- n. 形状；形式；身材；定形
- vt. 塑造；定形；使 ... 成形
- （=Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers in Europe）欧洲盟军最高司令部
- 使成形， 使成为…形状，做成某物的形状
- [C] [U] 外形,形状,样子 outer form or appearance; outline of an area, a figure, etc.
- [U] 情况,状况,状态 condition; health; state; effectiveness
- vt. & vi. 制成某种形状 make in a particular form
- vt. & vi. 影响(…的形态等),决定(…的进程等) influence and fix the course or form of
any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline);
"he could barely make out their shapes"
the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance;
"geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
alternative names for the body of a human being;
"Leonardo studied the human body"
"he has a strong physique"
"the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept;
"a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life"
the visual appearance of something or someone;
"the delicate cast of his features"
the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
a perceptual structure;
"the composition presents problems for students of musical form"
"a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
shape or influence; give direction to;
"experience often determines ability"
"mold public opinion"
make something, usually for a specific function;
"She molded the rice balls carefully"
"Form cylinders from the dough"
"shape a figure"
"Work the metal into a sword"
give shape or form to;
"shape the dough"
"form the young child's character"
- This island is triangular in shape.
- I'm having trouble giving shape to my ideas in this essay.
- John: Well, I'm a bit out of shape and I was thinking of joining your gym.
- In the process it became less amorphous in shape.
- It was the Greeks who shaped the thinking of Western man.
- Mark didn't shape up until he was thirty years old.
- The metal in the mould hardened into shape.
- Our plan is beginning to take shape.
- The picture is round in shape.
- That cloud has a strange shape.
- Dough can be kneaded into any shape.
- What shape is it?
- It's the right size but the wrong shape.
- An elephant is different from a tiger in shape.
- That woolen shirt has been washed twenty times and yet it still keeps its shape.
- The shape of this leaf is unusual.
- What's the shape of his nose?
- In the dim candle light I just caught sight of a vague shape at the door.
- We saw a shape through the mist but we couldn't see who it was.
- The shapes faded into the night.
- Your whole shape shows when you stand against the light.
- A grim mysterious shape stalked towards me.
- Strange shapes could be seen in the fog.
- He saw only the dark shapes of trees on the river bank.
- The poet's dreams find a shape in his poetry.
- My ideas have now assumed a definite shape.
- What sort of shape is he in after shape.
- What shapes is the team in after its defeat?
- Have some more shape.
- Clay shapes easily.
- The girl is shaping satisfactorily.
- The young soldiers who arrived last month are shaping nicely.
- His plan is shaping well.
- Our holiday plans are shaping well.
- He was shaping an apple.
- The carpenter is shaping a piece of wood.
- The blacksmith shaped a horseshoe on his anvil.
- The potter carefully shaped the vase.
- The bird shaped its nest from mud and sticks.
- Can they shape public opinion?
- He is a powerful person who can shape events .
- A good teacher helps shape a child's character.
- The time at school shapes one's future.
- This event shaped his whole life.
- It is shaped like bell.
- That hat is shaped to fit her head.
- This dress is shaped at the waist and doesn't need a belt.
- get〔knock,lick〕 sb/sth into shape
使某事物〔某人〕有条理,恰当地安排某事物〔某人〕 get sb/sth into an orderly state; arrange sth/sb properly
get oneself into shape
I've been jogging a lot to get myself into shape.
我长期慢跑锻炼身体。get〔knock,lick〕 sb/sth into shape
We need a new manager to get the business into shape.
With a few days' more work I shall get it into shape.
A sergeant soon knocks new recruits into shape.
- give shape to
清晰地表达 express sth clearly
- in any shape or form
任何形式 in whatever form sth appears or is presented
- in shape
- in the shape of
以某人〔某事物〕的形式 appearing speci-fically as sb/sth
- out of shape
不健康 unfitTake exercise if you're out of shape.身体不好就要锻炼。
- take shape
成形,变得有条理 take on a definite form; become more organized
- shape into (v.+prep.)
使成为; (把…)做成…形状 form into
shape into sth
He will shape into an excellent basketball player.
他会成长为一个优秀的篮球运动员。shape sth into sth
The children enjoyed shaping the snow into figures of people and animals.
It's difficult to know how best to shape these ideas into an article.
It is shaped into a basin-like form.
- shape to (v.+prep.)
使合体; 相适应 be fit for; be suitable to
be shaped to sth
Her dress is shaped to her figure.
The fashion at the time was for garments to be shaped to the upper part of the body.
The educational system should be shaped to the needs of the children, not to politicians' ideas.
- shape up (v.+adv.)
改进,顺利发展 begin to act or work right; get along satisfactorily
If the new boy doesn't begin to shape up soon, he'll have to leave school.
You'd better shape up, young man, if you want to get anywhere in this job!
