- v.训练；决定；以 ... 为条件；护理（头发）
- [U][C]条件,状态,病情 thing needed to make sth else possible; thing on which another thing depends; state of a thing; health
- [P]情况,环境,形势 circumstances
- [C]地位,身份 position in society; rank
- vt. 制约,限制 govern; regulate
- vt. 使习惯于,使适应 bring into a desired state or condition
- a state at a particular time;
"a condition (or state) of disrepair"
"the current status of the arms negotiations"
- an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
- a mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing;
"the human condition"
- information that should be kept in mind when making a decision;
"another consideration is the time it would take"
- the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- an illness, disease, or other medical problem;
"a heart condition"
"a skin condition"
- (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement;
"the contract set out the conditions of the lease"
"the terms of the treaty were generous"
- the procedure that is varied in order to estimate a variable's effect by comparison with a control condition
- establish a conditioned response
- develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control;
"Parents must discipline their children"
"Is this dog trained?"
- specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement;
"The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"
"The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
- put into a better state;
"he conditions old cars"
- apply conditioner to in order to make smooth and shiny;
"I condition my hair after washing it"
- Conditions in poor quarters were horrible.
- I had halfway decided to accept their conditions at that time.
- The terrorists will only release their hostage on certain condition.
- Jimmie had but a vague idea of world conditions now.
- His thinking is incommensurate to the changed conditions.
- I conditioned the dog to bark at strangers.
- Most people have been conditioned to accept what they see on television.
- The amount of money I spend is conditioned by the amount I earn.
- Age and health do not always condition each other.
- The gift to the boy was conditioned on his good behavior.
- I condition my hair every two weeks.
Living conditions have bettered a great deal.
The government hopes to better the conditions of the peasants.
The workers are standing up for higher wages and better conditions.
Health is one of the conditions of success in life.
Some measures will be taken to make the best use of natural conditions to enable wildlife resources to develop.
His actual condition was not to be expressed in a few words.
I feel happy about my condition.
We must better our financial condition.
Their bodies and clothes were in a pitiable condition.
The classrooms are in poor condition.
The crisis condition furthered the spreading of rumours.
The patient was in a critical condition.
It is of importance to keep your teeth in good condition.
All the players are in good condition.
Archaeologists have discovered some ancient jewellery in almost perfect condition.
These laws are not calculated for conditions at any time.
He lived in adverse conditions.
She has a heart condition.
People sometimes die of treatable conditions.
He is working off his conditions.
Ability and effort condition success.
Exercise conditions your muscles.
A person's behaviour is often conditioned by his circumstances.
Condition yourself not to flare up over trifles.
Most people are conditioned to believe what they read in the papers.
- change one's condition
结婚 get married
Supposing that she changes her condition in life, what then? 假设她结了婚,以后会怎样?
The man decided to change his condition. 这人决定结婚。
- 结婚 get married
- in a condition to-v
适宜做某事 suitable to do sth
The ship is not in a condition to make a long voyage. 这条船的情况不宜于远程旅行。
I am not in a condition to help you. 我不能帮助你。
- 适宜做某事 suitable to do sth
- in an interesting condition
Mary now is in an interesting condition. 玛丽现在怀孕了。
