- 排， 行
- 射程为， 散布（子弹）能打到，投射范围有
- 绵亘， 延伸，连绵
- [S]一系列 line or series of things
- [S][U]变化幅度,范围; 领域 distance between limits
- [S][U]射程,距离 the distance that a gun can fire
- [C](山)脉 a connected line of mountains, hills, etc.
- [C]靶场,射击场 an area where shooting is practised
- vi. 变化 vary between limits; reach from one limit to another
- vt. 排列 put in position or order, especially in lines or rows; arrange
- vi. & vt. 漫游,徘徊 wander freely
- an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control:
"the range of a supersonic jet"
"a piano has a greater range than the human voice"
"the ambit of municipal legislation"
"within the compass of this article"
"within the scope of an investigation"
"outside the reach of the law"
"in the political orbit of a world power"
- the limits within which something can be effective;
"range of motion"
"he was beyond the reach of their fire"
- a large tract of grassy open land on which livestock can graze;
"they used to drive the cattle across the open range every spring"
"he dreamed of a home on the range"
- a series of hills or mountains;
"the valley was between two ranges of hills"
"the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
- a place for shooting (firing or driving) projectiles of various kinds;
"the army maintains a missile range in the desert"
"any good golf club will have a range where you can practice"
- a variety of different things or activities;
"he answered a range of questions"
"he was impressed by the range and diversity of the collection"
- (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined;
"the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers"
- the limit of capability;
"within the compass of education"
- a kitchen appliance used for cooking food;
"dinner was already on the stove"
- change or be different within limits;
"Estimates for the losses in the earthquake range as high as $2 billion"
"Interest rates run from 5 to 10 percent"
"The instruments ranged from tuba to cymbals"
"My students range from very bright to dull"
- move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment;
"The gypsies roamed the woods"
"the wandering Jew"
"The cattle roam across the prairie"
"the laborers drift from one town to the next"
"They rolled from town to town"
- have a range; be capable of projecting over a certain distance, as of a gun;
"This gun ranges over two miles"
- range or extend over; occupy a certain area;
"The plants straddle the entire state"
- lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line;
"lay out the clothes"
"lay out the arguments"
- feed as in a meadow or pasture;
"the herd was grazing"
- let eat;
"range the animals in the prairie"
- assign a rank or rating to;
"how would you rank these students?"
"The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- The houses are sold out within this price range.
- It has come within the range of practical politics.
- He used a whistle to decoy the birds within range.
- She is still within range of my gun.
- A range of hills rose on our left.
- Name one large mountain range in the United States.
- There is a fine range here in this book.
- Here we have a range of products, our toys.
- She takes her dog for a range every afternoon.
- Gas is escaping from the range.
- The shabby houses used to range along the road.
- The spectators ranged themselves along the route of the procession.
- On this issue, she has ranged herself with the Opposition.
- The children's ages range from 8 to 15.
- Our conversation ranged over many topics.
- We ranged the woods looking for a place to set up our tents.
- This rifle ranges over a mile.
A range of buildings have sprung up along the river.
Several cars are available within this price range.
She has a marvelous voice with an extraordinary range.
She has a wide range of interests.
The age range is from 35 to 65 years.
There are three basic salary ranges.
Whenever there is a voter within voice range, he campaigns.
This weapon can kill at a range of 200 yards.
The two countries are separated by a range of mountains.
An army range is very wide.
Prices range from ￡6 to ￡10.
The temperature of tihs city ranges from 0℃ to 30 ℃.
Range the books by size.
He ranged the boys in order of size.
The general ranged themselves along the river bank.
The children ranged the hills and valleys.
His thoughts always ranged far from the field.
用于be ～ed 结构
The dyes were ranged up in order of tint, beginning with the deepest and ending with the palest.
They were ranged against us.
- range over (v.+prep.)
在…出没; 扫视 appear and disappear; haunt range over sth
Animals range over the hills and plains.动物在山丘和平原上出没。
My eyes range over the crowded room, seeking a familiar face.我的眼睛不断地扫视挤满了人的房间,想找到一张熟悉的面孔。
- 在…出没; 扫视 appear and disappear; haunt range over sth
- at a range of 在…射程
- fight at close range 进行近战
- fire at short range 短距离射击
- beyond〔out of〕 range 在射程外
- in〔within〕 range 在射程内
- outside range 不在范围内
- a range of buildings 一排建筑物
- range of choice 选择范围
- range of irrigation 灌溉区域
- range of mountains 山脉
- range of one's knowledge 知识面
In a range of little drawers were small objects wrapped in tissue.出自：N. Freeling
Hereditary peers Are ranged in rows.出自：J. Betjeman
A large cinema screen with rows of seats ranged in front of it.出自：W. Boyd
Everyone..ranged themselves..on cushions and chairs.出自：P. Angadi
- range, compass, scope
这三个词的共同意思是“范围”。range强调事物或行动可涉及或包括的范围; scope强调范围的极限; compass多指确定的和趋于永恒的范围。
- range, align, space
这组词都可表示“把…排开”。其区别是：space是及物动词,表示“把某事物按一定距离排开”; align只讲把某事物排成一行对齐,有时也可用于抽象意义; range一词着重强调排成行和有一定次序。例如:The troops aligned.部队排成一行。The general ranged his men along the river bank.将军令其士兵沿河岸排队。
- range, roam
- range, stray, stroll, wander
这组词都有“漫游”“徘徊”的意思。其区别在于:stroll仅指悠然自得地散步; wander所指的动作通常是懒洋洋的、无目的的,常用于散步、流水或离题的演说; range指彻底地或有系统地在一个广阔的地区“漫游”,通常带着各种各样的目的和想法; stray多是表示有目的的行为,其主体情绪高昂,想远离人们经常走的道路和熟悉的地方,它可表示有限范围内的行走,也可表示远距离的漫游,多用于诗歌中。
- ☆ 1300年左右入进英语，直接源自古法语的range，意为次序。
- range:range n. 山脉, 行列, 范围, 射程vt. 排列, 归类于, 使并列, 放牧vi. 平行, 延伸, 漫游 英英解释:名词range:1. an area in which something…