institute, enact, or establish;
- The teacher asked the pupil to put his hand down.
- Put down my pen and stop fiddling!
- You went down two blocks and then chickened out.
- I saw that she was right,so I had to back down.
- Then they began to lay their plans.
- He grandly suggested that we sit down to work out a practical solution.
layed lay lay a person under restraint lay someone under a necessity lay an information against sb lay information against sb. Laying of floor cushion board lay oneself open to suspicion Lay this sheet over blanket. lay something in someone's way lay claim to original research laying fabricated strap method