- 〈主英〉怀孕 pregnant
- in condition
健康,身体好 fit; healthy
Athletes must train to be in condition. 运动员必须锻炼以保持良好的竞技状态。
If you spare half an hour for exercises everyday, you'll soon be back in condition. 如果你每天进行半小时锻炼的话,你很快就会恢复健康。
I can go climbing this summer:I'm in condition. 今年夏天我能去爬山:我的健康状况良好。
- 健康,身体好 fit; healthy
- make it a condition that
以…为条件 be based on the agreement that
Her parents allowed her to go, but made it a condition that she should get home before midnight. 她的父母准许她去,但规定她要在午夜前回家。
- 以…为条件 be based on the agreement that
- meet the conditions of
To meet the conditions of the old the shop will change their business hour. 为满足老人的条件，这个商店将改变工作时间。
- 满足…条件 satisfy
- on condition (that)
若是…,以…为条件 if; providing
He was allowed to go swimming on condition that he kept near the other boys. 他们让他去游泳,条件是不要离开别的男孩太远。
We will sign the agreement on condition that not a single word of racial discrimination is written into it. 我们签字的条件是,任何带有种族歧视的字眼都不能写入协议书。
I'll let you have the book on condition that you should return it to me next week. 我可以把书借给你,条件是你下星期得还给我。
You may stay on condition that you finish your homework before supper. 如果晚饭前做完作业,你就可以留下。
He has been granted his freedom on condition he leaves the country. 他已获准恢复自由,条件是他离开这个国家。
- 若是…,以…为条件 if; providing
- on...condition〔on condition of..., on condition that...〕
以…为条件 based on the agreement that
She will join us on one condition:that we divide all profits equally. 她和我们合伙的一个条件是:我们平均分配一切利润。
On condition of your signing this receipt,I will pay you the money. 你如在收条上签字,我将付给你钱。
I will come on condition (that) she is invited too. 如果邀请她来,那我就来。
- 以…为条件 based on the agreement that
- on no condition
绝不要 never; in no situation
You must on no condition tell him what happened. 你绝不应该告诉他所发生的事。
You must on no condition mention it before her. 你千万不要在她面前提起这件事。
- 绝不要 never; in no situation
- out of condition
I have not been able to get much exercise lately, so I am out of condition. 我最近不能做太多运动,所以身体不太好。
He knew that he was out of condition from sitting for so long in the office. 他知道自己身体不佳是由于长期坐办公室没有锻炼之故。
The machine is out of condition. 这台机器坏了,不能使用。
The screw is out of condition. 这个螺丝钉坏了。
- 不健康,身体不好 unfit
- under conditions
在…条件下 in the condition of
They are learning how to control their movements under the strange conditions. 他们正在学习如何在陌生的环境下控制自己的活动。
Under these conditions we have to give up the plan. 在这样的情况下,我们必须放弃这项计划。
- 在…条件下 in the condition of
- under no conditions
无论如何 no matter what
Under no conditions should we give in. 无论如何我们不应屈服。
- 无论如何 no matter what
- under otherwise equal condition
其他条件都相同时 when the other conditions are the same
Under otherwise equal conditions he is better than other boys. 其他条件都相同时,他比别的孩子好。
- 其他条件都相同时 when the other conditions are the same
- condition on (v.+prep.)
以…作为(某人)接受…的条件 make sth as the factor (for sb) to accept (sth) condition sth/v-ing on sth/v-ing
She conditioned her acceptance of the gift on his coming to dinner next evening.她以他第二天来吃晚饭作为接受礼品的条件。
He conditioned his going on weather.他能去与否,视天气而定。用于 be ～ed 结构
The gift to the boy is conditioned on his good marks.那孩子得到礼物的条件是取得好成绩。
- 以…作为(某人)接受…的条件 make sth as the factor (for sb) to accept (sth) condition sth/v-ing on sth/v-ing
- condition to (v.+prep.)
使(某人)适应于〔习惯于〕… make sb be used to (sth, usually difficult) condition sb to sth
He soon conditioned the boys to the hot weather.他很快使小伙子们适应了炎热的天气。
His boyhood conditioned him to hardship.他的少年时代使他习惯于逆境。常用于 be ～ed 结构
A child born in the far north is soon conditioned to the long cold dark winters.出生在北部边远地区的孩子很快就习惯于那漫长、寒冷、阴暗的冬季。
When a child has become conditioned to life in a city, he may feel quite at a loss in any other environment.当一个小孩习惯了城市的生活,换了其他环境他就会感到不自在。
- 使(某人)适应于〔习惯于〕… make sb be used to (sth, usually difficult) condition sb to sth
- abolish a condition 放弃条件
- accept a condition 接受条件
- affect a condition 影响条件
- alter a condition 结婚,更改条件
- amend a condition 改善状况
- analyze a condition 分析情况
- better a condition 改善条件
