- [C] 邮票,印花 a small usually four sided piece of paper sold by post offices in various values for sticking on a letter, parcel, etc. to be posted
- [C] 印,图章 an instrument or tool for pressing or printing onto a surface
- [C] 标志,印记 a mark or pattern made by this
- [C] 跺脚,顿足 an act of stamping, especially with the foot
- vt. & vi. 顿足 put one's foot down with force
- vt. 踏平 flatten by putting (one's foot) down with force
- vt. 印…于…上 print design, lettering, the date, etc. on paper, cloth or other surface
- vt. 标出 mark out
- vt. 铭记 impress
- the distinctive form in which a thing is made;
"pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- a type or class;
"more men of his stamp are needed"
- a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving;
"he put his stamp on the envelope"
- a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid
- something that can be used as an official medium of payment
- a small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid
- machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores
- a block or die used to imprint a mark or design
- a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
- walk heavily;
"The men stomped through the snow in their heavy boots"
- to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something;
"a man whose name is permanently stamped on our maps"
- reveal clearly as having a certain character;
"His playing stamps him as a Romantic"
- affix a stamp to;
"Are the letters properly stamped?"
- treat or classify according to a mental stereotype;
"I was stereotyped as a lazy Southern European"
- destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot;
"Stamp fascism into submission"
"stamp out tyranny"
- form or cut out with a mold, form, or die;
- crush or grind with a heavy instrument;
"stamp fruit extract the juice"
- raise in a relief;
- My husband is a stamp collector.
- He is looking for his rubber stamp.
- Please bring a photograph of yourself.We have to affix a stamp on the corner of it.
- His face bears the stamp of suffering.
- Your stamp of impatience won't give me a scare.
- She stamped on the insect and killed it.
- The immigration officer stamped my passport.
She licked the stamp and stuck it on the envelope.
Will you oblige me with a stamp?
The government issues money and stamps.
This old stamp isn't sticky any more; I shall have to gum it down onto the envelope.
He eased the stamp off carefully.
The machine gummed the back of stamps.
Make sure the stamp is properly glued to the envelope.
He gathered me some good stamps.
I need one more stamp before my collection is complete.
Compared with what he had already, the new stamps were not very interesting.
The post office cancels the stamps on a letter.
Attach a stamp to the envelope and mail it.
He occupied himself in collecting stamps.
They seem interested in collecting stamps.
How long has Jim gone in for collecting stamps?
I like collecting stamps very much, and I've also collected many foreign stamps.
He fools away so much time on his stamp collection that he never gets anything done.
This is a rubber stamp.
None are genuine without our stamp.
I don't much like books of that stamp.
She is the women of a different stamp.
These works have the classic stamp upon them.
These idioms give the language a native stamp.
His face bears the stamp of suffering.
He gave a stamp of impatience.
We are stamping the letter.
I've addressed the envelope but haven't stamped it.
The girl forgot to stamp my library book.
You must stamp these letters before you post them.
The horse stamped the ground nervously.
We stamped the ground to keep our feet warm.
The letter is insufficiently stamped.
What he did will always be stamped.
She stamped the document “secret”.
His speech stamps him as a man of education.
His words stamped him to be a bigot.
His manners stamped him a military man.
The boy stamped the egg flat.
They stamped the soil flat.
- stamp down( v.+adv. )
踩扁 flatten by putting (one's foot) down with force stamp sb/sth ⇔ down
His horse stamped down some of the enemies.他的马把几个敌人踩倒在地。
He put the cardboard boxes in a heap and stamped them down.他把纸板箱堆成一堆,将它们踩扁。
- 踩扁 flatten by putting (one's foot) down with force stamp sb/sth ⇔ down
- stamp on〔upon〕( v.+prep. )
踩在…上 put the feet heavily on top of (usually sth) stamp on〔upon〕 sth
I am sorry I stamped on your foot.对不起踩了你的脚。
He stamped on the spider.他用劲踩那只蜘蛛。
Please stamp upon that insect for me!请替我踩死那只虫子。
He stamped hard on the ground.他狠狠地跺了跺地。
把…打在〔印在〕…上 mark the shape of (sth such as a word) on (a surface) by pressing or printing stamp sth on〔upon〕 sth
This machine stamps the date on the paper.这机器可以把日期印在纸上。用于 be ～ed 结构
His name was stamped on the case.箱子上印有他的名字。
拒绝… discourage (sth such as an idea) firmly and actively stamp on〔upon〕 sth
We told him our idea, but he just stamped on it.我们告诉了他我们的想法,但他断然拒绝了。
No teacher should stamp upon a child's idea without considering it fairly.未经考虑之前,任何老师都不应该给孩子的想法泼冷水。用于 be ～ed 结构
The students' suggestion must be stamped on before it becomes a threat.在学生们的提议构成威胁前必须予以制止。
- 踩在…上 put the feet heavily on top of (usually sth) stamp on〔upon〕 sth
- stamp out( v.+adv. )
〈非正〉扑灭,毁掉 destroy sthDo you think this new law will stamp out the illegal drugs trade?你认为这项新法令会消灭非法毒品交易吗?
