- 间接探听，（企图用不正当手段）攫取，转弯抹角地引出（常与 for连用）
- [C]鱼 cold-blooded animal living in water and breathing through gills, with fins and a tail for swimming
- [U]鱼肉 flesh of fish eaten as food
- vt. & vi. 捕鱼; 钓鱼 try to catch fish in a piece of water
- vt. & vi. 摸出,掏出 bring up
- any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills;
"the shark is a large fish"
"in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
- the flesh of fish used as food;
"in Japan most fish is eaten raw"
"after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat"
"they have a chef who specializes in fish"
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- the twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20
- seek indirectly;
"fish for compliments"
- catch or try to catch fish or shellfish;
"I like to go fishing on weekends"
- We caught three little fishes.
- The fish plopped back into the river.
- Meat and fish are often kept in cold storage.
- Pug did believe he hadn't played this particular fish.
- The beach is a good place to fish from.
- They stood on the river bank to fish.
- Have you a permit to fish in the lake?
- He fished in his pocket for the key.
The best fish swim near the bottom.
Is a turtle a fish?
At last,we caught three little fish for our soup.
What kind of fish is this?
He found some dead fish beside the sea.
There weren't any fish in the net.
The little boy caught a fish.
They caught a lot of fishes but I didn't catch one.
These fishes are found only in the ocean.
We'll go and look at the fishes in the aquarium next Sunday.
Fish was the last course that day.
Will you have a little more fish?
I like fish better than meat.
Help yourself to some fish.
I like fishing.
I go fishing every weekend.
During the rest of the time they fished or swam.
Every morning he went out early to fish.
The stream fishes well.
She was fishing around in her handbag trying to find the key.
Don't fish the pool.
They were fishing the mouth of the river.
This river has been fished too much.
- an odd fish
古怪的人,难以理解的人 eccentric person, person whom others find hard to understand
He's a bit of an odd fish—he's never been out of his house for years. 他这个人很古怪——多年来深居简出。
- 古怪的人,难以理解的人 eccentric person, person whom others find hard to understand
- fish out of water
因环境不熟悉而感到不舒服或尴尬的人 person who feels unfamiliar with surroundings
With my working-class background I feel like a fish out of water among these people. 我出身于工人阶级,在这些人中感到很不自在。
- 因环境不熟悉而感到不舒服或尴尬的人 person who feels unfamiliar with surroundings
- fish for (v.+prep.)
捕鱼 catch fish
It is no use fishing for trout in this river, there are none left. 这条河里捕不到鲑鱼了,连一条也没有了。
摸索着找 search for by touch
He fished for a coin in his pocket. 他在口袋里摸着找一枚硬币。
Blinded by the steam, he had to fish for the soap in his bath. 水汽遮住了视线,他在浴室内只得四处摸着找肥皂。
间接打听,探听 get sth indirectly
Despite his pleasant manner,I suspected he was fishing for information about the decisions made at the board meeting. 尽管他的态度讨人喜欢,可我怀疑他是在打听关于董事会的决定的消息。
Mind you, they're here to fish for information. 当心,他们是来探听消息的。
From the way he spoke I could tell he didn't know and was just fishing for information. 从他说话的方式看,我可以看出他并不知道,只不过是刺探情报。
Are you fishing for a job? 你在找工作吗?
尽力想出 try to find out in one's mind
After fishing for the right word,I decided to look up in the dictionary. 我想尽办法来找一个合适的词,最后还是决定查查字典。
- 捕鱼 catch fish
- fish in (v.+prep.)
在…捕鱼 catch fish in some place fish in sth
You're not allowed to fish in this part of the river without special permission.未经特殊许可,这段河中禁止捕鱼。
- 在…捕鱼 catch fish in some place fish in sth
- fish out (v.+adv.)
从水中捞出来 bring up from water
They fished the boat out of the water. 他们从水里打捞起那只船。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The boy fell into the lake and had to be fished out of the water. 这男孩掉到湖里了,得把他救上来。
摸出,掏出 bring up
She fished out a bunch of keys from her handbag. 她从提包里掏出一串钥匙来。
He fished out a map from his pocket and studied it. 他从口袋里掏出一张地图来查看。
He fished out a coin from his pocket. 他从衣袋里掏出一枚硬币。
His mother fished a key out of her pocket and handed it to him. 他母亲从衣袋里摸出一把钥匙来递给他。
把…中的鱼捕尽 catch all fish
The stream is completely fished out. 那条溪里的鱼被捕完了。
This lake has been fished out, let's try the river. 这个湖中的鱼已被捕光了,我们到河里去捕吧。
- 从水中捞出来 bring up from water
- fish up (v.+adv.)
