- vt. & vi. 教 help to learn; show how to do
- vi. 教书 give lessons in a subject
- an English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718)
- impart skills or knowledge to;
"I taught them French"
"He instructed me in building a boat"
- accustom gradually to some action or attitude;
"The child is taught to obey her parents"
- I taught her to ride a bicycle.
- His parents employed a tutor to teach him Greek.
- I've been invited to teach Chinese at the University of New York for one year.
- I'll teach you to call me a liar!
- My purpose is to teach them a lesson.
- I am going to teach until my son can earn money.
- It is one thing to learn, and another to teach.
She's decided to teach.
Where does he teach?
I have a book that teaches easily.
This course teaches easily.
Both of her parents teach at a middle school.
My husband teaches at a local school.
He teaches for a living.
Who teaches these children?
He teaches foreigners.
Nobody taught me,I learnt it by myself.
What are you teaching this term?
He has been teaching mathematics for more than twenty years.
He teaches both physics and chemistry.
The boy must be taught.
I was taught by Mr. Green.
English is taught in the school.
He was well taught in many things.
He was taught by this incident.
Some schools also teach swimming and skating.
The Bible teaches that we should all love each other.《
He taught that wars can be just or unjust.
This will teach you to speak the truth.
That'll teach you to go out without an umbrella.
I wish someone would teach him not to drive as he did.
I will teach you to spoil our good name.
Mr. Smith teaches us French.
I taught myself German.
Please teach us the words of the song.
The experience taught him a good lesson.
The burns Tom got from playing with matches taught him a lesson.
That would teach them a little courtesy.
Our experience teaches us our limitations.
He was taught a lesson for it.
He teaches chemistry to the students.
Will you teach English to me?
She is teaching the piano to several of the village children.
I found a job teaching English to a group of adults in Paris.
He taught the boy how to build a small boat.
The worker taught them how to build a canoe.
She taught us how to knit.
I taught him how to do the job.
The older children are teaching the young ones how to read.
All this taught us how to deal with the enemy.
They must be taught how to use their speech organs.
Experience has taught her that it is dangerous to do it.
Mother often teaches me that I must not show my feelings.
Facts taught us that genuine knowledge comes from practice.
It has taught us that unity means strength.
I was taught that two sides of a triangle were greater than the third.
He taught them where they could gather the medicinal herbs.
Tom taught us where we could find the best mushrooms.
The teacher is teaching his students to read.
Tom had taught me to drive.
The girl taught me to sing the song.
He teaches us to serve the people heart and soul.
Who taught you to ride a bicycle?
He will teach his boy to swim.
He has taught his dog to perform some clever tricks.
Soldiers are taught to obey orders.
He taught me playing table tennis.
- teach a person 教某人
- teach a subject 教一门课
- teach boys 教孩子们
- teach English 教英语
- teach German 教德语
- teach history 教历史
- teach mathematics 教数学
- teach prepositions 教介词
- teach sb a lesson 给某人一个教训
- teach student 教学生
- teach the pupils 教小学生
- teach competently 胜任教学工作
- teach conscientiously 教学认真
- teach dispassionately 冷静地教学
- teach easily 容易教
- teach effectually 教学有效果
- teach exclusively 限制严格地教学
- teach explicitly 讲授清楚
- teach extensively 泛讲
- teach laboriously 辛苦地教学
- teach poorly 教学质量差
- teach professionally 职业教育
- teach scrupulously 教学一丝不苟
- teach strictly 严格教学
- teach systematically 系统讲授
- teach wrongly 教错
- teach zealously 教学热情
Go on teaching Heart of Darkness with Achebe's essay as accompaniment.出自：Times Literary Supplement
The British Council is concentrating..on retraining redundant teachers of Russian to teach English.出自：New Scientist
- teach既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,可接名词、代词、动名词或从句作宾语,也可接双宾语,其直接宾语可由名词、带疑问词的动词不定式或that/wh-从句充当; 其间接宾语可转换为介词to的宾语。teach还可接由动词不定式或动名词充当补足语的复合宾语。
- teach后可接“sb+to- v ”结构。作“教(导)某人做…”解时,动词不定式是宾语补足语; 作“因做某事而教训某人”解时,动词不定式是原因状语,这时常与will连用。
- teach所接的动词不定式,是否加疑问词how,往往取决于工艺大小、复杂与否。工艺大、复杂的,多加how; 工艺小、简单的,一般不加how。如:(how) to swim〔dance,ride,type〕等。但在下面的句子中, how不能省略：He taught me how to light a fire without matches.他教我在没有火柴时怎样生火。
- teach, teach school
- Miss Yang is teaching at a school in Bei- jing.(BrE)
- Miss Yang is teaching school in Beijing.
