- 抛垂钓鱼钩， 抛出钓丝，垂钓
- 选派...扮演角色， 为选派演员
- vt. & vi. 投,掷,扔 throw; allow to fall or drop
- vt. 投射,加…于 send or add sth to...
- vt. 分配(演戏剧等的)角色 assign the various parts of (a play)
- vt. & vi. 浇铸 shape by pouring or squeezing into a mold to harden
- [C]投,掷,抛,扔 act of throwing sth
- [C]铸造物; 模型 object made by pouring or pressing soft material into a mould
- [C]石膏 a hard stiff protective covering for holding a broken bone in place while it gets better
- [C]演员表,全体演员 all the actors in a play, etc.
- the actors in a play
- container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
- the distinctive form in which a thing is made;
"pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- the visual appearance of something or someone;
"the delicate cast of his features"
- bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal
- object formed by a mold
- the act of throwing dice
- the act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel
- a violent throw
- put or send forth;
"She threw the flashlight beam into the corner"
"The setting sun threw long shadows"
"cast a spell"
"cast a warm light"
"cast a vote"
"cast a ballot"
- select to play,sing, or dance a part in a play, movie, musical, opera, or ballet;
"He cast a young woman in the role of Desdemona"
- throw forcefully
- assign the roles of (a movie or a play) to actors;
"Who cast this beautiful movie?"
- move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment;
"The gypsies roamed the woods"
"the wandering Jew"
"The cattle roam across the prairie"
"the laborers drift from one town to the next"
"They rolled from town to town"
- form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold;
"cast a bronze sculpture"
- get rid of;
"he shed his image as a pushy boss"
"shed your clothes"
- choose at random;
"draw a card"
- formulate in a particular style or language;
"I wouldn't put it that way"
"She cast her request in very polite language"
- eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth;
"After drinking too much, the students vomited"
"He purged continuously"
"The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
- The angler cast her line into the stream.
- The storm cast the little rowboat onto the rocks.
- The two world wars cast a shadow over the people all over the world.
- The metals most frequently cast are iron, steal, aluminum and so on.
- The director began to cast actors for the movie.
- I'll cast up these figures and tell you the total.
- All eyes were cast upon the speaker.
- The sales department have forecasted the expenditure in an approximate way.
- The play succeeded thanks to the wonderful performance of all the cast.
- The cast of the line is crucial to fly fishing.
- The doctor had to hold his broken arm with a plaster cast.
This is a good place to cast.
Iron casts better than copper.
Overheated metal cast badly.
How many times did he cast his net every morning?
He cast the dice.
Tell the foundry to cast another piston.
They have cast the movie.
The director cast leading actors in the play.
I cast John as Li Zicheng.
He was cast for the part of Hamlet.
Ophelia has not been cast.
The statue of Albert Einstein was cast in bronze.
Bronze are now cast into coins.
She cast him a significant smile.
The tree cast us a pleasant shade.
He made a cast with a fishing line.
She makes a plaster cast of a bust of Lincoln.
He's got his leg in a plaster cast.
The cast is/are waiting on the stage.
- cast a cloud over (v.+n.+prep.)
投下阴影 have a depressing influence on sth cast a cloud over sth
His miserable manner cast a cloud over the whole proceedings.他痛苦的样子给整个活动投下了阴影。
His very presence cast a cloud over the meeting.他的到场给这次会议投下了阴云。
- 投下阴影 have a depressing influence on sth cast a cloud over sth
- cast a spell over (v.+n.+prep.)
用符咒迷惑 exert a controlling influence by no obvious means cast a spell over sb
Tina seems able to cast a spell over Terry and get him to do anything she wants.蒂娜似乎能够迷住特里,并随心所欲地支配他。
- 用符咒迷惑 exert a controlling influence by no obvious means cast a spell over sb
- cast about for (v.+adv.+prep.)
寻找; 寻求 look for cast about for sb
The personnel manager has been casting about for somebody who can act as receptionist.人事部经理一直在到处物色接待员的人选。
- 寻找; 寻求 look for cast about for sb
- cast aside (v.+adv.)