掏出 bring up
She can use this word to a mother holding her baby, or to a lonely salesman fishing up pictures of his family. 她可以对一个怀抱婴儿的母亲或者对一个从身上掏出全家照以消除寂寞的推销员用上这个词。
找到… find out
Where did you fish that idea up? 你怎么想到这个主意的?
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The proof was fished up from some old papers. 校样在旧文件中被找到了。
- 掏出 bring up
- breed fish 养鱼
- buy fish 买鱼
- catch fish 扑鱼,抓住鱼
- cook fish 烹鱼
- cure fish (用腌、熏、晒、烤等方法)加工储存鱼
- eat fish 吃鱼
- feed fish 喂鱼,葬身鱼腹,晕船
- fry fish 煎鱼,炸鱼
- hook a fish 钓鱼
- net fish 用网捕鱼
- raise fish 养鱼
- sell fish 卖鱼
- steam the fish 蒸鱼
- have other fish to fry 另有他图
- land (a) fish 如愿到手,如愿以偿
- big fish 大鱼
- boned fish 去刺的鱼
- bony fish 多刺的鱼
- cold fish 冷漠的人,不合群的人
- cooked fish 做熟的鱼
- dead fish 死鱼
- deep-sea fish 深海鱼
- dressed fish 除去了内脏的鱼
- dried fish 干鱼
- fresh fish 鲜鱼
- fresh-caught fish 刚刚捕到手的鱼
- little fish 小鱼
- live fish 活鱼
- loose fish 放荡鬼
- poor fish 可怜虫
- queer fish 怪癖的人
- salt fish 咸鱼
- smoked fish 熏鱼
- food fish 食用鱼
- fresh water fish 淡水鱼
- game fish 供捕钓的鱼
- lake fish 湖鱼
- river fish 河鱼
- salt water fish 咸水鱼
- sea fish 海鱼
- table fish 食用鱼
- a good catch of fish 捕获大量的鱼
- a school of fish 一群鱼
- drink like a fish 牛饮,大口大口地喝酒
- like a fish out of water 如鱼离水,不适应
- fish contentedly 高兴地钓鱼
- fish intently 专心地钓鱼
- fish placidly 静静地钓鱼
- fish around 翻来翻去
- fish out 从水中把…捞出
- fish out from 从…里捞出
- fish up 从…里拖出
Would a hundred fish do you?..Would it be enough for the bus?出自：R. Jessup
This waterside, where he had fished for gudgeon as a child.出自：C. Stead
- a piece of fish表示“一块鱼肉”, a fish有时也可表示“一类鱼”。
- go fishing这一短语中的fishing是分词还是动名词,没有定论。有些人认为go fishing与come running和stand looking同形, running, looking被看作分词,因此fishing也是分词; 但在现在方言中有I go a fishing.这里的fishing具有名词形式,当为动名词。
- fish, angle
- Do you often go fishing?
- He loves to go angling on a fine summerday.
- go fishing, go in for fishing
这两个短语的意思不同:go fishing的意思是“去钓鱼”,指娱乐活动; go in for fishing的意思是“从事渔业”,指职业。例如:He used to go fishing on Sundays.他过去每逢星期天都去钓鱼。He goes in for fishing.他以捕鱼为生。
误 Fish and chips are getting very expensive.
正 Fish and chips is getting very expensive.
误 There is several fish in the lake.
正 There are several fishes in the lake.
误 I often go to fish at weekends.
正 I often go fishing at weekends.
析 表示“去钓鱼”要用go fishing,不能用go to fish。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fsic，意为鱼。
- fish:fish提起fish，它给人们的第一印象便是指“鱼”，实际上它的用法并非如此简单。fish用作可数名词指“鱼的条数”时单数和复数形式相同（two fish两条鱼），指“鱼的种类”时复数形式才为fish…