- （男人或其举止）娘娘腔的，故意带女子气的 ，女性化的（被某些人认为是典型同性恋的特征）
- [C][U]营地 a place where people live in tents or huts, usually for a short time
- [C]收容所 a place where people live in tents or huts, often unwilling and for a long time
- [C]阵营; 集团 a group of people or organizations who share the same ideas or principles, especially in politics
- vi. & vt. 宿营,露营 live in a camp; make a camp
- temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers;
"wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling"
- a group of people living together in a camp;
"the whole camp laughed at his mistake"
- temporary lodgings in the country for travelers or vacationers;
"level ground is best for parking and camp areas"
- an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- a penal institution (often for forced labor);
"China has many camps for political prisoners"
- something that is considered amusing not because of its originality but because of its unoriginality;
"the living room was pure camp"
- shelter for persons displaced by war or political oppression or for religious beliefs
- a site where care and activities are provided for children during the summer months;
"city kids get to see the country at a summer camp"
- providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities;
"they played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect"
"campy Hollywood musicals of the 1940's"
- live in or as if in a tent;
"Can we go camping again this summer?"
"The circus tented near the town"
"The houseguests had to camp in the living room"
- establish or set up a camp
- give an artificially banal or sexual quality to
- They spent the summer in a camp in the mountains.
- The travellers set up a camp near the river.
- They pitched camp on the moor for the night.
- The soldiers raided the enemy camp.
- Tom returned to the camp to dress his injuries .
- We like to camp on the flats near the lake.
- The boys have decided to go camping next week.
- We must camp where we can get water.
We'll soon be back at camp.
Who allowed you to leave the camp?
He put forth all his strength so as to reach the camp in time.
The camp was taken and destroyed.
We posted sentries at the gates of the camp.
In the summer camp, children live the life of the collective.
They pitched a camp in the mountain.
The bridge was blown up by a villager after the guerrillas left for their camp in the woods.
Stealthily we approached the enemy's camp.
He wrote that he liked camp life very much, but I could read between the lines that he was homesick.
After bitter hand-to-hand combat, the enemy military camps were entirely destroyed.
This is a novel depicting the bitter sufferings of the inmates in a Nazi concentration camp.
We camped at the foot of the hill.
The hunters camped near the top of the mountain.
The travellers camped in the mountain for three days.
The soldiers had marched all day and all night, and had camped here in the open.
The guerrillas camped in the open and lived on wild plants.
The herdsmen camped themselves on the grasslands.
The soldiers were camped in new quarters.
The boys agreed to lump the expenses of their camping holiday.
By a stroke of good luck we hit on just the place for a camping holiday.
- camp out (v.+adv.)
野营; 露营 sleep outdoor in a tent; sleep in open air with or without tent or hut camp out
The children love camping out when we go on holiday.度假时,孩子们非常喜欢露营。
The boys like camping out in good weather.男孩子们喜欢在好天气里野营。
It was getting dark, so we had to camp out in the woods.天黑下来了,我们不得不在树林里露宿。
暂住; 勉强居住live temporarily or with only the barest essentials (in what are normally adequately equipped quarters) camp out
As they expected to move out almost immediately, they were camping out together in a small room.他们因为差不多马上就要搬了,就暂时合住在一个小房间里。camp sb ⇔ out 用于 be ～ed 结构
The troops were camped out near the town.部队扎营在离城不远的地方。
- 野营; 露营 sleep outdoor in a tent; sleep in open air with or without tent or hut camp out
- camp up (v.+adv.)
- 〔说明〕 camp up通常不用于被动结构。
装腔作势地表演 perform with an ostentatious manner; overact to an absurd degree camp up
She seems to have camped up at the third act of the play.她在第三幕中表演得似乎过火了。
矫揉造作 act in an over-effeminate manner camp sth ⇔ up
Brian was always camping it up and pretending to be queer to make us laugh.为了逗我们笑,布赖恩总是矫揉造作,装得古里古怪。
- army camp 军营
- concentration camp 集中营
- displaced-person camp 难民收容所
- enemy camp 敌营
- hunter's camp 狩猎营地
- prison camp 俘虏营
- refugee camp 难民营
- summer camp 夏令营
- the peace camp 和平阵营
- training camp 集训营
- work camp 囚犯劳动营
- in the same camp 意见相同
The Youth of Rome..pitch their sudden Camp before the Foe.出自：Dryden
The troops would be camped along the river side.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
- camp多用作不及物动词,其后通常接表示地点或时间的状语性短语; 偶尔用作及物动词时多接反身代词作宾语。
- in camp 在野营
- in the camp 在营地,在营帐内
误 They went to camp in Chengde yesterday.
正 They went camping in Chengde yesterday.
析 和“去打猎(go hunting)”等用法一样,去宿营说go camping,不说go to camp。
- ☆ 1520左右进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的camups，意为露天场地。
- n.(名词) group
- camp:概述 cAMP（cyclic AMP） 特点 3ˊ,5ˊ-环腺苷酸，细胞内的第二信使，由于某些激素或其它分子信号刺激激活腺苷酸环化酶催化ATP环化形成的。…