- v. 用力举起；抛出；扔；恶心；（费力地）发出（叹息等）
- n. 举；抛；起伏
- 举，投掷，抛， 扔，拖，拉，提
- vt. 举; 拉; 扔,抛 lift and pull or push with great effort; throw (especially sth heavy)
- vt. & vi. 喘息; 发出 rise and fall regularly; give out (a sound, especially a sad sound)
- vt. & vi. 呕吐 try to bring up food from the stomach, especially because of illness
- vi. 凸起; 起伏 swell; rise and fall
- [C][U]举,提,拖,拉,扔,起伏,升起 act of heaving
an upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling);
"the heaving of waves on a rough sea"
(geology) a horizontal dislocation
the act of lifting something with great effort
an involuntary spasm of ineffectual vomiting;
"a bad case of the heaves"
the act of raising something;
"he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"
"fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
throwing something heavy (with great effort);
"he gave it a mighty heave"
"he was not good at heaving passes"
utter a sound, as with obvious effort;
"She heaved a deep sigh when she saw the list of things to do"
throw with great effort
rise and move, as in waves or billows;
"The army surged forward"
lift or elevate
move or cause to move in a specified way, direction, or position;
"The vessel hove into sight"
breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted;
"The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat;
"The highway buckled during the heat wave"
make an unsuccessful effort to vomit; strain to vomit
- They heave at the heavy box, but can not lift it.
- He hove a chair through the window.
- Heave the rocks into the ravine.
- It's a very bad thing to heave things around.
- A performance like that makes me want to heave up.
- With one more heave, we got the box onto the shelf.
- He gave the discus a tremendous heave.
- I felt the soil creep and heave beneath me, like some monstrous serpent.
- His stomach heaved at sight of the mess.
- The old man's chest heaved alarmingly as he grasped for breath.
- The ship heaves with wave.
- The ground heaved from the earthquake.
- He tried to heave the old box, but failed.
- The wave heaved the boat on land.
- Heave the anchor!
- He heaved a rock through the window.
- Don't heave things round!
- He heaved a stone to the enemy and succeeded.
- After seeing his left money, he heaved a sigh.
- We all heaved a sigh of relief when the work was done.
- She got seasick and heaved her lunch.
- One more heave and the stone will be in place.
- We go to the seaside to see the steady heave of the waves.
- heave at〔on〕 (v.+prep.)
用力拉 pull (sth) with great effort
heave at〔on〕 sth
The sailors heaved at the cable.
They heaved on the rope.
- heave in(to) sight〔view〕 (v.+prep.+n.)
进入视线 begin to be seen
- heave into (v.+prep.)
把…扔进 throw (sth) into (sth)
heave sth into sth
They heaved their luggage into the car.
Heave the rocks into the ravine.
The storm heaved the sea into mountainous weaves.
- heave onto (v.+prep.)
把…抬上 lift (sth) onto (sth) with great effort
heave sb/sth onto sth
We heave him onto the platform.
Heave the box onto the top shelf.
- heave to (v.+adv.)
顶风停船 stop sail towards the wind
When the ship received the signal, she hove to.
- heave up (v.+adv.)
呕吐; 恶心 be sick; vomit
The waters were heaving up in great swells.
河水正在急剧上升。heave sth ⇔ up
Sailors heaved up the cable with windlass or capstan.
All afternoon we heaved bales of hay up onto the truck.
A large fish heaved itself up out of the water.
He heaved up after drinking too much.
A performance like that makes me want to heave up.
那样的表演真叫我恶心。heave sth ⇔ up
The poor child has heaved up her dinner again .
- heave the anchor 起锚
- heave an axe 举起斧头
- heave a brick 抛砖
- heave sb's chest 使某人的胸部起伏
- heave a groan 发出呻吟
- heave the shot-put 推铅球
- heave a sigh 发出叹息
- heave bodily 整体地抛出
- heave breathlessly 气喘吁吁地举起
- heave intermittently 不时地喘息
- heave oppressively 难以忍受地吐出
- heave violently 剧烈地呕吐
- heave a ship ahead 收链使船前进
- heave the capstan around 转动绞盘
- heave one's things around 把某人的东西扔得到处都是
- heave away 用力拉
- heave down 使(船)倾倒一边以进行维修
- heave out the sail 把帆扯起来
- heave sth overboard 将某物掷出船外
- heave to 顶风停船
- heave up 上升,用力托起或提起,呕吐
- heave up the anchor 起锚
And with..a heave flung the officer out over the front parapet.出自： B. Cable
The doctors who had watched the mysterious disease..had felt a heave of fear.出自：New Yorker
Her trembling hand she heaves To rend her hair.出自： Pope
The congregation heaved itself to its feet.出自： S. Middleton
Fen went and heaved the motor-cycle in to the side of the lane.出自： E. Crispin
Heaving up the two volumes of the Shorter Oxford Dictionary.出自： P. Fitzgerald
- heave既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时常与at, on, up等词连用。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的hebban，意为举起，升起。
- haul 拖
- drag 拖
- throw 扔
- lurch 突然倾斜
- motion 移动
- roll 卷
- raise 上升
- lift 举起
- listing 名单
- stagger 蹒跚
- pant 喘息
- wobble 摆动
- hoist 升起
- rise 上升
- chuck 抛掷
- dump 倾倒
- rise and fall 涨落, 盛衰
- throb （心脏）跳动，抽痛...
- billow 巨浪
- surge 汹涌
- palpitate 悸动
- tow 拖
- bulge 膨胀
- swell （使）膨胀
- lug 柄
- tug 用力拉
- pull 拉
- breathe 呼吸
- toss 投掷
- hurl 用力投掷
- jack 千斤顶
- vomit 吐出
- sling 投掷
- yank 猛拉
- sea 海
- labor 工人
- pitch 球场
- breathe hard 呼吸困难
- hard 硬的
- heaving 举起
- retch 作呕
- puff 喷出
- heave up 极为恶心
- warp 使翘起
- heft 重量
- buckle 扣子
- gag 箝口物
- gasp 喘气
- boost 提高
- fling 投
- cast 掷
- elevate 举起