- 色调， 色泽
- 给…定调子，给（乐器）定音调， 给（画）定色调
- [C]腔调,语气 manner of expression in speaking
- [C]音,音调 the quality or character of the sound produced by a particular instrument or singing voice
- [S][U]风格,气度 the general quality or nature of sth; character
- the quality of a person's voice;
"he began in a conversational tone"
"he spoke in a nervous tone of voice"
- (linguistics) a pitch or change in pitch of the voice that serves to distinguish words in tonal languages;
"the Beijing dialect uses four tones"
- (music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound);
"the timbre of her soprano was rich and lovely"
"the muffled tones of the broken bell summoned them to meet"
- the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people;
"the feel of the city excited him"
"a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"
"it had the smell of treason"
- a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color;
"after several trials he mixed the shade of pink that she wanted"
- a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound;
"the singer held the note too long"
- a steady sound without overtones;
"they tested his hearing with pure tones of different frequencies"
- the elastic tension of living muscles, arteries, etc. that facilitate response to stimuli;
"the doctor tested my tonicity"
- a musical interval of two semitones
- the quality of something (an act or a piece of writing) that reveals the attitudes and presuppositions of the author;
"the general tone of articles appearing in the newspapers is that the government should withdraw"
"from the tone of her behavior I gathered that I had outstayed my welcome"
- utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically;
"The students chanted the same slogan over and over again"
- vary the pitch of one's speech
- change the color or tone of;
"tone a negative"
- change to a color image;
"tone a photographic image"
- give a healthy elasticity to;
"Let's tone our muscles"
- He often speaks in an arrogant tone.
- I dislike his airy tone of voice.
- That violin has a beautiful tone.
- The tone of the meeting was pleasant and innocuous.
- The green wallpaper had a particularly somber tone.
- The tone of the school is excellent.
- Swimming is the best way to tone up your body .
- She was trying to tone down the colors of the picture.
His tone is rather unfriendly.
I don't like your tone of voice.
The sentence should be read in a rising tone.
This violin has a very good tone.
He sings in a loud tone.
Her friendly opening speech set the tone for the whole conference.
The lady has real tone.
These dreadful people bring down the tone of the neighborhood.
- with a tone
装腔作势be affected or pretentious; strike a pose; put on airs
He reads with a tone. 他装腔作势地念着。
- 装腔作势be affected or pretentious; strike a pose; put on airs
- tone up使更强壮
- tone down（使）柔和
- dial tone拨号音
- tone arm(电唱机的)拾音臂...
- tone poem音诗
- tone language声调语言
- tone frequency音频
- tone burst猝发音,猝发声列,声...
- simple tone纯音,单音
- ringing tone(BrE
- half tone照相铜板(半音度)...
- continuous tone连续调次
- tone quality音质,音品
- tone control音调控制
- partial tone谐音
- reference tone基准音调
- pure tone纯音
- side tone侧音
- tone in with 与 ... 协调
Instruments and voices are distinguished by..their individual tones.出自：A. Bain
He spoke in an angry tone.
He spoke in angry tones.
- 在特定的几种表达方式中，tone不可用tones来随意替换，如in a tone of apology和in a tone of command等。
- He spoke in an angry tone.
- He spoke in angry tones.
- ☆ 1340年入进英语，直接源自古法语的ton；最初源自古典拉丁语的tonus，意为声音，口音。
- tint 色彩
- tone up使更强壮
- whole step全音程
- musical note[音]乐符
- tone of voice嗓音
- pure tone纯音
- tone:tone n. 音调, 音质, 语调, 色调, 状况, 品质, 语气, 气氛vt. 调和, 增强, 以特殊腔调说, 配合, 定音调vi. 颜色调和 英英解释:名词tone:1. the quality…