- change one's a condition 改变条件
- check a condition 检查情况
- complicate a condition 使事态复杂化
- consider a condition 考虑状态
- create a condition 创造条件
- describe a condition 描述情况
- discover a condition 发现情况
- embrace a condition 接受条件
- enforce acondition 强加条件
- exaggerate a condition 夸大情况
- forecast a condition 预报行情
- fulfill a condition 履行条件
- give a condition 给予条件
- ignore a condition 忽视情况
- impose a condition 把条件强加于…
- improve a condition 改善条件
- judge a condition 判断情况
- lay down a condition 规定条件
- make a condition 规定条件
- make it condition that 以…为条件
- make no condition 绝不要
- meet a condition 符合条件,适应要求
- modify condition 修改条件
- neglect condition 忽视情况
- observe condition 观察情况
- offer a condition 提供条件
- overturn a condition 改变状况
- perform a condition 执行规定
- present a condition 呈现出一种状态
- propose a condition 提出条件
- recognize a condition 认识形势
- regulate a condition 控制状况
- relieve a condition 减轻痛状
- report a condition 报告情况
- restore a condition 恢复状态
- rule a condition 控制状态
- satisfy a condition 满足条件
- stabilize a condition 稳定状态
- worsen a condition 使状况恶化
- active condition 活性状态
- actual condition 实际情况
- all condition 各种条件
- backward condition 落后状况
- bad condition 不景气状况
- blissful condition 狂喜状态
- certain condition 一定条件,有孕
- characteristic condition 特征条件
- climatic condition 气候情况
- commercial condition 商业状况
- complicated condition 复杂的情况
- contemporary condition 当代状况
- corrupt condition 腐败的状况
- critical condition 危急的情况
- crowded condition 拥挤状态
- damaged condition 损坏程度
- damp condition 湿度条件
- dangerous condition 危险情况
- defenseless condition 无防卫状况
- delicate condition 有孕状况
- developmental condition 发育条件
- difficult conditions 困难的条件
- disabled condition 伤残状况
- disastrous condition 灾难情况
- disordered condition 无秩序状态,杂乱状态
- early condition 早期条件
- ecological condition 生态条件
- economic condition 经济状况
- environmental condition 环境状况
- equal condition 平等条件
- essential conditions 基本条件
- existing condition 现状
- experimental condition 试验条件
- explosive condition 爆炸条件
- fair condition 公平条件
- favourable conditions 有利的条件
- financial condition 财产状况
- fine condition 优良的状况
- former condition 以前情况
- fundamental condition 基本条件
- general conditions 普通保险条款
- gloomy condition 令人沮丧的状况
- good condition 好的条件
- happy condition 愉快状况
- hard condition 硬性条件,艰苦条件
- harsh condition 严厉条件
- hazardous condition 危险的情况
- healthy condition 健康状况
- helpless condition 无助的状况
- holding condition 贮藏条件
- ideal condition 理想条件
- identical condition 等同条件
- ill condition 病状
- important condition 重要条件
- industrial condition 工业状况
- infamous condition 无耻的条件
- inferior condition 次要条件
- inhuman condition 非人状况
- inspiring condition 令人鼓舞的条件
- intellectual condition 智力状况
- interesting condition 有趣的条件
- intermediate condition 中间的条件
- internal condition 内部条件
- liberal condition 自由条件,宽大条件
- living condition 生活状况
- local condition 当地情况
- logical condition 逻辑条件
- loose condition 松散状态
- mechanical condition 机械条件
- mental condition 精神状态
- modern conditions 当代条件
- muddy condition 泥状
- necessary conditions 必要条件
- negative condition 否定条件
- new condition 新条件
- normal condition 正常状态
- nutritional condition 营养条件
- objective conditions 客观条件
- oceanic condition 海洋状况
- odd condition 奇怪状况
- only condition 唯一条件
- open condition 开放条件
- opposite condition 反对条件
- ordinary condition 一般条件
- outward condition 表面状况
- peculiar condition 特有的状况
- perfect condition 完善的状况
- physical condition 体力条件
- pitiful condition 令人怜悯的境况
- pleasant condition 愉快的状态
- political condition 政局
- preliminary condition 先决条件
- present condition 目前状况
- prime condition 极好的状况
- productive condition 生产条件
- psychological condition 心理状况
- quiet condition 静止的状态
- required conditions 必要条件
- right condition 正常条件,正常状况
- rigid condition 严格条件
- running condition 运转情况
- semiconscious condition 半清醒状态
- slight condition 不结实的状况
- social condition 社会地位,社会条件
- solid condition 固态
- sound condition 完好的状态
- special condition 特殊情况
- subjective conditions 主观条件
- terrible condition 可怕的状况
- top condition 最佳状况
