- vt. 分配；指定；指派；归因；确定
- n. 受让人
- vt. 分配; 交给 give sth to sb as a share of work to be done or of things to be used
- vt. 指派,选派 give as a share or duty
- vt. 指定,订出 fix or set aside for a purpose; decide on
give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
"We were assigned new uniforms"
attribute or credit to;
"We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"
"People impute great cleverness to cats"
select something or someone for a specific purpose;
"The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
attribute or give;
"She put too much emphasis on her the last statement"
"He put all his efforts into this job"
"The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
make undue claims to having
transfer one's right to
decide as to where something belongs in a scheme;
"The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"
- All the students are assigned to suitable jobs.
- For example, you might assign each order a unique order number.
- After establishing roles, you can assign individual users to a role.
- For each class, you have to assign an instance name.
- You can assign remote VPN clients to the network that you want them to use.
- They assigned his odd behavior to his ill health.
- It is impossible to assign an exact date to this building.
- Let us assign a day for the next meeting .
- Our teachers assign too much homework.
- They assigned the rooms at the hotel.
- The professor assigned four chapters for this week.
- I have assigned four hours for recording the data.
- Have you assigned a day for the meeting?
- The doctor could not assign a cause for her illness.
- It is impossible to assign any reason for his failure.
- Detectives have been unable to assign a motive for the murder.
- These carbines were assigned for guard duty.
- Work will be assigned daily.
- No reason can be assigned for his refusing the terms.
- Has a day been assigned for the trial?
- These hours were assigned for the examination.
- I assigned you the job.
- The hostess assigned me a place at the table.
- They have assigned me a small room.
- They have assigned Wilson another class.
- He assigned us an easy task.
- They assigned him an important task.
- The teacher assigned each of the children a different task.
- Before parting he had assigned me several tasks.
- The math teacher assigned us a lot of homework.
- He assigned the students a few books to read.
- The teacher assigned us two exercises to do at home.
- I was assigned a car for my personal use.
- He was assigned a room on the second floor.
- We have been assigned the two large classrooms.
- He was assigned a secret mission.
- I'm glad that you've been assigned such a task.
- I have been assigned the job of looking after the new students.
- The most important people were assigned the most prominent seats.
- Headquarters assigned the soldiers to a different unit.
- They assigned a room to us.
- They assigned the new task to me.
- They assigned a very difficult mission to us.
- We'll have to assign a role to our new trainee.
- We can't assign jealousy as the motive for the crime.
- Drunkenness is assigned as the reason for his failure.
- Financial difficulties were assigned as the probable cause of his suicide.
- What did the teacher assigned us to do at home？
- The teacher assigned Wednesday evening to meet the parents.
- The captain assigned two soldiers to guard the gate.
- They had assigned someone to watch me twenty-four hours a day.
- We were assigned to prepare a meal.
- I was assigned to collect tickets at the door.
- I've been assigned to interview the candidates.
- I've been assigned to take notes.
- The reporter was assigned to cover international news.
- British forces have been assigned to help with peacekeeping.
- assign to (v.+prep.)
转让；让与give the ownership of rights or property to sb
assign sth to sb
They assigned the new task to me.
They assigned a very difficult mission to us.
We'll have to assign a role to our new trainee.
我们需给新来的实习人员分配一项任务。assign sb/sth to sth/sb
They've assigned their best man to the job.
Headquarters assigned the soldiers to a different unit.
It is wise to assign special exercises to the weaker students.
I was assigned to B platoon.
He was assigned to the company's branch in Cairo.
He was assigned to a middle school.
A different policeman has been assigned to the case.
Two senior officers were assigned to the investigation.
A practical detective was assigned to the case.
Tina has been assigned to the intermediate learners' group.
She had arranged to be assigned to the crowded men's wards.
The firm arranged that he should be assigned to the branch office.
公司安排他到分公司去工作。assign sth to sth
They assigned his bad temper to ill health.
The accident has been assigned to a faulty part in the engine of the bus.
那次事故是因为公共汽车发动机中有一个有毛病的零件。assign sth to sth
It is possible to assign an exact date to this building.
They assigned a limit to the number of passengers.
They assigned the bridge to the 15th Century A.D.
We cannot assign an exact date to these ruins.
We should be able to assign values to each of these components.
The antique is assigned to the eleventh Century.
这种古玩被认为是11世纪的遗物。assign sth to sb/sth
The agreement assigns copyright to the publisher.
The bankrupt must assign all of his patents to the receiver.
She assigned her whole estate to a charitable organization.
- assign a job to sb 把一项工作交给某人
- assign a mission 布置一项任务
- assign each person a task 分配每人一件工作
- assign homework 布置作业
- assign the parts in a play 分配剧中角色
- assign two soldiers 指派两名士兵
- assign for 确定…的(日期等)，找出…的(原因)
- assign a cause for sb's illness 确定某人的病因
- assign a day for a meeting 确定开会日期
- assign a day for the test 确定考试日期
- assign a day for trial 指定审判的日期
- assign a place for the meeting 定下开会的地点
- assign an hour for the ceremony 确定举行仪式的钟点
- assign the reason for the failure 找出失败的原因
- assign to 把…分配到…，鉴定…为…
- assign advertising to an expert 把广告工作分配给一名专家
- assign an expert to the job 选派专家担任这一职务
- assign counsel to the defendant 指定被告的辩护人
- assign one's failure to ill health 把失败归因于健康不佳
- assign sb's hot temper to ill health 把某人脾气急躁归因于健康不佳
- assign the temple to 150 B.C. 确定该庙宇建于公元前150年
- assign these rooms to them 把这些房子分配给他们
I assign to him the right of copy of an Imitation of the Tenth Satire of Juvenal.出自： S. Johnson
- assign还可作“指定,订出”解,指确定时间、地点、用途或说出原因、理由等,后接介词to或for,常用于被动结构中; 有时还可接as+ n. 充当补足语的复合宾语。
- 在美国，assign指“指定（功课）”，而其名词形式assignment则指“被指定的功课”，其后通常跟in，如an assignment in accounting；
The authorities assigned him to an important task.
The authorities assigned him an important task.
- assign, allot, apportion, distribute
- 这四个词都有“分配”的意思。allot指多多少少地随意分配,没有公平分配或等量分配的意思; assign着重指分配的指令性,带有官方色彩,不包含平均分配的意思; apportion指公平分配、平均分配或按某种原则制定的比例来分配; distribute指将整体分成若干份来分配,也指分给某团体分散在各处的成员。
- assign, define, prescribe
- define是指为了避免混乱等而确定范围; assign的本义是分配、分派任务的意思; 而prescribe是指作为规则、方针而加以确定。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的assigner；最初源自拉丁语的assignare：ad (去） + signar (做标记），意为去做标记。