抛却,抛弃 throw away; discard cast sb/sth ⇔ aside
You shouldn't cast aside old friends while seeking new ones.你交朋友,可不能喜新厌旧啊!
Don't cast aside those worn-out gloves; they may be used yet if properly mended.不要把那些旧手套扔掉,好好补一补,还可以用嘛!
Cast aside all illusion and go into the battle.丢掉幻想,投入战斗。
You must cast aside all doubts and tackle the job with confidence.你必须消除一切疑虑,充满信心地着手进行这项工作。
- 抛却,抛弃 throw away; discard cast sb/sth ⇔ aside
- cast aspersions on (v.+n.+prep.)
诽谤 make unfavourable comments about cast aspersions on sb/sth
I don't permit to cast aspersions on my friend.我不许你诽谤我的朋友。
You're always casting aspersions on Graham's ability, don't you like him?你总是对格雷厄姆的能力进行诽谤,难道你不喜欢他吗?
- 诽谤 make unfavourable comments about cast aspersions on sb/sth
- cast back (v.+adv.)
回想; 追溯 remember cast back
You only need to cast back a little and you'll remember the event.你只要稍微回想一下,就可以记起那件事。
- 回想; 追溯 remember cast back
- cast doubts on (v.+n.+prep.)
使人对…产生怀疑 make people wonder about the truth of sth cast doubts on sb/sth
The lack of facilities for elderly people has cast doubts on the whole of the redevelopment scheme.整个重建计划缺乏提供给老人们的设施,这使人们对计划产生了怀疑。
- 使人对…产生怀疑 make people wonder about the truth of sth cast doubts on sb/sth
- cast down (v.+adv.)
抛下,丢下 throw down
The enemy cast down their weapons. 敌人扔掉武器。
The manager cast down his newspaper when he saw the quotation of his speech. 当经理看见报上引用了他的讲话时,他把报纸扔掉了。
降低,使向下 turn downward; lower
The little girl cast her eyes down in shame. 那个小女孩害羞地垂下目光。
使沮丧 discourage; depress the spirits
He was cast down by the sad news. 这悲伤的消息使他情绪低落。
Anyone would be cast down by such news as that. 像那样的消息会使任何人感到沮丧。
Sylvia's been cast down ever since her mother became so ill. 自从西尔维亚的母亲病重以来,她一直很沮丧。
In making scientific experiments, one should not be cast down by temporary setbacks. 进行科学实验时,不应因为暂时挫折就垂头丧气。
- 抛下,丢下 throw down
- cast in lot with (v.+prep.+n.+prep.)
与…共命运〔同甘苦〕 agree to share the fate of sb else cast in one's lot with sb
My husband was getting nowhere in his own so he decided to cast in his lot with his former classmate and now they're successfully in business together.我丈夫一个人举足艰难,因此他决定和他的老同学合伙干,现在他们在一起干得很有成就。
- 与…共命运〔同甘苦〕 agree to share the fate of sb else cast in one's lot with sb
- cast light on〔upon〕 (v.+n.+prep.)
弄清楚 make clear cast light on〔upon〕 sth/wh-clause
That information may cast light on the mystery.这项情报可能有助于查明那件疑案。
Can anybody cast light upon how this chair got broken?谁能帮助查清这把椅子坏掉的原因呢?
- 弄清楚 make clear cast light on〔upon〕 sth/wh-clause
- cast off (v.+adv.)
- 〔说明〕 cast off常不用于进行体。
脱下; 解开 take off and throw aside cast off
As soon as the bell rang, the captain gave orders to cast off, and the voyage began.铃一响,船长下令解缆,航行就开始了。cast sth ⇔ off
The fisherman cast off the rope and set the boat adrift.渔夫解开缆绳,让船飘流而去。
Now that the warmer weather has come, we can cast off our winter clothing.既然天气已转暖,我们可以脱掉冬装了。
Without hesitation he cast off his coat and jumped into the water to save the drowning child.他毫不犹豫地把上衣一脱，就跳下水去救那个溺水的小孩。
摆脱; 抛弃 dissociate oneself from; have nothing further to do with cast sb/sth ⇔ off
The millionaire cast off his daughter when she married a poor young man.当那个百万富翁的女儿嫁给一个穷小子时,他断绝了和女儿的关系。
It's about time you cast off that feeling of gloom and began to enjoy yourself.该是你摆脱忧愁的情绪,开始快活的时候了。
He cast off fear and decided to make a try.他摆脱害怕心理,决定试一试。
- cast on (v.+prep.)
