open automatically 自动打开
- open bitterly 充满仇恨地打开
- open carefully 小心翼翼地打开
- open carelessly 粗心地打开
- open cautiously 慎重地打开
- open cleverly 巧妙地开设
- open clumsily 拙劣地打开
- open comfortably 惬意地开设
- open constantly 经常打开
- open contemptuously 傲慢地打开
- open conveniently 方便地打开
- open decisively 果断打开
- open extemporaneously 临时地开设
- open formally 正式地打开
- open generously 慷慨地开设
- open growingly 渐渐打开
- open grudgingly 勉强地打开
- open hospitably 殷勤地打开
- open insistently 紧急地打开
- open legally 合法开设
- open liberally 大量地开设
- open mysteriously 神秘地开设
- open officially 正式地打开
- open openly 公开地打开
- open ostentatiously 炫耀地打开
- open personally 亲自打开
- open prodigiously 奇妙地开设
- open quietly 悄悄地打开
- open reluctantly 勉强地打开
- open scientifically 科学地打开
- open secretly 秘密地打开
- open slowly 慢慢地打开
- open spectacularly 特殊地打开
- open tremulously 大胆地打开
- open unconditionally 无条件地打开
- open unexpectedly 出乎意外地开设
- open unhesitatingly 毫不迟疑地打开
- open untimely 过早地打开
- open villainously 罪恶地开设
- open voluntarily 自愿开设
- open widely 广泛地开设
- open off 通向
- open out 伸展开来,变宽,发展,畅谈,展现,开花
- open up 开门,完全打开,开业,打开,切开,开发,变宽,开火,开诚布公地说,吐露真情
A miner could be seen washing himself in the open on this hot evening.出自： D. H. Lawrence
They would have a fine chance of catching them out in the open.出自： L. McMurtry
The voice of Enid..rang Clear thro' the open casement of the Hall, Singing.出自： Tennyson
Helen has left the hall door propped open.出自： M. Roberts
He lay with his head by the open tent flap.出自： J. Irving
He seemed to be able to speak and scarcely open his lips.出自： J. Braine
Danby opened a door..and marched in.出自： I. Murdoch
She had not allowed the servants to..open the shutters.出自： R. P. Jhabvala
- open作表语时,后面经常跟to或with短语, open在句中还可充当宾语补足语。
- open既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作不及物动词时,多表示某物自身具有打开的性质。在与on, onto等介词连用时,表示“朝着,朝向”; 在与into, off等词连用时,表示“通向,通到,从…通入”。open用作不及物动词时,主动形式可含有被动意义。
- with open arms, with open hands
- with open arms的意思是“热情地”, with open hands则是“花钱大手大脚地”的意思。例如:
- We welcomed these foreign guests with open arms.我们热情地欢迎这些外宾。
- Susan spends her money with open hands.苏珊花钱大手大脚。
- be open, be opened
- be open表示“正开着”这一状态, open是形容词; be opened指“被打开”这一动作, opened是动词open的过去分词。试比较:
- The door is open.
- The door was opened by force.
- open, begin
- open, hold
- 这两个词的词义相近,但并不相同。hold指“举行”会议、会谈、比赛等; 而open则指为大楼等举行揭幕典礼或宣布会议、运动会等开幕。例如:
- They decided to hold a meeting next Tuesday.他们决定下星期二举行一次会议。
- The exhibition will open the day after tomorrow.展览会将在后天开幕。
- open, unfold
- 这两个词都有“打开”的意思,其区别在于：open是把原来封起来的或合起来的东西打开或揭开; 而unfold则是指把原来包起来或卷起来的东西摊开。试比较:
- Please open the envelope and let me read the letter.
- Please unfold the letter and read it for me.
- He opened the door to me.
- He opened the door to let me in.
- He opened the door for me to come in.
- Open your books at page 75.
- Open your books to page 75.
- A new world was opening before him.
- A new world was opening (up) to him.
- I opened the book at this page and saw a picture.
- I opened the book to this page to see the picture.
误 Children are easily open to various influences.
正 Children are open to various influences.
析 be open to本身就是“容易招致或受到…”的意思, easily应删去。这个花园向公众开放。
误 The garden is open for the public.
正 The garden is open to the public.
析 表示“向…开放”时要用be open to,不用be open for。我愿开诚布公地同你谈那件事。
误 I will be open to you about it.
正 I will be open with you about it.
析 表示“对某人坦白,无隐瞒的,开诚布公的”时用open with sb,而不用be open to sb。
误 The library has opened to the public for a year.
正 The library opened to the public a year ago.
正 It is a year since the library opened to the public.
误 John knocked on the door and his grandfather opened.
正 John knocked on the door and his grandfather opened it.
误 Are the shops opened yet?
正 Are the shops open yet?
析 表示一种状态时应该用系表结构be open, open是形容词。那个男孩站在那里,他的眼睛睁得大大的,牙齿紧咬着。
误 The boy stood there, his eyes open wide and his teeth set.
正 The boy stood there, his eyes opened wide and his teeth set.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的openian，意为打开。