The invaders were stamped out at length. 入侵者终于被消灭了。
The fire in the grass was stamped out. 草地上的火被扑灭了。
冲压成型 give shape to sth with a die or cutterThe machine can stamp out hundreds of components in an hour.这台机器每小时可冲压数百件机件。
It is easy to stamp out a car body nowadays. 现在冲压一台轿车车身已经很容易了。
- 〈非正〉扑灭,毁掉 destroy sthDo you think this new law will stamp out the illegal drugs trade?你认为这项新法令会消灭非法毒品交易吗?
- stamp with( v.+prep. )
把…印在…上 mark sth with sth (such as a word) by pressing or printingHe stamped the paper with the date.他把日期印在了文件上。
The library book is stamped with the date by which it must be returned. 图书馆的书籍都盖上还书日期。
在…上贴邮票 place postage stamps on (an envelope, parcel, etc.)用于 be ～ed 结构
All letters must be stamped with the correct postage. 任何信件都应该按所需邮资贴邮票。
- 把…印在…上 mark sth with sth (such as a word) by pressing or printingHe stamped the paper with the date.他把日期印在了文件上。
- buy a stamp 买邮票
- cancel a stamp 用邮戳盖销邮票
- collect stamps 集邮
- design a stamp 设计邮票
- display stamps 展览邮票
- exchange stamps 交换邮票
- moisten a stamp 沾湿邮票
- put a stamp on 把邮票贴到…
- sell a stamp 卖邮票
- bear the stamp of 带有…印迹
- give a stamp with one's foot 跺脚
- beautiful stamp 美丽的邮票
- expensive stamp 贵重的邮票,面值大的邮票
- new stamp 新邮票
- nice stamp 好看的邮票
- old stamp 旧邮票
- rare stamp 稀有的邮票,珍贵的邮票
- special stamp 特种邮票
- valuable stamp 宝贵的邮票,很有价值的邮票
- official stamp 官印
- airmail stamp 航空邮票
- food stamp 美国联邦政府发给贫民的粮票
- tax stamp 印花税票
- trading stamp 〈美〉商品中附带的赠券
- rubber stamp 橡皮印章
- a book of stamps 一本邮票
- a roll of stamps 一卷邮票
- a sheet of stamps 一版邮票
- without stamp 未盖戳记的
- with a stamp of impatience 不耐烦地一跺脚
- stamp hard 狠狠地跺脚
- stamp angrily 愤怒地跺脚
- stamp importantly 着重标出
- stamp indelibly 永远铭记
- stamp nervously 紧张地踩
- stamp strongly 明显地标明
- stamp down 踩扁
- stamp out 扑灭
You can see on the back of the canvas the stamp of the Berlin National Gallery.出自：J. Archer
Imagine a boot stamping on a human face.出自：G. Orwell
All these qualities stamp him as a perfect writer.
- stamp可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,后可接名词或代词作宾语,有时可接双宾语,还可接以“(to be/as+) n./adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。可用于被动结构。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的stempan，意为在研中钵捣，踩踏。
- STAMP:Space Technology and Analysis and Mission Planning空间技术和分析和任务规划
- STAMP:Special Team for Amputation Mobility and Prosthetics/Orthotics特别小组,流动性和修复/ Orthotics截肢
- STAMP:Survivors Take Action Against Abuse by Military Personnel幸存者被提起诉讼的军事人员
- stamp:stamp n. 邮票, 印花, 印, 图章, 标志, 印记, 跺脚, 顿足v. 跺(脚), 顿(足), 压印 英英解释:名词stamp:1. a token that postal fees hav…