扔; 投掷 throw sth on cast sth on sth
The customer cast his money on the counter and left.那位顾客把钱扔在柜台上就离开了。
The storm cast the little boat on the rocks.风暴将那只小船掀到岩石上去了。
How dare you cast reflections on my motives?你竟敢责难我的动机？
- 扔; 投掷 throw sth on cast sth on sth
- cast eyes on〔over〕 (v.+n.+prep.)
浏览一下; 审视 look at quickly; make a quick examination of cast one's eyes on〔over〕 sth
He cast a professional economist's eye on the problem.他以经济学行家的眼光审视这个问题。
She cast her eyes over the paper, pondered, caught the meaning.她把眼光盯在那文件上,思考着,领会着其中的含义。
Tom, cast your eyes over that new stock and make sure it's all there.汤姆,查看一下那批新进的货,确保一件不差。
It isn't enough just to cast your eyes over this blue-print; you should make a careful study of it.这份图纸单是草草过一眼是不够的,你得仔细地推敲推敲。
I'd like you to cast your eyes over this letter before I send it to the school, to see if it's satisfactory.我想让你帮忙看一看这封信写得是不是可以,然后再寄给学校。
- 浏览一下; 审视 look at quickly; make a quick examination of cast one's eyes on〔over〕 sth
- cast one's shadow on〔over〕 (v.+n.+prep.)
挡光线; 使投射阴影 cause sb/sth to be in the shade cast one's shadow on〔over〕 sth
The tree cast its shadow on the window.树影投在窗户上。
Please stand to one side. You're casting your shadow over my work.请你往边上站一站,你挡着我的光线了。
- 挡光线; 使投射阴影 cause sb/sth to be in the shade cast one's shadow on〔over〕 sth
- cast out (v.+adv.)
驱逐出去,赶走 force sb to go out or away ; dismiss cast sb/sth ⇔ out
The Jews cast him out of the temple.犹太人把他赶出了寺庙。常用于 be ～ed 结构
Anybody who dared to oppose the new dictatorship was cast out of his own country.任何敢于反对新专政的人都被驱逐出国。
The dissident was cast out from his country.这位持不同政见者被驱逐出境。
Having repeatedly broken the rules of the game,Williams was cast out from the football club.威廉斯踢足球时因为经常犯规,被开除出足球俱乐部。
- 驱逐出去,赶走 force sb to go out or away ; dismiss cast sb/sth ⇔ out
- cast up (v.+adv.)
