- vt. 使具备资格；描述；[语]修饰
- vi. 取得资格；合格
- vt. & vi. (使)有资格 make be competent or fit for position or purpose
- vt. & vi. 限制; 修饰 limit the force or meaning of sth
prove capable or fit; meet requirements
pronounce fit or able;
"She was qualified to run the marathon"
"They nurses were qualified to administer the injections"
make more specific;
"qualify these remarks"
make fit or prepared;
"Your education qualifies you for this job"
specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement;
"The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"
"The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
describe or portray the character or the qualities or peculiarities of;
"You can characterize his behavior as that of an egotist"
"This poem can be characterized as a lament for a dead lover"
add a modifier to a constituent
- This test will qualify you to fly an aircraft.
- His knowledge and skills qualify him for the job.
- Your passport qualifies you to receive free medical treatment.
- I qualify it as a plot.
- Adverbs are always used to qualify verbs.
- I won't qualify until next year.
- After three years here you'll qualify for a rise.
- Our team has qualified for the semi-final.
- In that case, he won't qualify as a good husband.
- Did you take a degree at university before you qualified?
- I won't qualify until next year.
- This certificate qualifies the products.
- Qualify your statement that dogs are loyal by adding “usually”.
- I'd like to qualify my last statement.
- Adjectives qualify nouns.
- The power to regulate commerce could not be qualified.
- He's the manager's son but that doesn't qualify him to criticize my work.
- His past experience qualified him to handle such a delicate matter.
- His long experience qualifies him to speak with some authority on this matter.
- Spending a week in Russia doesn't qualify you to talk about it as an expert.
- He is qualified to teach English.
- He is least qualified to do the work.
- He is fully qualified to pass judgement on this matter.
- He is a qualified football player.
- qualify as (v.+prep.)
把…描述为… describe sb into sth
qualify as sb/sth
She qualified as a doctor this year.
At the end of three years, my son hopes to qualify as a lawyer.
He qualified as a teacher of the handicapped.
I can't say she qualifies as an English teacher.
A stroll round the garden hardly qualifies as exercise!
围绕花园散步几乎算不上是锻炼。qualify sb as sb/sth
His training qualifies him as a teacher of English.
What makes you think you're qualified as a judge of a painting?
He is qualified as a complete man of letters.
他有资格当真正的文学家。qualify sb/sth as n\u002e/adj\u002e
Maltz qualified Libby, one of his classmates, as an ambitious self-seeker.
The author qualified the hero as an ambitious youth.
Could you qualify his behavior as offensive?
His proposal was qualified as practical.
- qualify for (v.+prep.)
qualify for sth
Will our team qualify for the second round of the competition?
The sportsman failed to get over the distance in the minimum time to qualify for the final.
His younger brother has passed through police college to qualify for promotion as inspector.
他的弟弟学完了警校课程,从而获得了晋升督察的资格。qualify sb for sth
Your scores in this term will qualify you for the next class.
Her teaching experience qualifies her admirably for the job.
His training qualifies him for the job.
His skills qualify him for the job.
Mr. Bicker is qualified for the position now.
现在贝克先生有资格胜任这个职位。qualify for sth
If the boy goes on behaving like that, he'll qualify for severe punishment.
- qualify with (v.+prep.)
用…缓和; 用…限制 ease up with sth; limit with sth
qualify sth with sth
He qualified his coffee with cognac.
His statement was too general and should have been qualified with phrase “in most cases”.
- qualify students useful talents 把学生培养成为有用的人才
- qualify least 最没资格
- qualify well 极有资格
- qualify admirably 非常适合
- qualify eminently 非常适合
- qualify especially 特别适合
- qualify fully〔properly〕 完全合格
- qualify highly 非常适合
- qualify poorly 很不合格
- qualify splendidly 极其适合
I qualify such acts..as acts of treason.出自： J. Reed
- qualify与介词as连用表示“有条件做…”; 与介词for连用表示“能胜任,有做…的条件”。
- 在非正式语体里, qualify可引出直接引语,作“赞许”解。
- restrict 限制
- modify 修改
- limit 限度
- succeed 成功
- soften (使)变柔和
- temper 脾气
- characterize 表示 ... 的典型...
- meet the requirements 符合要求
- be eligible 有被选资格
- make the grade 达到规定标准...
- equip 装备
- supply 供应
- reduce 减少
- prepare 预备
- lessen 减少
- instruct 教
- educate 教育
- outfit 配备
- teach 教
- ready 准备好的
- capacitate 使受精
- coach 教练
- designate 指定
- describe 描述
- call 呼叫
- name 名称
- distinguish 区别
- regard 尊敬
- specify 详细说明
- deserve 应受
- confine 限制
- regulate 调整
- define 规定
- adjust 调整
- pass 通过
- bound 必定的
- circumscribe 限制
- modulate 调整
- adapt 改编
- narrow 有限的
- mitigate 减轻
- provide for 供给
- determine 决定
- get ready 准备好
- alleviate 减轻
- enable 使能够
- provide 供给
- mark off 划出
- get 得到
- for 为
- tone down （使）柔和
- be 有
- commissioned 受委任的
- licensed 得到许可的
- certificate 执照
- characterise 表示 ... 的特征...
- stipulate 规定
- dispose 清除
- down 向下
- measure up 合格
- condition 条件
- off 表示状态的关闭或离开...
- mark 记号
- tone 语气
- disqualify 使 ... 丧失资格...
- qualified adj. 有资格的,适合的,胜任的;有限制的；不完全的‖qualifier合格者,已取得资格的人;修饰语