- 制（图），作（图），画（图形），描绘，描摹，勾画出…的轮廓， 形成…的形状
- vt. 描写,叙述 say what sth is like; give a picture of in words
- vt. 画出(图形等) draw (especially a geometrical figure)
- give a description of;
"He drew an elaborate plan of attack"
- to give an account or representation of in words;
"Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
- make a mark or lines on a surface;
"draw a line"
"trace the outline of a figure in the sand"
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
- The police asked me to describe exactly how it happened.
- Words cannot describe the beauty of the scene.
- He describes himself as a doctor.
- No one could describe the scorn of her expression.
- The falling star described a long curve in the sky.
Can you describe your son?
She would pile on the agony whenever she described the operation on her finger.
He described the accident in detail.
I can't describe my anger in words.
Words cannot describe the beauty of the scene.
No words can describe my feelings.
Will you describe the story?
Huck described his entire adventure on Cardiff Hill.
Victor Henry described the tank battle he had observed.
With a heavy heart she described the fate of her mother.
Can you describe a circle within a square?
Describe a circle on the floor with a piece of chalk.
It is easy to describe a circle if you have a pair of compasses.
The spinning top described a figure 8.
The falling star described a long curve in the sky.
The rainbow described an arc in the dark sky.
She described in detail their resisting the invaders.
Try to describe exactly what happened before the accident.
Who'd like to describe what happened just now?
Please describe what you saw.
I can't describe what I felt at that moment.
The man described what he had seen and heard.
She described how she had narrowly escaped death.
He described how we should proceed.
Can you describe that gentleman to him?
Can you describe the thief to me?
Could you describe the accident to us?
Can you describe that battle to them?
Mr. Lincoln once described this journey to me.
Please describe to me the man who asked you that question.
He describes himself as a doctor, but I feel he is a quack.
She described herself as an unemployed painter.
They described themselves as weavers.
The prisoner described himself as a homeless wanderer.
I would describe him as an excellent teacher.
She described him as a scoundrel.
Mr.Timken was not very happy to hear the teacher describing his daughter as an illiterate.
His son is clever that everyone describes him as a genius.
They described his attempt as unsuccessful.
Reports from the city described the casualties as very heavy.
Would you describe this poem as well written?
They described him as being very clever.
His employer had described him as lacking in initiative and drive.
Pushkin might be best described as the Russian Byron.
Shorthand and typewriting have been described as the twin arts.
She was described as a good-natured woman.
He was described as very kind.
He was described as being very clever.
My mother was described as being a very conceited woman, but she wasn't.
The texture of the rock's grains was described as being like sugar.
They described me to be a mysterious person.
- describe a circle 做一圆圈
- describe a good-natured woman 描述一个脾气温顺的女子
- describe a scoundrel 形容一个恶棍
- describe an arc in the dark sky 在昏暗的天空中划出了一道圆弧
- describe an excellent teacher 描述一位非常好的老师
- describe an ordinary 描述一个普通人
- describe sb's employer 描述雇主
- describe sb's joy 形容某人的快乐
- describe that battle 把战斗描述一下
- describe the accident 把出事的经过叙述一下
- describe the beauty of the scene 描述美丽的场景
- describe the scene 描述那种情景
- describe the story 把经过叙说一下
- describe the thief 描述那个盗贼的特征
- describe these subjects 阐述这些问题
- describe well 描述得恰如其分
- describe aesthetically 审美地描述
- describe appropriately 恰当地描述
- describe briefly 简洁地描述
- describe clearly 阐述得很清楚
- describe correctly 正确地描述
- describe exactly 精确地描述
- describe graphically 生动地描绘
- describe justly 公正地描述
- describe minutely 详细地描述
- describe precisely 精确地描述
- describe roughly 粗略地描绘
- describe tersely 简洁地描述
- describe thoroughly 详尽地描述
- describe unsuccessfully 失败地描述
- describe vividly 生动地描写
In a much sounder sense than that in which..Matthew Arnold described it as being so, the eighteenth century was to be the Age of Prose.出自：G. Saintsbury
He describes..the routines of bourgeois lifesflannel suits, the cakes and tea.出自：P. Ackroyd
It was impossible for her to describe the beauty of the river;..to convey its peacefulness.出自：S. Naipaul
- describe有(用文字)描述的意思。例：describe a landscape（用文字来）描述风景。
- describe不用于describe sb sth 结构,如表示“向…描述”,须借助于介词to。
- describe的宾语后常接以as短语充当补足语的复合宾语,表示“把…描述为”“认为…”, as后面可接名词、形容词或现在分词、过去分词。as极少改为to be。
- describe, narrate, recite, recount, rehearse, relate, report, state
这组词都有“讲述”的意思。其区别是：relate专指有条理、连贯和完整地叙述故事或自己看到、经历的事情; rehearse指总结性地讲述或重复讲述; recite和recount均指把每一细节都详细讲述或列举出来; narrate专指采用编造情节、悬念和高潮等文学手段生动地讲叙; describe侧重能给听众产生深刻印象的详尽而清楚地描述; state强调原原本本、不加修饰地用口头或书面形式清楚明确地讲述,强调旨在提供事实素材或看法; report指经过调查研究之后,为提供有关事实和情况,对某事的细节作出精确叙述或报告。
- describe, depict, portray
这组词都含有“描绘”“描述”的意思,其宾语可以是人、物,也可以是事物。它们之间的区别是:1.describe指用语言文字描述; portray指通过故事、小说等方式用文字来描述,还可专指用笔描绘或绘画; depict指给物体着色或是素描,借用在文学上表示“描写”,强调外表、形象、色彩等具体细节。 例如:
2.describe和depict是生动地、具体地描述,力图将所叙述的内容像图片般栩栩如生地呈现在他人面前; portray是一般地描述。例如:The writer portrays life in a refugee camp very vividly.这位作者生动地描述了难民营中的生活。3.describe后可接疑问词引起的从句,而portray不能这样用。
- Words cannot describe my joy.
- The book depicts him as a rather unpleas- ant character.
- 这本书把他刻画成一个相当令人讨厌 的人物。
- In British history books Richard Ⅲ is usu- ally portrayed as a wicked man.
- 英国历史书通常把理查三世说成是个 坏人。
误 I want to describe you some of the difficulties.
正 I want to describe to you some of the difficulties.
正 I want to describe some of the difficulties to you.
析 describe不可用于describe sb sth 结构, sb 由介词to引出。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的desricvre；最初源自古典拉丁语的desricbere，意为记录，简述。
- describe:describe vt. 描写, 记述, 形容, 形容v. 描述 英英解释:动词describe:1. give a description of同义词：depict, draw2. to give…