- vt. 掷；轻击；弹
- vi. 翻转
- n. （跳水或体操动作中的）空翻；轻弹；浏览
- adj. 无礼的；冒失的；轻率的
- vt. & vi. 捻,轻抛〔扔〕 toss with a sharp movement of the thumb and forefinger
- vi. 发疯,失去理智 become mad
an acrobatic feat in which the feet roll over the head (either forward or backward) and return
hot or cold alcoholic mixed drink containing a beaten egg
a sudden, quick movement;
"with a flip of the wrist"
"the fish flipped over"
the act of flipping a coin
a dive in which the diver somersaults before entering the water
(sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team;
"the pass was fumbled"
marked by casual disrespect;
"a flip answer to serious question"
"the student was kept in for impudent behavior"
lightly throw to see which side comes up;
"I don't know what to do--I may as well flip a coin!"
cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation;
"switch on the light"
"throw the lever"
look through a book or other written material;
"He thumbed through the report"
"She leafed through the volume"
toss with a sharp movement so as to cause to turn over in the air
cause to move with a flick;
"he flicked his Bic"
throw or toss with a light motion;
"flip me the beachball"
"toss me newspaper"
move with a flick or light motion
turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse;
"flip over the pork chop"
"turn over the pancakes"
react in an excited, delighted, or surprised way;
"he flipped when he heard that he was accepted into Princeton University"
go mad, go crazy;
"He flipped when he heard that he was being laid off"
reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- Let's flip a coin to see who goes first.
- Kids flip frisbees while their elders chat.
- He flipped a crumb across the room.
- She flipped the insect from her face.
- He flipped to a fresh page and began to write.
- The plane nearly flipped when it landed.
- The fish flipped on the deck.
- The gymnast had to do a double back flip.
- He did a flip after spinning around the high bar.
- He removed the crumb with a flip of the thumb and the forefinger.
- I had a quick flip through the book and it looked very interesting.
- Don't be flip with me.
- I don't want a flip answer to a serious question.
- The carter flipped at the horse with his whip.
- The twig flipped back and scratched his face.
- I knew you'd flip when you saw my new car.
- My brother really flipped when I told him I'd smashed up his car.
- They flipped a coin to decide who would go first.
- Bill flipped a whip.
- flip off (v.+prep.)
(用手指)轻弹 tap sharply as with the nail of the finger or thumb
flip sth off sth
He flipped the ash off his cigarette.
- flip out (v.+adv.)
精神失常; 发疯 lose one's mind
It is impossible to talk to him today; he must have flipped out.
This is a hospital where people who have flipped out can stay and get treatment.
- flip over (v.+adv.)
突然翻转 turn (sth) upside down suddenly
flip sth ⇔ over
She flipped an egg over in the pan.
The pages of the magazine flipped over in the breeze.
He flipped the envelope over to see who it had come from.
- flip through (v.+prep.)
匆匆查看 read (a book, etc.) quickly and carelessly
flip through sth
I haven't read the book properly,I just flipped through it to see what it was like.
He flipped through the papers but could not find what he was looking for.
The..flips which we poor women have to endure from harsh masters.出自： W. Besant
The word 'schizophrenia' is flung about today with flip facility.sssss J. le Carr&eacusc;出自：Times , ssss
Viciously flipping at the flowers..with the stick he carried.出自： S. Grand
- flip可指下列动作:①快速捻转(硬币等); ②向上轻抛; ③用指轻弹; ④用鞭抽打; ⑤翻动书页; ⑥急拉鱼饵; ⑦翻转某物等等,含有突然、急速的意味,引申可指“失去理智”“精神失常”。
- toss 投掷
- flick 快速的轻打
- turn over 滚动
- flippant 轻率的
- flip-flop 夹趾拖鞋
- casual 非正式的
- somersault 跟斗
- joking 戏谑的
- dismissive 表示拒绝或放弃的...
- jokey 好开玩笑的
- lose your temper 发脾气(发怒)...
- explode 爆炸
- see red 大怒
- handspring 翻筋斗
- cartwheel (体操动作)侧身翻跟头...
- vault 窖
- throw 扔
- pitch 球场
- sling 投掷
- fling 投
- cast 掷
- hurl 用力投掷
- jerk 急动
- snap 劈啪作响
- flip out 精神错乱
- switch 转换
- summersault 翻筋斗
- thumb 拇指
- snotty-nosed 流鼻涕的; 被鼻涕弄脏的...
- somersaulting 动词somersault...
- flip over 翻过来
- somerset 翻筋斗
- riffle 急流
- leaf 页
- interchange 交换
- summerset 翻筋斗
- impudent 无礼的
- alternate 交替
- sky 天空
- pass 通过
- twitch 急拉
- tack 大头钉
- insolent 粗野的
- riff 即兴重复段