- teach, coach, educate, instruct, school, train, tutor
这组词的共同意思是“教”,指向学生传授知识、技能等,但含义和用法上有所区别：1.teach的概念最广泛,意义最普通,可以指讲授一门课程,也可指传授一种技能,也可能仅指帮助别人能解决一些问题或处理事情。而instruct, educate, train和school则各有其侧重点。instruct强调的是“系统性”; educate强调的是“总体性”; train强调的是“方向性”,而school强调的则是“严格性”。现分述如下：①instruct与teach的区别在于其“系统性”,即“系统教授”,内容上是系统的知识,方法上是连续地、正式地。例如:Dr. Williams instructs classes in algebra.威廉博士教代数课。②educate比teach更为正式,强调的是教育的总目标和培养结果,内容很广泛,所花的时间也较长,教育的内容不仅是知识,更多的是做人的道理,如：世界观、性格、品质等。例如:The poor boy had to educate himself in the evening after finishing his work.这可怜的孩子只有在工作完以后的晚上自学。Some schools teach, but fail to educate their students.有些学校只教给学生知识,却忽略了育人。We are educated under the Party.我们受党的教育。③train指的“教育”带有明显的方向性,或者造就某方面需要的人才,或者是训练某种特殊技能,以达到体力极佳、智力极强、反应极敏锐,从而迅速地胜任某种工作、任务或参加某比赛,也可以用于驯服动物或使植物向某方向生长。在训练方法上, train指由易到难,循序渐进,在这一点上与instruct有些接近。例如:They were trained as animal doctors in this school.他们在这所学校里得到训练,成为兽医。He is specially trained for this kind of work.为了胜任这种工作,他曾受过特殊训练。The old farmer trained his horse to do farm work for him.老农夫训练他的马为他干农活。Mother tried to train the vines over the porch.母亲想引导葡萄藤爬到门廊上面。④school强调教育和训练的严格性,指在某一方面进行特别严格的训练,也指学会忍耐难以忍受之事或锻炼和严格约束自己处理一些复杂困难事情的意思。例如:She was schooled in foreign languages.她在外语方面受到过严格训练。His father was schooled in Harvard.他的父亲是在哈佛大学受教育的。The parents schooled their children in politeness.家长们严格教育子女们讲礼貌。He was schooled by life itself.生活本身锻炼了他。2.teach和instruct在用法上也不同, teach接sb sth; 而instruct接sb in sth。试比较下面两个句子：
3.tutor和coach的含义与上述五个词不同,强调的是“个别性”,向一位专门教师学习,或在某小组中学习,即进行个别辅导。其区别是：coach只指补习或辅导,不指教新课,而tutor既可指复习功课,也可指讲授新课。例如:I'll coach some of the students this evening.今晚我要辅导几个学生。He is coaching a basketball team.他正在指导一个篮球队。The teacher tutors him to play the piano.这位教师教他弹钢琴。I offered to tutor him in English.我建议替他补习英文。
- Mr. Smith taught us English.
- Mr. Smith instructed us in English.
- 另外,两词接to- v 时意思也不同：teach sb to- v 的意思是“教某人做某事”,而instruct sb to- v 的意思是命令或通知某人做某事。例如:
- He taught us to run the machine.他教我们开机器。
- We are instructed when to start.已有人通知我们何时出发。
- He taught me to dance.
- He taught me how to dance.
- He taught me dancing.
- He is teaching at a school.
- He is teaching in a school.
- My brother taught us not to lie.
- When I catch that boy,I'll teach him to tell lies to me.
- 要是我抓到那个小孩,我要好好治治 他,看他还敢不敢对我说谎。
误 She taught her child read.
正 She taught her child to read.
析 “教某人做某事”应为teach sb to do sth,不定式符号to在这里不能省略。
误 She doesn't enjoy teaching to read.
正 She doesn't enjoy teaching reading.
误 I decided to teach my young brother lesson after I caught him hurting my cat.
正 I decided to teach my young brother a lesson after I caught him hurting my cat.
析 teach sb a lesson意为“教训某人”,属固定结构,其中a不可省略。
误 She teaches a kindergarten.
正 She teaches in a kindergarten.
析 误句意为“她教幼儿园”,事实上教的只能是“人”,不能是表地点的名词。在某处教某人(或教书)应表示为teach (sb) in ...。
- teach:teach v. 讲授, 教授 英英解释:名词teach:1. an English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic…