- 邮寄，投邮，投寄，把投入邮筒 ，投递
- <俚> 验尸
- [C]柱,杆,桩 a strong thick upright pole or bar made of wood, metal, etc., fixed into the ground or some other base, especially as a support
- [S]终点标志 the finishing place in a race, especially a horse race
- [S]邮政 the official system for carrying letters, parcels, etc., from the sender to the receiver
- [S]邮件 (a single official collection or delivery of) letters, parcels, etc., sent by this means
- [S]投邮的地方 an official place, box, etc., where stamped letters are left for sending
- [C]职位 a job
- [C]岗位,哨位 a special place of duty, especially on guard or on watch
- vt. 张贴; 贴在…上 make public or show by fixing to a wall, board, post, etc.
- vt. 宣布,公告 proclaim; inform publicly
- vt. 邮寄 take to a post office or put into a collection box for sending
- vt. 设岗 put at a post
- vt. 委派 … appoint sb to a job or a responsibility
- the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand;
"a soldier manned the entrance post"
"a sentry station"
- military installation at which a body of troops is stationed;
"this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby"
"there is an officer's club on the post"
- a job in an organization;
"he occupied a post in the treasury"
- an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position;
"he set a row of posts in the ground and strung barbwire between them"
- United States aviator who in 1933 made the first solo flight around the world (1899-1935)
- United States female author who wrote a book and a syndicated newspaper column on etiquette (1872-1960)
- United States manufacturer of breakfast cereals and Postum (1854-1914)
- any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered;
"your mail is on the table"
"is there any post for me?"
"she was opening her post"
- a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track);
"a pair of posts marked the goal"
"the corner of the lot was indicated by a stake"
- the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office;
"the mail handles billions of items every day"
"he works for the United States mail service"
"in England they call mail `the post'"
- the delivery and collection of letters and packages;
"it came by the first post"
"if you hurry you'll catch the post"
- affix in a public place or for public notice;
"post a warning"
- publicize with, or as if with, a poster;
"I'll post the news on the bulletin board"
- assign to a post; put into a post;
"The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu"
- assign to a station
- display, as of records in sports games
- enter on a public list
- transfer (entries) from one account book to another
- ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
- mark with a stake;
"stake out the path"
- place so as to be noticed;
"post a sign"
"post a warning at the dump"
- cause to be directed or transmitted to another place;
"send me your latest results"
"I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
- mark or expose as infamous;
"She was branded a loose woman"
- He has no qualifications for the post.
- Your duties include checking and dispatching the posts.
- He struggled to run towards the winning post.
- I would be quite grateful if you would post this letter.
- Will you please keep us posted for this accident?
- Advertisements have been posted up everywhere announcing the new show.
- He was here on business, so he had to post instead of travelling around leisurely.
- She went post to the bank and cashed the cheque.
The post is stalled fast in the ground.
The fence was made of wooden posts and barred wire.
They tied him to a post.
A horse was attached to a post.
They set a post upright.
It's an upright post.
The ball hit the post.
He fixed a post in the ground.
He spent the morning putting posts along the boundary.
He lay there as stiff as a post.
Signposts direct travellers.
My horse got beaten at the post.
The head post office fronts the railway station.
There was no end to the letters pouring into the post office.
The post office nearby is a big one.
My reply is in the post and you will probably receive it tomorrow.
Has the post arrived?
A letter has come for you in the second post.
Has any post come for me today?
Has the post come yet?
This letter arrived with the morning post.
I've just taken her birthday card down to the post.
Will you take this letter to the post?
Ask him whether he would accept the post.
What they want to know is whether he is capable of holding that important post.
By 1977, his loyalty earned him the vice-presidential post.1977
He has the key post in the company.
I'm rather disappointed that he should get the post.
Important posts are sometimes filled by competitive examination.
It is appropriate that he should get the post.
He was nominated to the vacant post.
He worked neither for fame nor fortune and always fought at his ordinary post.
The soldier was punished for falling asleep at his post.
It is forbidden to post this building.
Jim posts a wall with placards.
Post this notice on the wall.
As soon as the principal posted the news, students began gathering in the yard.
The teacher posted the grades on the door.
I've just come out to post some letters.
He went to the post office to post a letter.
He posted the letter this morning.
This place was not very safe, so they wanted to post guard.
Brody had posted two officers on the beach.
Has the guard been posted?
Has the guard been posted?
Big placards bearing welcome slogans are posted along the street.
After several years in London he was posted to the embassy in Moscow.
He was posted to a regiment.
He was posted abroad.
The name list for holiday duty is posted on the bulletin.
The plane was posted missing.
I posted him a letter yesterday.
Did you post John the book?
She posted her brother two books.
She posted a book to me.
They have posted the ship as missing.
They have posted Daff as murderer.
The steamer George Washington is posted as late.
We posted a guard to keep watch.
- by post
邮寄 through post
I'll send you the book by post. 我将把书寄给你。
- 邮寄 through post
- post at (v.+prep.)
布哨于 put at a post post sb at sth
We posted sentries at the gates of the camp.我们在军营的大门口布置哨兵。
Post two soldiers at each gate.每个门都设两个士兵站岗。
The captain posted guards at the door.上尉在门口设了岗哨。
- 布哨于 put at a post post sb at sth
- post away (v.+adv.)
把…派往它处 send (sb) to a different place post sb ⇔ away 用于 be ～ed 结构
One of the uncertainties of military duty is that you never know when you might suddenly get posted away.任军职不稳定的因素之一是你永远不知道什么时候会突然被派往它处。
- 把…派往它处 send (sb) to a different place post sb ⇔ away 用于 be ～ed 结构
- post from (v.+prep.)
从…出发〔赶到〕 travel from somewhere post from sth
The carriage can post from London to Bath in only two days.这辆马车只要两天就能从伦敦赶到巴斯。
从…邮寄 send (sth such as a letter or parcel) by post from (somewhere) post sth from sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
I see from the postmark that this card was posted from Mary's holiday address.我从邮戳上看出,这张明信片是从玛丽度假所住的地方邮来的。
- 从…出发〔赶到〕 travel from somewhere post from sth
- post on (v.+prep.)
把…张贴在…上 fix (sth such as a notice) on post sth on sth
Please post this important message on your notice board so that all the students can read it.请把这张重要的通知贴在告示牌上,以便全体学生都能看到。
不断向某人提供有关(某事)的消息 give or send sb regular information about (a matter) post sb on sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
Post me on the developments in our plan while I'm away, will you?我不在时,请不断把我们的计划进展情况通知我,好吗?
- 把…张贴在…上 fix (sth such as a notice) on post sth on sth
- post over (v.+adv.)
(以告示、招贴)张贴于 cover with bills, placards, etc. post sth ⇔ over
He posted the wall over with notices.他把布告张贴于墙上。
- (以告示、招贴)张贴于 cover with bills, placards, etc. post sth ⇔ over
- post up (v.+adv.)
登录于,从日记簿过(账)于分类账 write items in (a ledger); transfer (items) from a daybook to a ledger
He posted up his day book before going out. 他把流水账过入总账后才离开。
He posted up the export sales. 他把外销账过到分类账上。
公布 display publicly in a public place by means of a paper, placard, etc.
He posted up the names of the members of the team yesterday. 昨天他公布了这个队队员的名字。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The list of those who were chosen was posted up. 入选人的名单已贴出。
张贴 fix (sth such as a notice) in a position where it can easily be seen
Please post up this advertisement for our concert in your shop window. 请把这张我们音乐会的海报贴在贵店窗户上。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The names of the members of the team will be posted up today. 队员名单今天将张贴出来。
- 登录于,从日记簿过(账)于分类账 write items in (a ledger); transfer (items) from a daybook to a ledger
- put post 栽柱子
- deliver the post 投递邮件
- have the post 收到邮件
- miss the morning the post 没赶上早班的邮件
- send out the post 寄发信件
- abandon post 放弃职位,离开岗位
- accept post 接受职位
- apply for post 求职
- decline post 谢绝职位
- die at post 因公殉职
- fill post 任职
- get a post 谋到职务
- give up post 舍弃职位
- go for post 赴任
- have post of 担任…职务
- hold post 坚守岗位,担任职务
- keep post 坚守岗位
- leave post 离开岗位
- obtain post 获得职位
- occupy post 占据职位
- proceed to post 赴任
- quit post 辞去职位
- relieve post 免除职务
- resign post 辞职
- seek post 求职
- station at post 安置哨所
- stick to post 坚守岗位
- strengthen post 加强工作
- take post of 就任…职位
- take up post 担任职务
- throw away one's post 离职
- vacate post 退职
- the last post 末次熄灯号,军队葬礼中的安息号
- upright post 直立柱子
- free the post 免费邮件
- the next post 下一次邮件
- registered the post 挂号邮寄
- the first post 第一班邮件
- the second post 一天中的第二次邮递时间
- advanced post 前哨
- appointed post 被任命的职务
- better post 更好的工作
- good post 好职位
- high post 高级职位
- important post 重要职位
- key post 主要职位
- vacant post 空缺的职位
- various post 各种职位
- worthless post 无用的工作
- bed post 床柱
- boundary post 界桩
- lamp post 灯杆
- door post 门柱
- starting post 起跑标志
- trading post 贸易站
- winning post 终点标志
- book post 书籍邮寄
- evening post 晚班邮件
- morning post 早班邮件
- parcel post 包裹邮寄
- party post 党内职务
- Army post 陆军的职务
- cabinet post 内阁职位
- command post 指挥所
- listening post 监听站
- observation post 观测站
- subordinate post 下级职位
- at the post 在那点上
- past the post 超过终点
- by post 邮寄
- in the post 在邮途中
- through the post 信函方式
- to the post 寄出
- at post 在岗位上,值班
- on post 值勤
- post advertisement 张贴广告
- post building 贴在楼上
- post grade 张贴成绩单
- post news 张贴消息
- post notice 张贴布告
- post wall 贴在墙上
- post letter 寄信
- post newspaper 邮寄报纸
- post parcel 邮寄包裹
- post a sentry 放哨,设岗
- post a soldier 设一名士兵站岗
- post guard 设岗,布置哨位
- post clearly 清楚地公布
- post diplomatically 外交公告
- post fully 贴得满满地
- post intermittently 断断续续地张贴
- post ostentatiously 招摇地宣称
- post periodically 定期公布
- post permanently 永久公告
- post publicly 公开地宣布
- post secretly 秘密地公布
- post strategically 有策略地宣布
- post thoroughly 详尽地公告
- post over 贴满
- post up notice 贴布告
- post oneself up in 熟悉,通晓
- post regularly 定期邮寄
- post upstairs 匆匆地上楼
- post off 匆匆出发
They..know no more than the post.出自：F. Burney
Now my dayes are swifter then a Poste.出自：Bible (AV): Job
When the post knocks and the letter comes.出自：V. Woolf
He would not make political appointments to the top posts in the Foreign Service.出自：A. Bullock
MacDonald applied for the post of librarian.出自：W. Raeper
Handbills offering a reward were..posted everywhere.出自：M. Forster
He wastes away Old age untimely posting ere his day.出自：fig.
Guardsmen were posted at Kennington Common.出自：P. Rose
He posted himself in front of gate twenty-four.出自：P. Auster
I shall post the letter to him tomorrow.（英国英语）
I shall mail the letter to him tomorrow.（美国英语）
post同mail的比较：作动词时，post和mail都可加双宾语。mail可统称“信件”，但post却不可以。英国人偶尔也用mail，常包含报纸杂志等。英美人都用mail去统指“一包一包的邮件”。 英美人都常用air mail作航空邮递，mail order作邮购，以及mail train作邮政列车；
We will post/mail you the booklet early next week.
He has a large amount of mail to answer every day.
The mails arrived by rail.
by post的用法比by the post普遍。
The letter came by (the) post.
- 美国人常用post no bills指“禁止招贴”，同英国的Stick no bills意思相同。
- post作“设岗”“布置岗哨位”解时,其宾语为guard, sentry, soldier等名词,常用介词at引出设岗的“地点”; post引申可表示“派某人做某工作或担负某任务”,只用于被动结构。
- post, mail
这两个词的共同意思是“邮件”。其区别是：1.mail主要用于美式英语; post多用于英式英语。2.post常可用作定语构成合成词, mail无此用法。例如:It came in the mail.那东西是邮寄来的。The post office is quite near.邮局很近。
- post to, address to, mail to
这三个短语结构相同( v. + prep. ),意思相同(将某物寄给某人或某地),用法相同(接表示人或地点的名词作宾语,可用于主、被动结构)。它们之间的区别在于使用场合上,作“寄信”解时可换用。例如:Please address〔mail,post〕 the letter to Alaska.请将此信按地址寄至阿拉斯加。而“寄包裹或其他物品”时英国人多用post to,美国人多用mail to。例如:
- The cheque was posted to you yesterday.
- The check was mailed to you yesterday.
误 I have posted the parcel for two days.
正 I posted the parcel two days ago.
正 It is two days since I posted the parcel.
错句：you may send it by a parcel post.
纠正：you may send it by parcel post.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的post，意为柱子，门杆；最初源自拉丁语的postis：por (往前） s+ tare(站），意为站在前面。
- post:函数Post()功能将指定消息加入到某个窗口的消息队列中，这个窗口既可以是PowerBuilder应用的窗口，也可以是其它应用的窗口。 语法Post( handle, messageno, word,…