- unconscious condition 无知觉状态
- undecided condition 未决定的条件
- unfavourable conditions 不利条件
- unique condition 独一无二的情况
- upset condition 搅乱的状态
- wretched condition 不幸的状况
- accident conditions 事故状况
- alternation condition 交替条件
- battle conditions 战斗状况
- boom conditions 生意兴隆
- boundary conditions 边界条件
- business condition 商业行情
- causality condition 因果条件
- combat condition 战斗状况
- continuity condition 连续性条件
- design condition 设计条件
- distress condition 损坏状态
- employment condition 雇用条件
- end conditions 最终状态
- entrance condition 入会条件
- existence condition 现状
- failure condition 破坏条件
- field condition 野外条件
- heart condition 心脏病
- housing conditions 住房条件
- ice condition 冰情
- insurance condition 保险条件
- labour condition 劳动条件
- level condition 水平条件
- life conditions 生活状况
- location condition 选点条件
- market condition 市场行情
- normality condition 正常条件
- outlet conditions 出口条件
- overflow condition 溢出条件
- permanence condition 不变条件
- point condition 点态
- postwar conditions 战后状况
- price condition 价格情况
- process conditions 工艺条件
- raw condition 原状
- reality condition 现实性条件
- reflection condition 反射条件
- reset condition 复原状态
- root condition 根条件
- sea condition 海情
- separation condition 分离条件
- service condition 操作条件
- signal condition 信号状态
- sky condition 天空状况
- snow condition 雪情
- soil conditions 土质情况
- trade conditions 贸易情况
- traffic conditions 交通状况
- war conditions 战争环境
- wartime condition 战时情况
- weather condition 天气情况
- working conditions 劳动条件
- conditions of success 成功的条件
- condition a horse 训练马
- condition one's muscles 使某人的肌肉健壮
- condition success 使成功
- condition the size 限定尺寸
Wilt thou enjoy the good, Then cavil the conditions?出自：Milton
A list of twenty-one conditions on which..Communist groups..would be admitted to the Third International.出自：G. F. Kennan
Their ideas of beauty were conditioned by what they disliked about their parents.出自：M. Girouard
- condition的基本意思是“条件,地位”,是可数名词,用单复数形式均可,但表示“状态、状况”时,常指事物处于不正常的状况,多作不可数名词,如果其前有形容词修饰,可与不定冠词a连用; 表示“情况,环境,形势”时常用复数形式,多指一般的、笼统的情况。
- condition是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语。可用于被动结构,也可接以“oneself+to- v ”构成的复合宾语。
- condition, circumstance, situation, state
这四个词都有“情况,状态,条件,状况”的意思。其区别在于:state是普通用语,指“情况,状态”,其存在形式并不是具体事物; situation指危急或重大的事态,侧重“事态”,也指“职位,职业”; condition和state相比意义较狭隘,指在思考中的事物的状态,“环境”所影响的“情况”,特指事物内部的条件和状态,用复数时指比较一般、笼统的情况,侧重于“状况”; circumstance指某种事件或动作发生时的情况,一般都用复数形式。例如:The country is in a troubled state.这个国家处于紊乱的状态中。Measures must be taken to meet this situation.必须设法应付这个局面。He is applying for a situation.他正在请求得到一个位置。The oranges may soon rot under present conditions.橘子在目前的状态下会很快腐烂的。I don't remember all the circumstances of the quarrel.我不记得争吵的所有情况。
- ［误］ We should report this condition to the teacher.
- ［正］ We should report this to the teacher.
- ［误］ I'd like to know some conditions about his studies.
- ［正］ I'd like to know something about his studies.
- ［误］ I shall soon have conditions to buy a colour TV.
- ［正］ I shall soon have enough money to buy a colour TV.
- ［误］ The conditions of our laboratory are good.
- ［正］ Our laboratory is well equipped.
- condition state status situation circumstance
误 The conditions of Mr. Smith are getting worse.
正 The condition of Mr. Smith is getting worse.
正 Mr. Smith's condition is getting worse.
析 表示“健康状况”, condition为不可数名词,无复数形式。
误 In such favourable conditions, we will win without a shade of doubt.
正 Under such favourable conditions, we will win without a shade of doubt.
析 表示“在某种形势下”,应该用under conditions或under the condition。
误 Under this condition you had better consult a doctor.
正 In this case you had better consult a doctor.
析 condition不能用来指具体的情况,“既然是这样”可说in this case。
误 You should try to keep the car in a good condition.
正 You should try to keep the car in good condition.
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的conditoin；最初源自古典拉丁语的condicoinem：con (一起） + dicere (说），意为一起表达。
- condition:condition n. 条件, 情形, 环境, 社会地位vt. 以...为条件, 使达到要求的情况习惯用语alter one's condition [方]出嫁； 结婚change one's co…