计算; 把…加起来 calculate
He cast up his accounts at the end of each day. 每天结束时,他都算一次账。
When I had all the figures,I cast them up. 我得了所有数字后,就把它们加了起来。
冲击 lash; pound
The sea cast up shells on the beach. 海水把贝壳冲到沙滩上来了。
- 计算; 把…加起来 calculate
- cast anchor 抛锚
- cast one's attention 集中注意力
- cast a blame 归咎于(某人)
- cast dice 掷骰子
- cast doubt 引起怀疑
- cast a gloom 使某人忧伤
- cast the lead 投锤(测量水深)
- cast lots 抽签
- cast a new light 有新的认识
- cast pearls before swine 对牛弹琴,明珠暗投
- cast seeds 撒种
- cast a shadow 投下影子
- cast a spear 掷标枪
- cast a stone 扔石头
- cast a vote 投票
- cast actors 分配演员
- cast the leading part to sb 选派某人担任主角
- cast parts to actors 给演员派定角色
- cast the play 为戏剧选派角色
- cast a bell 铸钟
- cast concrete pillars 浇注混凝土
- cast a figure 铸造人像
- cast machine parts 铸造机器零件
- cast a plaster bust 用模型翻制石膏胸像
- cast toys 制玩具
- cast feathers 掉羽毛
- cast fruit 早落果实
- cast hair 脱毛,掉发
- cast horns (动物)掉角
- cast leaves 落叶
- cast a shoe (马)脱落马蹄铁
- cast ashore (海浪把人或物)抛到岸上
- cast away illusions 丢掉幻想
- cast away the money 浪费钱
- cast back 追溯,回想
- cast back past thing 回想起往事
- cast behind 把某事抛在脑后
- cast down 使沮丧,使下降
- cast off 丢弃,摆脱,解缆绳
- cast down by misfortune 因不幸而沮丧
- cast off one's associates 抛弃同事
- cast off one's daughter 与女儿断绝关系
- cast off fear 摆脱恐惧
- cast off prejudice 抛弃偏见
- cast off seven stitches (编结时)收掉7针
- cast on seventy stitches 起70针
- cast out 扔出,驱逐
- cast out devils 驱鬼
- cast over 一直思考
- cast together 在一起演出
- cast up 计算,把…加起来,责备,吐出
- cast up a column of figures 把这串数字加起来
- cast her arms about the child 她拥抱那孩子
- cast a stone against the window 投石击窗
- cast a glance at the headlines 扫了一眼大字标题
- cast sth behind one's back 把某事忘掉; 置之脑后
- cast in a different mould 气质与…不同
- cast in one's father's mould 与其父长得相像
- cast in one's lot with sb 与某人同甘苦(共命运)
- cast in moulds 铸造成形
- cast in the same mould 由同一模子铸出来的; 有相同性格
- cast in silver 用银铸成
- cast into the shade 使黯然失色
- cast metal into coins 用金属铸造硬币
- cast on sb 归咎于某人
- cast on sth 把注意力放在某事上
- cast oneself on 委身于,依赖
- cast herself on the sofa 她躺在沙发上
- cast a reflection on 谴责…
- cast reflections on one's motives 指责某人的动机
- cast a slur on sb's reputation 诽谤某人
- cast a spell on sb (用魔力)慑住某人
- capable cast 有才能的演员
- frivolous cast 轻浮的人
- serious cast 一本正经的人
- supporting cast 配角
- all-star cast 全由名角组成的阵容
- original cast 最初的演员表
- within a stone's cast of 离…不到一箭之地
He was withdrawen from them about a stones cast.出自：Bible (AV): Luke
Their clothes, their arms, are staked..upon a single cast.出自：W. Robertson
As the hare doubled the leader killed it with a javelin cast.出自：R. Graves
Hee that is without sinne among you, let him first cast a stone at her.出自：Bible (AV): King John
The wind blowing strongly, we were cast upon the shoales..of Mozambique.出自：T. Herbert
Never cast Water on things newly planted.出自：Evelyn
Tomorrow or the next day would see fate cast the dicesliberty or prison.出自：C. S. Forester
The tree cast us a pleasant shade.
- cast about表示“到处搜寻”，而cast doubt on表示“质疑”。
- cast还可以作“分配演戏剧等的角色”解,其后接sb as sb 或for sb。
- cast, fling, hurl, pitch, throw, toss
- throw cast fling heave hurl pitch toss
错句：he cast doubt about the press system of self-regulation.
纠正：he cast doubt on the press system of self-regulation.
分析：cast about指“到处搜寻”，cast doubt on才是“质疑”。
- ☆ 14世纪初期英进入语，直接源自古北欧语的kasta，意为投，扔；最初源自古英语的weorpan，意为弯曲，转动。
- dramatis personae剧中人
- tint 色彩
- puke <口>呕吐
- be sick呕吐
- throw up呕吐
- throw away扔掉
- spue 吐出
- plaster bandage石膏绷带
- shake off摆脱
- throw off抛弃
- cast off遗弃
- vomit up呕吐
- cast:CAST： 声优，即配音演员。 相关条目 音乐 科学技术 教育电影…