- assume shape 成形
- beat into shape 敲打成形
- change shape 改变形状
- gather shape 成形
- get one's idea into shape 理清思路
- give shape to 使…具体化,使…成形
- give shape to a plan 使计划形成
- give shape to idea 有条理地表达出意思
- have the shape of 呈…的形状
- hold shape 保持体形
- keep in shape 保持体形
- lose shape 走样
- see a shape 看到一个人影
- settle into shape 有头绪
- show a shape 呈现出一种形状
- take shape 成形
- take on the shape 正在形成
- abnormal shape 畸形
- bad shape 状况不佳
- beautiful shape 美丽的外形
- definite shape 一定的形状
- different shapes 各种形式
- fantastic shapees 种种奇怪的形状
- good shape 状况良好
- great shape 身段很好
- huge shape 巨大的影像
- normal shape 正常的形态
- round shape 圆形
- vague shape 模糊的形状
- various shapes 各种形式
- in shape 在外形上,处于…状况
- in the shape of an invitation to dinner 以请吃饭的方式
- in all shapes and sizes 大大小小的形状
- in any shape or form 任何形式的
- clouds of different shape 各种形状的云彩
- out of shape 不成样子
- shape of a cat 猫的形状
- shape of a horseshoe 马蹄形
- shape of a semicircle 半圆形
- shape of the letter U U 字形
- shape of things to come 未来的发展情况
- the odd shape of sb's nose 鼻子怪模样
- shape a dress to sb's figure 做得很合身的衣服
- shape one's course 确定方向,计划路线
- shape one's course to modernization 拟定现代化的方针
- shape one's plans 制订计划
- shape adroitly 熟练地制成(某种)形状
- shape affectionately 深情地制成(某种)形状
- shape conveniently 简单地制成(某种)形状
- shape conventionally 按常规制成(某种)形状
- shape deftly 巧妙地制成(某种)形状
- shape delicately 微妙地制成(某种)形状
- shape gracefully 优雅地制成(某种)形状
- shape gradually 渐渐地制成(某种)形状
- shape jubilantly 兴高采烈地制成(某种)形状
- shape manfully 果断地制成(某种)形状
- shape professionally 在行地制成(某种)形状
- shape quaintly 古雅地制成(某种)形状
- shape skillfully 技术高超地制成(某种)形状
- shape spectacularly 引人入胜地制成(某种)形状
- shape unconditionally 毫无条件地制成(某种)形状
He hears quick footstepssa shape flits by.出自： J. G. Whittier
I was shapen in iniquitie.出自：Bible (AV): Psalms
- shape作名词，在美式英语中指“情况”，现在也用于英式英语，如in bad shape，in better shape，in fair shape，in good shape等；
My desk is (of) the same shape as yours.
- shape, fashion, forge, mould
- 1.用于具体物品时, shape常指用刀具切削; mould指用模具铸造或冲压; forge指加热后锤锻; fashion指用手或简单工具把某种物品制成一新物品。
- 2.用于抽象事物时, shape强调后果; mould常指培养塑造人的思想、性格等; forge指花费巨大劳动,克服困难后所达到的成就; fashion也有培养塑造的意思,可与mould, shape互换。
- 3.forge的材料一般是金属; shape, mould, fashion的材料可以是金属,也可以是黏土、塑料等其他材料。
- 4.shape强调制成某种特殊形状; forge, mould和fashion强调制成某种新物品。
- The presses moulded the car bodies.压床压制出汽车模型。
- The figure of a man has been moulded.人像已塑造成了。
- The climate moulds his character.这种气候养就了他的性格。
- A bayonet blade is forged from the finest steel.刺刀刃是用最优质的钢锻造的。
- They forged pieces for a wrought-iron railing.他们将生铁块锻造成熟铁棒。
- The poem is forged in the brain.诗歌是在头脑中酝酿而成的。
- She fashioned a necklace from paper clips.她用曲别针做成项链。
- We can fashion the dress to your figure.我们能把这件衣服做得合你的身。
- He fashioned a talented amateur into a brilliant actor.他将一个有才华的业余艺术爱好者培养成了卓越的演员。
- shape, figure, form
- form可特指某事物的具体组成结构、形式、体制; 而shape则强调人或物的整个外形,还可特指模糊的、朦胧的形状; 当指人的体形时, form强调“体形,躯体”; figure指人体外部线条构成的“轮廓”; shape强调“身影”; form还可指诗、文、曲的体裁、格式,而shape不能这样用。例如:
- My garden is in the shape of a square.我的园子是方形的。
- There were clouds of different shapes.有各种形态的云。
- I made out two dim shapes in the dark.黑暗中我隐约辨出两个模糊的影子。
- The figure of a girl fills out at puberty.姑娘的身段在青春期变得丰满起来。
- The gown showed off her lovely figure.那件睡衣显露出她优美的身段。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的scanpan；最初源自古日耳曼语的skapjanan，意为产生，命中注定。
- shapeless adj. 无定形的;不成形的;样子不好看的;结构混乱的;条理不清的‖shapely adj. 〈正，褒〉(尤指女人的身材或腿)样子好的；匀称的